Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell - Feb 7th to 13th 2021 - Chat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Donegal Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭sicknotexi

So I went outside for a smoke and it is actually snowing. The flakes are so light and anaemic I hadn't noticed them lampost watching. Never seen a year like it for light snowfall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭pad199207

May pack it up and hit the hay here now. Nada happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭konman

Rain here now after hours of hail.
    5k south of Tuam.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Nqp15hhu

I’m not keen on this front being that far north as the warm front will come in a lot earlier. Let’s hope it stalls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,867 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

sicknotexi wrote: »
    So I went outside for a smoke and it is actually snowing. The flakes are so light and anaemic I hadn't noticed them lampost watching. Never seen a year like it for light snowfall.

Where abouts?

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Donegal Ken

And again still dropping at Markree, Sligo

13/02/2021 00:00 2.1°C
    13/02/2021 00:30 1.6°C
    13/02/2021 01:00 0.9°C

Snowing also around Cooloney and Markree Sligo.

Bone dry here near Arklow still
    An almighty chill in that wind
    0.8/-5.7c
    Wetbulb-1.9c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Place starting to go white but need to keep it falling 0c Carrick on Shannon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Athlone staying stable at around 2 km visibility in moderate snow. It's doing well.

SPECI EIAC 130104Z AUTO 13020KT 2000 SN BKN008/// OVC013/// M01/M01 Q1020=
    SPECI EIAC 130051Z AUTO 13020G31KT 1900 SN BKN008/// OVC014/// M01/M01 Q1020=

I went out here again and nathin. Clouds at Casement and Dublin the same as at 00Z. Both dewpoints have fallen tonight, both at -5. Off to bed. Fuuk it. If anything falls so be it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Brendan offaly

Still going in Tullamore.
    -1 with very strong winds and blowing snow.
    Flakes bigger now.
    Really hard to know the outcome of this event.
    Can we get a few hours in the morning to enjoy??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

A sprinkling on the ground from all the hail. It would have been nice to get a period of heavy snow before the rain comes. Hopefully we get another opportunity for snow within the next three weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Nqp15hhu wrote: »
    I’m not keen on this front being that far north as the warm front will come in a lot earlier. Let’s hope it stalls.

The warm front is sliding across the south coast and the triple point is evident over Cork at the moment. We have an unusually disjointed occluded front extending from Waterford via Athlone to Westport at the moment.

Also unusually, this occluded front is bringing milder air.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭watlantic

watlantic wrote: »
    No matter what the weather will be next week, I've
    saved a bit of yesterday's snow for a rainy day. :o

543236.jpg

It's putting a bit of icing on my cake now:

543352.jpg

Danno wrote: »
    The warm front is sliding across the south coast and the triple point is evident over Cork at the moment. We have an unusually disjointed occluded front extending from Waterford via Athlone to Westport at the moment.

Also unusually, this occluded front is bringing milder air.

Would prefer the snow to come during the day.

watlantic wrote: »
    It's putting a bit of icing on my cake now:

543352.jpg

Where's that? America

Still going in Tullamore.
    -1 with very strong winds and blowing snow.
    Flakes bigger now.
    Really hard to know the outcome of this event.
    Can we get a few hours in the morning to enjoy??

It seems to warm up in your area about 10-11. So you could get up at 8,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭bassy

about 10mm of snow now here in north kilkenny

bassy wrote: »
    about 10mm of snow now here in north kilkenny

You mean 1cm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭sicknotexi

`Snow started here but its going more upwards than downwards. Never going to stick. Fecking cold out there though.

• Advertisement

Met Office say 3c high tomorrow and subzero to 1pm so we should see snow here during the day as long as the warm front stays away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,893 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

It'd be a dead calm here in D6W, if it wasn't for the gale-force wind threatening to blow the garden shed away. Can't see us getting anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

I feel like I'm mentally prepared for this to be all for nought. Like I said, its arrived earlier than expected, it looks like it'll pass through much quicker all during the dark hours and precipitation looks a lot lighter this side of the Country and thus drop SFA for me in Bray....

...Yet when my alarm goes off at 7:30am, I jump out of bed and look out the Velux and see......nothing on the ground. Well, thats going to still feel like a major kick in the crown jewels no matter how prepared I am for that outcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Like the song,crazy crazy night here,places turning white in a gale, SE Tipp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Yeah there is nothing here now Tullaroan Kilkenny

Not even a sign of any thing on the ground
    Night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Haven't been online all evening/night (and don't have time to catch up on 20 pages of new posts!) but just checked the radar before lying down for the night and see the front is pretty much on top of me already :confused:

Looking at the models this morning it wasn't due until 8am tomorrow...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Blades of grass have disappeared below the white carpet. "more than a dusting" level achieved! :D

Temperatures stubbornly stuck on -0.3c. Let's hope they stay stubborn throughout the night. Snowfall continues, for now.

(south Laois)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Goldfinch8

Got a complete mixed bag of a wintry mix in central Mayo over the last couple of hours. We have had ice pellets, graupel, snow and now it has definitely turned into a sleety rain. The place has turned white again but it is a far icier mix than the pure stuff that fell yesterday.

543353.jpg

Slowly dropping. I think I will sleep to 7am praying that the snow won’t have arrived by then, or it’s over for a snow day.

• Advertisement

Calibos wrote: »
    I feel like I'm mentally prepared for this to be all for nought. Like I said, its arrived earlier than expected, it looks like it'll pass through much quicker all during the dark hours and precipitation looks a lot lighter this side of the Country and thus drop SFA for me in Bray....

...Yet when my alarm goes off at 7:30am, I jump out of bed and look out the Velux and see......nothing on the ground. Well, thats going to still feel like a major kick in the crown jewels no matter how prepared I am for that outcome.

Still nothing here near Arklow anyway despite the radar
    I'm wondering now will this be a repeat of yesterday, the air too dry/cold up this way :eek:

0.8/-5.5c

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement