Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell - Feb 7th to 13th 2021 - Chat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Timistry

Seems like the approaching front dragged some warm air in from the Atlantic. My temp increased from 0.1C to 2.5C. Back down to 1C now, hence the more defined flakes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

We really are getting a mix of everything in Cork today. Was raining 10 mins ago, then snow, then sleet, then a hail shower, some graupel, back to sleet, back to snow and now drizzle. Add gusts of wind to that too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,652 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

very heavy again now claregalway

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭barney 20v

According to radar the front has begun passing over us here in wexford Town but we've zero precipitation at all.. Am I wrong in assuming this front doesn't hold as much moisture as previously shown by forecasts??

Also seems to be similar to the previous three days, windy with high cloud, strong wind and no precipitation??
    Temp currently 2.5

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Chalkitdown147

JCX BXC wrote: »
    A nothing comment really.

Even if you did, good luck catching a flight. None to be found.

Was thinking this....sorry for posting a weather post in......a weather forum !?!? Anyways, back to the snow reporting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭konman

Light to moderate snow, starting to stick from the start. Still some snow cover on the north side of tuam from the brief streamer on Tuesday morning.
    5k south of Tuam.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 302 ✭✭dmcsweeney

snow-1.jpg

This was about as exciting as things got, a wet, miserable slushy mix, mid Cork 200m ASL. Well, think it's time to start looking forward to Summer :pac:

Raining in cork city.

Throw some milk up in the air and it might look like snow as it falls back down :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Slowed down here in Clare turned slightly wet as well hope it starts up again

• Registered Users Posts: 6,652 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

10 minutes before snow these lads knew the deal

• Advertisement

barney 20v wrote: »
    According to radar the front has begun passing over us here in wexford Town but we've zero precipitation at all.. Am I wrong in assuming this front doesn't hold as much moisture as previously shown by forecasts??

Also seems to be similar to the previous three days, windy with high cloud, strong wind and no precipitation??
    Temp currently 2.5

Radar picks up precipitation not reaching the ground
    Common in snow
    So you're all good
    Please keep us updated

• Registered Users Posts: 39 TeaCup2

Slush is all we have in South Kilkenny disappointingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Seymour20

Snow sticking readily here. There really is something special about watching snow build up during daylight hours.
    Outside Westport on the coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭noah45

Only windy in Athlone so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

What's falling is light but settling on most surfaces in Athenry. Wind blowing it all around.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭joeysoap

It's just not cold enough nor does it look like getting cold enough tbh. Thursday and Friday will be wet, windy and generally horrible and that's about the height of it.

This was more accurate than most

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭highdef

Temp currently 2.5

Looking at the radar sequence, there are a few funnies going on. There's interference or some sort or error occurring intermittently. Going back in time a short period to a radar return that looks correct, it would seem that the precipitation has not reached Wexford town yet.

In any case, for Wexford town I would expect falling but not sticking snow as being the best case scenario if/when the precipitation reaches you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭TheSegal

What's falling is light but settling on most surfaces in Athenry. Wind blowing it all around.

Not really settling in Oranmore, if the wind dies down there might be a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

Look who I found on the side of the road pic wai
    hfuoW7H.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭sean555

Just west of Galway city, still.snowing away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Beefy shower heading your way on radar

Didn’t happen. Dry and windy today. Bitterly cold. Very strong wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭the2hurdys

Lucked out here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Blizzard like conditions, vicious gusts, west mayo

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,942 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The west getting hammered this morning... East not so much

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

East Clare / South Galway blowing huge flakes in all directions - had to bring ponies in...sticking like a good 'un !!!

Front has slowed. Hit a brick wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭mumo3

Loughc wrote: »
    The west getting hammered this morning... East not so much

I still refuse to give up hope..... and I reckon I will eventually admit defeat around Monday(ish) :D

This is why snow beats stupid rain. Nothing here yet in north Dublin but I’m enjoying the pictures. Anything to make the lockdown easier, and add interest to the day.

(I could work I suppose, but let’s not go crazy).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Humberto Salazar

Fragmenting as it pushes northeastwards. Not looking good for the Dubs..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

..... Am I wrong in assuming this front doesn't hold as much moisture as previously shown by forecasts??

No shortage of moisture here sadly! As above we've had rain, hail, sleet, graupel, wet snow and dry snow - the one think we haven’t had is any dryness! Your only concern is that the entire county of Cork sponges up too much of everyone else's moisture!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement