Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell - Feb 7th to 13th 2021 - Chat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭sicknotexi

Decent heaviness now. Flakes are still small but lot of them. Roofs starting to whiten.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Dazler97 wrote: »
    Thank you, I'm freezing now, gonna roll a smoke and have a cuppa in it

You've waited long enough.

Radar looks very healthy for you yet. Should be a good final depth with you in a few hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

For what it's worth, the high res UKmet model, of which data can be found on their app, has the greatest chance of snow (70%) on the east coast (going by Casement Aerodrome) during tomorrow morning.

I don't know what has been falling out of the skies here this last while, but it is like a mixture of broken tiny glass fragments encased in a particular viscous form of snot.

New Moon

Moderate snow here near Arklow
    Very powdery flakes
    0.8/-4.4c
    Wb -1.4
    Fair sugar coating already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Few flakes blowing around in a very strong wind in my part of Carlow.

The snow has been piling in since about 9 and with the wind driving and drifting snow off the mountains, it's left a very nice covering here.

The wind has been ferocious as well. Very surprised to still have power.

Hardest night here this winter.
    Carlow.

• Advertisement

It's sticking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Ground is starting to turn white but it's a slow process so far, snow is bone dry though , no mixing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

AuntySnow wrote: »
    Moderate snow here near Arklow
    Very powdery flakes
    0.8/-4.4c
    Wb -1.4C
    Fair sugar coating already
    Zippo here at the moment beside Dub Airport.
    1.3C
    Dp -2.1c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Dazler97

John.Icy wrote: »
    You've waited long enough.

Radar looks very healthy for you yet. Should be a good final depth with you in a few hours.

I hope so temperature has gone down by 2c in the last hour, now - 0.5c , I might stay up but I've already taken my meds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Mr Bumble

Snowing on the east side of the Glen of the Downs......light to moderate horizontal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

A few flakes in Bray swirling up down and around the lamp post outside. Rolling over to sleep now. My next report will be when my alarm goes off at 7.30am for work and I look out the Velux. Footpaths as dry as a bone or a Winter Wonderland?? Who knows.

Snowbie wrote: »
    Zippo here at the moment beside Dub Airport.
    1.3C
    Dp -2.1c

What I'd give for normality though and to be heading there for a 6am flight
    Snowing away here in a howling wind like a white sandstorm but with swirling flakes
    Its not heavy enough to reduce visibility too much can see yard lights some 300 metres away
    Fields are dusted white

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Mr Bumble

Heavier in Glen of the Downs now. Lights of Greystones have disappeared which is always a good sign.
    Edit. Proper blizzard now. Woowoo. Not a snizzilicle all week and just when they've all fekked off to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 leeash10

The gusts here are horrific, the house is shaking. Trailer took off and is wedged in the jeep. Widows rattling, gutters and downpipes are several fields away. Can't see any snow lying as the wind is way too strong. A dreadful night. West Wicklow.

AuntySnow wrote: »
    What I'd give for normality though and to be heading there for a 6am flight
    I work there, and trust me the reality is much more frightening :(

Was watching the lads clearing the runway of light snow the other night for a twin engine prop/cargo plane just to take off and it was the only activity in the airport.

Anyway, few flakes blowing in the breeze now
    Temp holding 1.3C

0.7/-3.8c
    Wb -1.2c
    Snowing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Still snowing at me but at this rate there won't be any big accumulations unless it beefens up by morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭Booms

very fine light ice crystals in the air now, first sign of any precipitation here,
    (Higher part of Stillorgan SCD, near the Luas line)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,929 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

The few hours of hail and ice pellets turning to rain now. I hope we get some more rain over the next few days and it does not fizzle out crossing the country. It would be terrible if people missed out yet again:pac:

Dustin should be the poster boy(turkey) for this winter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,569 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Too bad we can't make time go backwards because then this snow would be on the ground for a week. And it would be only three years to wait for the return of Emma.

It would also make my task a lot easier. Until about the 24th century at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭skepticalme

Snowing in Westmeath for the last hour. Was so stormy I thought it was rain bashing the windows but it's heavy snow. Sticking on the ground for now anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭King of Spades

Blizzard conditions here in Meath with heavy snow and strong gusts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,929 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Too bad we can't make time go backwards because then this snow would be on the ground for a week. And it would be only three years to wait for the return of Emma.

It would also make my task a lot easier. Until about the 24th century at least.

Whatever about perfecting time travel, I thought you would have found a way to turn off the NAD or reverse the spin of the globe by now. Very disappointed in you M.T. Cranium.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭netbeatz

Hard luck to everyone who didn't get snow this evening. We felt the same during the week down here in the SE.

Great potential and then a wash out.

Maybe the winters got one more in it for us all 🀞

netbeatz wrote: »
    Hard luck to everyone who didn't get snow this evening. We felt the same during the week down here in the SE.

Great potential and then a wash out.

Maybe the winters got one more in it for us all 🀞

That's it the glass is always half full. Sure March could surprise us fingers crossed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

We have between 2 and 3 inches lying here with strong gusts blowing it about, very powdery, looks to continue for a good while yet.

SE Sligo

Finally light snow falling getting a little bit heavier. Blowing around on the ground
    1.2C
    Dp-2.5C

6cm now but I'm calling it a night, - 0.3c at the moment, wind has died down but my god it would blow the hairs off ya, night talk to you's tomorrow stay safe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Winterstale

Really enjoying the snow this morning just west of Trim Meath. Good moderate flakes falling last couple of hours or so. Everywhere white. Second proper fall this winter including Sunday January 23rd. Both came from the west or sw. Any brave snow chasers post covid should try driving the Icelandic ring road in winter. Inspiration and terror in equal measure. Not recommended but Snow galore and white outs where you genuinely cannot see anything bar a white screen for a number of seconds. Never felt so alive.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement