Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell - Feb 7th to 13th 2021 - Chat

Comments

the2hurdys wrote: »
    Tipperary...near Cappawhite

Worth the wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭the2hurdys

Worth the wait!

Absolutely! Seems to be getting heavier now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

North by northeast, without Cary Grant. Watch out where the huskies go, and don't eat that yellow snow.

We haven’t a pick a snow got yet in east Galway Bertie.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

Sleety wet mess so far in Waterford City, not looking good ☹️

Bawnmore wrote: »
    Started here in West Galway too. Light, but bone dry so it looks to be sticking.

Disappointed the. Cladagh Jewellers web cam is down on shop st- would like to see it- any other Galway web cams live around?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Snow just starting by the sea west mayo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,217 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Melt very much setting in now, roads and paths thawing and grass regaining it's green.

Still light snow in West Clare, arguably slightly intensified in the last few minutes, however flakes are smaller.

Waking up and reading the reports from Cork this morning had me very worried, but it worked out.

On to 2024 for the next snow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,565 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Heavy snow now in west Galway. Breezy too.
    Heavenly.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Snow just starting by the sea west mayo

I was about to ask.... We are now cut off out here with the gale. Going out to look in your direction West Mayo offshore

• Registered Users Posts: 6,658 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

very heavy snow claregalway. I feel like I'm six again. baby cretin in cot asleep can't wait for her to see it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

Sleety icy rain here in Waterford City.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Melt very much setting in now, roads and paths thawing and grass regaining it's green.

Still light snow in West Clare, arguably slightly intensified in the last few minutes, however flakes are smaller.

Waking up and reading the reports from Cork this morning had me very worried, but it worked out.

On to 2024 for the next snow!

Ironically if what is falling here now fell on dry, frozen ground it would be accumulating. Its 100% wet snow, not sleet, at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 230 ✭✭kegg

Arome is my new favourite model:)

It's looking good for mayo? Fingers crossed...

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭vid36

kegg wrote: »
    It's looking good for mayo? Fingers crossed...

Looking good for North Galway too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Gale force ESE gust 42mph just before 10am here in south Laois. Dry, but damn cold! Windchill -9c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭Squidvicious

aurora 527 wrote: »
    Sleety wet mess so far in Waterford City, not looking good ☹️
    The real precipitation hasn't arrived yet. Once the heavier stuff comes(and it seems to be very slow in coming), I think that it will be snow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,565 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Sticking in Galway. Another 5 hours of this please!

Really nice floaty snow. Medium-Large size flakes.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Heavy snow for a time Saturday morning East and North on latest charts, will turn to rain but could be interesting early Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,217 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Ironically if what is falling here now fell on dry, frozen ground it would be accumulating. Its 100% wet snow, not sleet, at this stage.

Possibly, however the rate of melt here despite the constant snowfall is really something. Up to 1°c now.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

The real precipitation hasn't arrived yet. Once the heavier stuff comes(and it seems to be very slow in coming), I think that it will be snow.

I live in hope so 😊 Temperature starting to drop again now, was up to 3.1c down to 2.4c in last few mins DP still at 1.2c though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Am I right in saying it is slowing down allot over the Tipperary Hills moving eastwards? I am looking out at the sky westwards and it isn't changing yet

Edit Winds have really picked up the in the last 5 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭sean555

Barna

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭Squidvicious

aurora 527 wrote: »
    I live in hope so �� Temperature starting to drop again now, was up to 3.1c down to 2.4c in last few mins DP still at 1.2c though
    I'm in Waterford city right now and it's just turned to snow. Too light to amount to anything but hopefully, there's heavier stuff on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭Kunta Kinte

P.lane78 wrote: »
    Snowing in cork city ...not sticking :mad:

What part of the city do you live in? Unless you live on the high ground on the northside there, I very much doubt it`s proper snow that`s falling in the city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭P.lane78

High ground in Glanmire...proper snow but it's not sticking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Belting down now,flakes still small enough. Very slow moving front. SE Tipp 150m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭endainoz

Pleasantly surprised with the amount we've gotten in North Clare this morning, has been fairly constant since about 9am despite much of it being forecasted as sleet.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭the2hurdys

Davaeo09 wrote: »
    Am I right in saying it is slowing down allot over the Tipperary Hills moving eastwards? I am looking out at the sky westwards and it isn't changing yet

Edit Winds have really picked up the in the last 5 minutes.

No still coming down well here no sign of let up just yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭frash

Nothing at all in Dun Laoghaire bar wind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Bitter cold in West Dublin...much colder than yesterday.... I expect a nice covering of snow by tomorrow morning.... Saturday is also looking snowy in parts of Dublin until it turns back to sleet or rain...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement