Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell - Feb 7th to 13th 2021 - Chat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭yorlum11

A local photographer in Westport. Amayo Photography.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Night all just wanted to update. All parents know de baby cretin will jump on my head from 5am 2mw lol...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

piplip87 wrote: »
    So his its looking for tomorrow night into saturday for the northern half

Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

It has finally started snowing properly. A bit of a dusting too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

The angle of attack is big factor. Look at what directions tomorrows front is coming from. I will be stunned if the milder air has not won out by Saturday evening. I would love if the places that missed out today got a good dumping tomorrow night then the snow managed to stay till Sunday, but i can't see the models changing overnight to show this happening.

Hopefully you and those in the east will be blasted with the stuff tomorrow night and sat.

New Moon

• Advertisement

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Hopefully you and those in the east will be blasted with the stuff tomorrow night and sat.

Thanks paddy1!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,874 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

It has finally started snowing properly. A bit of a dusting too.

Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

SW Donegal appears to be under moderate to heavy snow. Could be some surprised people there in the morning as no warning for Donegal tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Donegal Ken

Looking at most of the models including the latest Met Éireann HARMONIE 18Z run we may see a Orange snow/ice warning for parts of the northwest and north tomorrow issued.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Nqp15hhu

Well let’s hope we all get similar snow on Saturday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭konman

Still light to moderate here but little if any more accumulation. Can hear the dreaded drip drip. Its been an enjoyable day, thanks to everyone for their pictures and contributions. Hopefully tomorrow night will deliver for those who didn't get any snow today.
    5k south of Tuam.

Where?

The part of Mayo that missed out on the bulk of the snow today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Snow is on its way going by met eireann not much has fallen anyway, mohill, 1c feels like - 4c

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

That regeneration on the netweather radar...

It CAN'T be can it?

Precip not far off Naas so perhaps Pad can fill us in on whether the returns are legit soon.

MetE radar has some increase in returns over SE and E but much less so.

Tyrone212 wrote: »
    SW Donegal appears to be under moderate to heavy snow. Could be some surprised people there in the morning as no warning for Donegal tonight.

Just after getting a report in from Glencolmcille that it's snowing there and lying.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭AloKildare

John.Icy wrote: »

It CAN'T be can it?

Precip not far off Naas so perhaps Pad can fill us in on whether the returns are legit soon.

Radar shows some precipitation and I just checked, some very very light snowflakes now falling!

Naas

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Mr Wood

John.Icy wrote: »

It CAN'T be can it?

A few flakes falling in Blessington just now. Very sporadically though

Around 12cm of snow now been reported by a observer in Crossmolina, Mayo this morning at 1am.

https://t.co/TrMA65QNjx

It's active over parts of Wicklow now.

lastsnowradar_uk.gif

Nearing Arklow. I guess Anti Snow is in bed.

Snooze you lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,368 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Snowing hard in Westport Mayo

Et_Nt0TXYAQkSaw?format=jpg&name=medium

Pic from twitter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

Light snow in Castleknock

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭ZeroSum76

It's active over parts of Wicklow now.

lastsnowradar_uk.gif

Nearing Arklow. I guess Anti Snow is in bed.

Snooze you lose.

Just up the road a bit in Ashford. 02:12 - Nothing.

Air Temperature 2.1°C
    Humidity 71%
    Dewpoint -2.7°C

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Calling it a night here. Netweather shows snow here but went outside and not a single flake. Hopefully better luck tomorrow night and Saturday morning. Would love to see a surprise turn in the models by the morning with a delay in the mild till Monday but i'm probably expecting far too much at this late stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭FrDougalMcguire

Heavy Snowfall here in Charlestown Mayo since 7pm. Nice accumulation now. Windy too no sign of abating. Could be 5-6cm in the morning

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/IMAYOCHA2

Gonzo wrote: »
    Calling it a night here. Netweather shows snow here but went outside and not a single flake. Hopefully better luck tomorrow night and Saturday morning. Would love to see a surprise turn in the models by the morning with a delay in the mild till Monday but i'm probably expecting far too much at this late stage.

Same. Precipitation must not be reaching the surface. Calling it a night myself.

Hopefully better tomorrow night, looks considerably better all be it anything to show for it will be short lived.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭lolie

Ditto here in south cavan.
    Not a flake has fallen despite what the radar is showing. Time for the cot, prepare for tomorrow night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

http://archive.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp

This is the best radar for the southern half of the island. It excludes the Belfast radar which is picking up virga on its southern extent.

Light snow still falling here in mohill, wind has picked up defo, 0c but feels like - 5c, night all sleep well and stay safe

Main event, so to speak, will be tonight until early Saturday afternoon. Moderate/Heavy snow for many in Leinster, North Connaught and Ulster over several hours and between 3 and 5 cms typically, locally more.

However, it's a stay of execution because milder Atlantic air will be progressing across the country through Saturday.

So make sure to enjoy it while it lasts! The first genuine frontal snow event in some time for most.

Meanwhile, south Wicklow getting snow atm.

• Advertisement

Main event, so to speak, will be tonight until early Saturday afternoon. Moderate/Heavy snow for many in Leinster, North Connaught and Ulster over several hours and between 3 and 5 cms typically, locally more.

However, it's a stay of execution because milder air will be progressing across the country through Saturday.

So make sure to enjoy it while it lasts! The first genuine frontal snow event in some time for most.

Meanwhile, south Wicklow getting snow atm.

I know according to met Éireann I'm to get snow from 2 am Saturday morning until 8am before it turns back into rain so I'm expecting 5 to 8cm before it's gone

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement