Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell - Feb 7th to 13th 2021 - Chat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Grainy snow with a rather sleetish feel now in Dublin city centre. Can imagine it's snowing in suburbs and beyond.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Rougies

Grainy snow with a rather sleetish feel now in Dublin city centre. Can imagine it's snowing in suburbs and beyond.

Yeah snowing in D.16 alright. It's lots of small flakes, quite densely packed in the air, not really falling, more blowing upways and sidewards and swirling in the howling wind. Not really accumulating much but great to watch and feels really like "winter" out there for once.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Just got up to see..........

RAIN.
    Bitterly disappointed.
    There's what looks like a small amount of something white on car roofs but it's melting already.....
    Firhouse Dublin 24.

RAIN.
    Bitterly disappointed.
    There's what looks like a small amount of something white on car roofs but it's melting already.....
    Firhouse Dublin 24.

It's not rain at all. Small snowflakes, but pure snow all the same. You need a closer look!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

RAIN.
    Bitterly disappointed.
    Firhouse Dublin 24.
    The precipitation has just reached Dublin? And it isnt rain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Light sleety rain hit my window in Dublin 8 for about 2 mins the time it took me to write n edit this post.
    Let dog out to toilet an hour ago, it was baltic and blowing quite a gale.

I'll look again but it's very very rain like!!!
    We're probably on the edge of marginal here anyway....

Light snow here near Swords, almost blowing vertical!

Howth is reporting 0.4/-1.4

I'll look again but it's very very rain like!!!
    We're probably on the edge of marginal here anyway....

You literally have to stand beside an outdoor light. But it's snow! Not a drop of rain.

I won't be staying up for it, we've been cursed by lack of decent precip again. Better than nothing I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭coffeepls

Nothing here in Sallins. Very disappointing. Not even a lil flake.

• Advertisement

Rougies wrote: »
    You literally have to stand beside an outdoor light. But it's snow! Not a drop of rain.

I won't be staying up for it, we've been cursed by lack of decent precip again. Better than nothing I suppose.

Ah radar is getting better every 5mins, I think it is worth staying up for, you can sleep from midday

Bit heavier now, falling as kinda wet snow. Struggling to stick on rooftops. Wind seems to be slightly moderating also. Can only eyeball this guess but I think it's a bit over 1 degree.

Dublin cc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

0.5C dp -1.3C and light to moderate snow starting to settle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,598 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Sleety rain in DCC - always next year I suppose

Some dusting of car rooftops here but a slow progress, very blowy light snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭sicknotexi

Will we ever see 2010 constant heavy snow without a strong wind again? Of course we will but it could be a long time. Even that great winter we were dry for most of a freakishly cold spell.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 cold.stream

Light moderate wet snow. Blizzard like. Not stickjng but nice to see nonetheless

Some beginning to settle here..... it's very fine hence why I thought it was rain initially....
    Temp is hovering just above 0.1c.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

Snow turning to sleet now, had a good 5 hours of snow about 3 inches of beautiful powderiness.

SE Sligo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Some dusting of car rooftops here but a slow progress, very blowy light snow.

Ye not too far away from you and the same, temp now at 0.4C and all the heavier precip is moving just to our north in the north of the county. Looks like Balbriggan is getting pasted.

• Advertisement

Slush starting to gather on the rooftops, some have patches of white. Sleety snow falling now. Dublin city centre. Blowing almost horizontally in the wind.

Getting slightly heavier now sticking to grass
    Deck is covered in a fine coating..... flakes appearing now.
    Hopefully it'll get a bit heavier.......
    Wind has almost completely dropped here bizarrely.....

Snowbie wrote: »
    Ye not too far away from you and the same, temp now at 0.4C and all the heavier precip is moving just to our north in the north of the county. Looks like Balbriggan is getting pasted.
    Imagine how it is in parts of Monaghan now! Radar echoes up there are intense.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The second band reached here, could hear it on the roof and it sounded like ice...then looked at my outdoor camera and it was a mixture of snow/ice.
    Now it’s just snow.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

We made it!!! :)

Just up. Light/moderate snow in Dublin 16. Everything pasted white. Blowing a gale. 0.2c atm.

snow shadow over me now. Hopefully with next band there'll be a perk up and give us a few cm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

Laytown here. I think its a mix of everything falling here. Rain, sleet, snow, hail. Absolutely wild out. Im going back asleep, hopefully when i wake up its only snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭spoonerhead

No whiteout in D12, but there is a nice covering on cars, roofs and grass. The road and paths are soaking.

DOCARCH wrote: »
    We made it!!! :)

Just up. Light/moderate snow in Dublin 16. Everything pasted white. Blowing a gale. 0.2c atm.

Not remotely windy here Docarch and I'm just over the mountains from you!
    Lightly snowing.
    Firhouse Dublin 24

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,636 ✭✭✭✭fits

Very wild night here in South Carlow. I feel sorry for the horses being out in it. ( they are hardy and have plenty hay and shelter) Some slushy stuff on the ground. I don’t think we will be venturing out to make a snowman unless wind dies down a bit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement