Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell - Feb 7th to 13th 2021 - Chat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Quiet night here in Dublin Airport.
    Temp still 2c with DP -4c and everything bone dry now.

Some action starting to build west of the IOM and heading for east Ulster...promising signs for Dublin/East coast.

Capture.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

2c in the car on the way to work this morning, absolutely balt8c though. Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Ptrk85

Some light flakes starting to fall in Navan. Small shower on radar but a good start nonetheless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭Squidvicious

Interesting to see that Meteireann don't have any weather warning out yet, although there are weather warnings in place for much of NI. I would have thought that if NI merits a weather warning then North Leinster should get one too. Surely snow showers aren't going to affect Down and Armagh but not Louth? Admittedly, Meteireann do have an Advisory which mentions snow showers which adds to the mystery as to why they have no warning in place. However, Meteireann have also dropped any mention of accumulations this morning which doesn't exactly augur well for snow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Must be serious question marks now as to whether Thursdays front gets further northeast than Munster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Some speckles beginning to show up in Irish Sea now on radar some light snow or graupel flurries likely in places this morning

Hopefully some reasonable showers about by tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Stay safe Grace. It’s bitterly cold here in Dublin 18 but love the thought of lots of snow

If it happens it will be... interesting.. to see how we all cope. lol... When I was in Orkney my home help used to arrive on the family tractor... Picturesque. And efficient. I was told that in 2010 here they had to scoop snow out of the ferry...

Bitter cold, but the gas pipe is clear so not too bad. lol...

gozunda wrote: »
    Trust the cat. Cats know things we don't... ;)

My SEVEN are varied! Most are out at present. …. We shall see.

Reati wrote: »
    Ah here. I've feckin surgery Thursday morning. It can feck off till after I get to the hospital.

Ah good luck!

My fortnightly shopping is due on Thursday too..

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭King of Spades

Looks like shower activity is increasing along coastline in Louth and Meath.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 Chalkitdown147

What radar are you using??

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭King of Spades

What radar are you using??

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/mobile

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,127 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Wind at M2 buoy, Anglesey and IOM gone ENE. Hopefully that might throw a few showers/flurries Dublin way.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,127 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Brief graupel shower now in Dublin 16.

....and light snow too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,333 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Jesus, just look at what the North Sea is dumping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,218 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Shower just kicking off east of Donabate/Rush, should be coming in shore soon.

According to netweather looks like a shower making its way into Rush/Donate heading ENE

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Fics

Can confirm, light snizzle stretching from meath coast right up to the red cow.

(I'm an essential worker before anyone questions the journey)

Strange, Heathrow reporting a temperature of -2°c and dewpoint of -5°c all morning, however reporting only rain or at best sleet.

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Shower just kicking off east of Donabate/Rush, should be coming in shore soon.

I'm wondering is there something up with the radar as it just magically appear over Lambay when you animate it, maybe more on the way but just not being picked up further out in the Irish sea???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

According to netweather looks like a shower making its way into Rush/Donate heading ENE

Netweather and rain today do not show the lighter showers. Some of those showing around Dublin now on met.ie

I'm wondering is there something up with the radar as it just magically appear over Lambay when you animate it, maybe more on the way but just not being picked up further out in the Irish sea???

That's merely the joys of sea effect showers!

Tears flowing involuntarily... I had to bring the bag of coal in from partway down the drive…. ( and the gas cylinder) .

typing is not easy; SO BITTERLY COLD.. shudders! My arms are chilled through all the layers.

So there I am " walking " a 20 kg bag of eggs in! Life is gutsy out here! lol... But all fuelled up now. Great feeling!

Please take care; this cold as they say " something else" and demands respect.

Grey heavy hard sky and an eerie wind sighing and soughing over the ocean

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

Knock currently 0c at 7am. Remaining stations all above freezing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭daheff

nothing in North Kildare (as of yet). dry and cold

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭mumo3

It's struggling to snow in D22... But its trying

More light graupel in Dublin 16. 2.1c atm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭pad199207

Tiny dusting :rolleyes: in Kildare

BECEF0-D3-20-CC-4-B5-D-8469-906-EAFDF3-E9-E.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Some light grauple in Shankill now again D18. Very light.

• Advertisement

pad199207 wrote: »
    Tiny dusting :rolleyes: in Kildare.

Similar to what I am getting here, but it disappears/evaporates between the light graupel showers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement