Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell - Feb 7th to 13th 2021 - Chat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Dazler97

I think most temperatures are above because the wind is quite gusty etc, hopefully tomorrow it will be colder but I know Thursday and Friday is to be windy as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

1.7c here meath with a strong breeze, great drying out there thankfully

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Live rail cam in northern Missouri. Snowing nicely there:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAQUGsUzWbE

New Moon

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Nqp15hhu

If only we had the ability to pull that cold air (kicking and screaming) down to the surface! Come on!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Live rail cam in northern Missouri. Snowing nicely there:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAQUGsUzWbE

Do you think it will push far enough east tomorrow to effect us?!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Any thunder predicted for Thursday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Do you think it will push far enough east tomorrow to effect us?!

You never know. Snowing in Illinois too, so drawing closer to us at least. Baby steps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXuWLlalCZo

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Light snow flurry in D5, here’s hoping a few surprises await over the next 4 days

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭chris2007

im in dublin 5 too and not a flake falling

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Brendan offaly

We still have very light flurries in Tullamore blown in by the wind. We can easily see it with the big sensor light out the backyard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Dublin 5 has proven to be very random in recent weeks with ninja snow :-)

You haven’t missed much, was just a brief flurry in the end but still nice to see snowflakes blowing in the wind
    chris2007 wrote: »
    im in dublin 5 too and not a flake falling

• Registered Users Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

igCorcaigh wrote: »

No though ppn looks heavy so you couldn't rule it out.
    The main focus will be on snow, if I could pick a sweet spot I would go with Carlow

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭TTLF
    save the trouble and jazz it up

Dublin 14 has had pretty consistent flurries since 2pm, it just never really stopped. But that's not to say it's doing anything, extremely light in nature and just blows about in the wind. I had convinced myself it had stopped when I went to check there, but nope... 3-4 flakes falling down every 10 seconds here and there... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,876 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Howth continues to fall slowly... 2.4c/-3.0c

Winds are gusting to 63km/h there.

Dublin Airport 1.7c/-4.7c

It can't be ruled out, I know Mr MT mentioned it a few times in his forecast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,218 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

One of the weather charts indicated it, however thunder is very much a day before forecast, notoriously hard to forecast.

The showers upstream just starting to look a little more active the last few hours across eastern England. Hopefully something along those lines in to the Irish Sea by the morning.

lastsnowradar_uk.gif

Howth continues to fall slowly... 2.4c/-3.0c

Winds are gusting to 63km/h there.

Dublin Airport 1.7c/-4.7c
    2.2/-4.1c here near Arklow

Wind direct easterly now so given up on snow showers here
    I can smell the chip van on the lleyn peninsula tho and the raucous house party in Porthmadog...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,202 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭King of Spades

Snow intensity has increased here in Meath. When I say increased, it’s gone from very light to fairly light but the flakes have increased in size and are even attempting to settle. Very windy and Intensely cold out there. Tempted to have a hot whiskey to warm up and enjoy the buzz of proper winter weather.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,437 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Bugger that of to hide under the bed clothes as its getting wild here.No snow yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Shepards Delight

I have been observing some pointless artifacts propping up on different sections on here recently and people gone stereotype about some snow event . One thing i have also noticed is mt cranium has turned his weather predictions into a boring bed time story. Also observed a post put up about snow in 1980s .that should go on to the boards history event section . Pity im not a moderator . Weather at mo cold and chilly here 3c at present goodnite

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭Kunta Kinte

Going by that report people queuing for bread was an issue in Jan 1982 as well.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭hamburgham

Nothing at all in the air. Great to see how much drying there's been today. Absolutely nobody out, not even cars. Just the local chipper open but no customers in it. Eerily quiet, except for the noise of the wind whacking the flagpoles of the local school. A lovely night for a walk. I recommend going out there now and taking it in.

Guessing you’re not female.

I'm beginning to wonder is there a fault with the Dublin radar more than just anaprop. Going to be annoying if it stays like that.

The showers upstream just starting to look a little more active the last few hours across eastern England. Hopefully something along those lines in to the Irish Sea by the morning.

lastsnowradar_uk.gif

Wow it looks like the devil has unleashed the UK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

I have been observing some pointless artifacts propping up on different sections on here recently and people gone stereotype about some snow event . One thing i have also noticed is mt cranium has turned his weather predictions into a boring bed time story. Also observed a post put up about snow in 1980s .that should go on to the boards history event section . Pity im not a moderator . Weather at mo cold and chilly here 3c at present goodnite

This is a chat thread. A dedicated technical discussion thread has been set up for those that want to avoid what you complain about.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058157847

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭noplacehere

Delighted to get the proper cold air in. And to enjoy the rollercoaster distraction from life. And I don’t care at all if it doesn’t snow (although it would be the icing on the cake!), the cold dry air and the amount of drying of the ground done already will keep me happy. I think our back garden was about to sink completely

The activity building across England is quite enhanced at this point. It's even snowing just south of Manchester and Liverpool now.

lastsnowradar_uk.gif

And the first tentative echoes are getting in to the Irish sea. Seems to be a number of convergence zones in there. A surprise coming maybe?

Anyhow night all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

And the first tentative echoes are getting in to the Irish sea. Seems to be a number of convergence zones in there. A surprise coming maybe?

You're an excellent hypeman.

Not a complaint

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement