Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell - Feb 7th to 13th 2021 - Chat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 230 ✭✭kegg

sjb25 wrote: »
    You must be fun at party’s......

You'll usually find him in the kitchen.. ; )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Well said Gonzo!! The incessant moaning and negativity is torture, let’s just be happy for those who got great snow today. Enjoy it!
    Gonzo wrote: »
    Mod Note: I'm getting tired of the constantly negative posts with very little to back it up. Decent snowfall/cold winters in Ireland is alot more than once per century. Sure this cold spell hasn't gone as hoped, we got unlucky this time around but came so close to a a great spell of winter weather. You never back up anything you say with the constant conveyer belt of negativity and this same tune cannot continue.

They are getting very decent snowfall right now in parts of Mayo and Galway, it may not be where you are or I am and Friday night may still deliver for a wider portion of the country. We are well aware how disappointed you are, you don't need to remind us any further.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Being a snow lover and living in Ireland has actually made me into a very patient person and good at managing any times I have too high expectations. Not even joking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,474 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Spread some happiness lads, moar snow pics westies please!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Very impressed by the snow quantities in the west today, some great pictures being posted. Keep them coming. Looks like it has really dumped large amounts in parts of Galway, Mayo and even the likes of Clare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Goldfinch8

The countryside has started to whiten up now east of Castlebar. Nice to see it sticking after watching it dance around in the wind for a good while before that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Very impressed by the snow quantities in the west today, some great pictures being posted. Keep them coming. Looks like it has really dumped large amounts in parts of Galway, Mayo and even the likes of Clare

and for once it isn't the UK taking all the snow. Great to see somewhere in Ireland getting proper snow which is the first real snow since March 2018.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Decent amount of snow in North Tipp

Started bout 10.30 this morning. That pic is from about midday.

It’s stopped for the last hour or so now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Dazler97

No snow here in mohill, still waiting slowly but surely

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

Flurries etc but not a drop sticking in westmeath

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

pad199207 wrote: »
    Flakes have turned to a flurry here in Kildare

Kind of half a flurry in Kinnegad. Looking at the radar and don't think we will get much more. Pity, close but no cigar. Nice to see few flakes falling with a glass of wine in hand :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭ctomas

Supercell wrote: »
    Spread some happiness lads, moar snow pics westies please!!

Okay one more so from Galway...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Do Mayo and Galway people own cameras?

You missed my pictures? I suppose I'm not a Galway person, I just live here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭BigMoose

For those of us in Wicklow, esp near the coast, I didn't think any snow was expected to reach us until 11pm or later from some of this mornings forecasts? Maybe I've been reading too much of the technical thread and got confused - but will be more upset if there's nothing over night. Or is nothing likely until tomorrow evening? The kids have given up listening to suggestions we might get any beyond a bit of dandruff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Snow remains light but beginning (or should I say, 'attempting' ) to stick on roofs now.

New Moon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭pad199207

You missed my pictures? I suppose I'm not a Galway person, I just live here.

I missed those! Spoilt so ye are! :D

Flakes have turned to a flurry here in Kildare

Wait wait,you have snow
    Bone dry here
    Models last night and this morning were crap
    Completely wrong on this side anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

3km east of athenry

• Advertisement

Murrisk (near Westport, Co Mayo).

543056.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56 ✭✭ronman

Headford Co. Galway. Light to moderate snow all day. Grass covered. Just a dusting on driveways. Happy enough with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

AuntySnow wrote: »
    Wait wait,you have snow
    Bone dry here

GL said the other day that he thought this front would not push as far east as the models were showing at the time.

New Moon

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

AuntySnow wrote: »
    Wait wait,you have snow
    Bone dry here

you have to wonder will Friday night/Saturday morning even deliver now, the same thing could happen again but the models do look a bit more hopeful for the next event however that snow shadow is still there for the Dublin/Meath/Kildare regions to some extent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭squarecircles

• Registered Users Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

This is underwhelming.

A good 8 hours of sleet/ wet snow / rain here so far in gale force winds. A horror show of a day. That said this was clearly a possibility for here on the models. It's further north and east of here that the models got hopelessly wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 230 ✭✭kegg

The snow is getting a bit heavier here in foxford mayo. Starting to stick. Hot whiskey by my side. : )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Also Galway

smart.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

As an aside, still 1c here. I really thought it would be a lot milder. If you told me yesterday that I'd get 8+hours of precipitation and 8 hours into it the temp would be only 1c I'd have been very happy.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Bitter wind and dry in Meath today after 3 days of flurries.
    Photos from the sister in East Galway, beautiful blanket of snow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement