Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell - Feb 7th to 13th 2021 - Chat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Mr Bumble

2 hours of moderate snow 5k inland from Greystones and it's only now heavy enough to stick. Tracks are from snow plough going up our hill which is as rare a thing as I've ever seen and probably means rain not far away. Decent lad to be up at this hour in grim weather tbf.
    Roundwood and further inland must be getting walloped

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Not remotely windy here Docarch and I'm just over the mountains from you!
    Lightly snowing.
    Firhouse Dublin 24

It appears to be wet snow but just dry enough to accumulate and make a drift against the front (east facing) wall of the house. 0.5c atm.

snow shadow over me now. Hopefully with next band there'll be a perk up and give us a few cm

Currently ice pellets/graupel/snow mix here near Arklow

1.2/-2.8c
    Wb -0.6c

SE gusting 48.3kmh
    Quite a covering

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Sleety rain in Dublin city centre now. The slush dusting has melted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Nothing but a hurricane in Newcastle Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

I thought it was all over for me but it is snowing heavily again with much larger flakes now.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

A nice dusting in Firhouse Dublin 24.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,867 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

In shadow here still. Light sleet/snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 2L of Urine

Nanometer of crunchy snizz on the patio here in north Kildare, everywhere else wet and gross, although I am surprised by the depth of cold, it’s freezenuts out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,023 ✭✭✭circadian

Very gusty with light sleet here in D9.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

That Gif last night with the Kildare snow shield was accurate. Strong gusts but no snow.

I was hoping to walk in it this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭theunforgiven

Decent covering in North Meath. Front garden grass pretty much covered and the estate is white.
    Very windy all night and I think it's lashing sleet/rain..can't be sure..I'm in bed listening to it hit the windows. 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Disappointing effort here and temperatures in Howth are on the rise. The fat lady is clearing her throat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Nothing in lucan, down the road is white.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Still snowing away in Dublin 16. Alternating between light and moderate. Temp on the rise a little. 0.5c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Fics

Heavy snow starting to stick Bettystown.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Artane2002

snowing in Dublin 5 now, the ground is very wet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Sun2Snow

North Wexford 100m asl

Light dusting of snow. Will pop up the local hill after breakfast to see how much is there.

light rain or sleet here now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

A few flurries in Swords but pretty much melting on impact. The wind is biting cold though, even the doggo thought twice about going out this morning. It’s a Strong wind as well

• Advertisement

Snow has gone fine/small flakes in Dublin 16. 0.5c atm. Wind is pretty ferocious....some very strong gusts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭brianthomas

Very strong gusts here in Clondalkin, Dublin but nothing in terms of snow. Looks to be a little left of the windscreens so something fell at some stage but winds are crazy out there at the min. Was hoping to wake up to a covering of sorts but not to be I guess.

Clondalkin in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

Whiteout conditions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Just rain in Swords ;(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭brianthomas

Nothing in lucan, down the road is white.

If you look at the radar runs, you will see a hole develop in the precipitation and me and you are in it :mad:

Clondalkin in Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

There is a wet thin layer of something on the roof of the car now but nowhere else (Celbridge). Not sure what that layer was earlier but it doesn't look like there was much here.

I see Casement reported light rain and sleet right through the night and Dublin sleet, apart from one report of snow around 5 am. Reported depth there was and is <0.5 cm of <50% coverage. Elsewhere, depths in Ulster are 2 cm at Thomastown and 1 cm at Lough Fea.

Lots of snow up in Louth by the looks of the webcams,

Lots of Dublin, Kildare missing out but a good bit of snow around

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I’m getting a heavy sleety snow mix but I think it will be raining in an hour or so.
    The snow on the ground isn’t melting yet but maybe it will be mostly gone by 10am.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,867 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Artane2002 wrote: »
    snowing in Dublin 5 now, the ground is very wet though.

Just want it gone at this point. A horrible mess. We were very unlucky with rain shadow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭King of Spades

Went to sleep a few hours ago to blizzard conditions and fast accumulating snow in central Meath but woken up just now by heavy rain on the window. Still a good bit of snow on the ground and it had started drifting but won’t be around for long with this rain.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement