Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell - Feb 7th to 13th 2021 - Chat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭BrandonBay86

Fragmenting as it pushes northeastwards. Not looking good for the Dubs..

Yes please God you don’t get any

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,217 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Massive thaw in West Clare. Precip stopped, up to 1.8°c now.

Was great to see so I'm not going to complain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Humberto Salazar

That's why it's relatively quiet here this morning. :cool:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Heavy fluffy snow now in Cork City. Way too wet for it to stick, but is there a particular reason it keeps going from near perfect fluffy snow to rain? I just thought it would be sleet. Real battleground area?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭sean555

Heavier snow Galway city.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Zogabomb

That's why it's relatively quiet here this morning. :cool:

50 pages since 7am... are you actually on the wind up?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Mixed precipitation here in Waterford City. But of everything really.Intensity just not there to turn it to proper snow. Hoping the Harmonie model is right and later everything turns to snow.
    Temp currently 2.6c DP 0.6c

https://www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

barney 20v wrote: »
    According to radar the front has begun passing over us here in wexford Town but we've zero precipitation at all.. Am I wrong in assuming this front doesn't hold as much moisture as previously shown by forecasts??

Also seems to be similar to the previous three days, windy with high cloud, strong wind and no precipitation??
    Temp currently 2.5

Just back from walking the dog up at Skeeter rock (195m) Was starting to snow once I got to the top and was getting heavier when I was coming down (maybe 140m?) In town now in my partners house (70m) and no precipitation yet.

Oh and it was baltic up there in strong SE winds, Cut the face off ye

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭netbeatz

Mixed precipitation here in Waterford City. But of everything really.Intensity just not there to turn it to proper snow. Hoping the Harmonie model is right and later everything turns to snow.

What do you think the chances are Mick considering the mess we have had this morning?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭KingJeremy

Coming down strong now east co Galway/Tipp border. Hoping for some accumulation - even a cm or 2 would be great. We’ve had none from this even yet. The east coast and dubs got a nice bit earlier this week from the easterly so if they get none out of this...well, my heart bleeds :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Massive thaw in West Clare. Precip stopped, up to 1.8°c now.

Was great to see so I'm not going to complain.

You stole our snow but I will let it go this time..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭brianthomas

mumo3 wrote: »
    I still refuse to give up hope..... and I reckon I will eventually admit defeat around Monday(ish) :D
    Last Monday :D

Clondalkin in Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 939 ✭✭✭mikep

It has been snowing steadily here in Thurles for the past 2 hours ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭mumo3

KingJeremy wrote: »
    Coming down strong now east co Galway/Tipp border. Hoping for some accumulation - even a cm or 2 would be great. We’ve had none from this even yet. The east coast and dubs got a nice bit earlier this week from the easterly so if they get none out of this...well, my heart bleeds :-P

Excuse yourself...I got nothing in the last couple of showers, my sister was calling me from North Dublin telling me it hadn't stopped over there, and sure it never started where I am....and I still haven't got over it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭finlma

The first few flakes started to fall in Kilkenny city.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

The last great boundary of discrimination to be overcome - Culchies hating on people in the East/Dubs :pac: (Am a culchie myself:))

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

mikep wrote: »
    It has been snowing steadily here in Thurles for the past 2 hours ..

Decent covering?

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Johann.

Excuse yourself...I got nothing in the last couple of showers, my sister was calling me from North Dublin telling me it hadn't stopped over there, and sure it never started where I am....and I still haven't got over it :(

Saw nothing in NCD this morning. Bone dry! :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭KingJeremy

My apologies Mumo...I hope you get a nice fall of snow in that case

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,565 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

The mountains in Connemara will have very deep snow.

Still coming down nicely in west Galway. Sticking in the grass a lot more than the roads/paths.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Lovely morning out there, dry thankfully but absolutely freezing in the wind :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭Squidvicious

I'm near you but we've had proper snow but always light and occasionally turning to sleet. Very frustrating because if we had heavier precipitation, we would have snow lying. Dry now and seems to be dying out.
    https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/observation/rainfall-radar#?map=Rainfall&fcTime=1613001900&zoom=7&lon=-5.12&lat=53.04

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

This is why snow beats stupid rain. Nothing here yet in north Dublin but I’m enjoying the pictures. Anything to make the lockdown easier, and add interest to the day.

(I could work I suppose, but let’s not go crazy).

Is it just me ,but there's no better picture than snow,with a tire track and you still can't see the road.
    Gives me the feels

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Cloudy and bitterly cold here in Meath, the remaining bits of snow in the grass is frozen solid and the wind is howling, random snizzle can be spotted every now and then in the wind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭mun1

Got an inch or two here just outside limerick city. Boys taking a bit of time off online schooling to have a bit of much needed fun in the snow4F17ECAA-6B29-473B-8A1B-AF128A441BE7.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,304 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The event in cork with the snow is much like cork GAA the past few years. Promises a lot but the end result is underwhelming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

mun1 wrote: »
    Got an inch or two here just outside limerick city. Boys taking a bit of time off online schooling to have a bit of much needed fun in the snow4F17ECAA-6B29-473B-8A1B-AF128A441BE7.jpeg

Your snow woman has a great rack

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

netbeatz wrote: »
    What do you think the chances are Mick considering the mess we have had this morning?

The precipitation needs to be more intense. It just has never got going to any extent here in Waterford City. Confidence levels of us seeing a covering have dropped but hoping this afternoon things may change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭mun1

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Your snow woman has a great rack

Didn’t notice that . That’s teenage boys that have been locked up for a couple of months for you :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement