Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell - Feb 7th to 13th 2021 - Chat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭bigbudda

wicklowdub wrote: »
    Some light grauple in Shankill now again D18. Very light.

It's arrived here in sallynoggin also, had to run outside to confirm :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Bitterly cold in Naas, its more the cold wind than the temperature. I had to rap up a bit for my morning walk.

It's currently trying to snow. Just a fine powder falling which you can barely see but hear the crackling at it hits the ground.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,127 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Snizzle blizzard in Dublin 16. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭mumo3

It would be great if it snowed now, can't remember the last time it was this dry... It seems like weeks at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭TTLF
    save the trouble and jazz it up

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Similar to what I am getting here, but it disappears/evaporates between the light graupel showers.

Yeah exactly the same here in D14, as long as the grauple doesn’t hit the floor and hits something like a spiders web, it won’t melt. Lots of them stick right now

Bigger burst here now, cool to see...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭noplacehere

mumo3 wrote: »
    It would be great if it snowed now, can't remember the last time it was this dry... It seems like weeks at this stage

It’s fabulous. I was so sick of the wet weather and wet gear and mud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Is it expected to be as bad as 2018 ? Dunno if I should get some 2nd hand winter tyres as the car is rear wheel drive and I'll need to still get to work.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,127 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Is it expected to be as bad as 2018?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Artane2002

light graupel and snow flurry in Dublin 5, dark too but then again it is quite early in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭KingJeremy

Not expecting anything until maybe a dusting on Thursday if we’re lucky (crossing fingers and toes!) Looking at a snow chart that was posted for Thursday I see most of the country inland gets a covering except a small speck at the north of Lough Derg...pretty much at my location FFS ;-)
    Hoping you Dubs get a nice blast of the white gold over the next couple of days. Us in the more western parts of the country will enjoy the break from the rain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 358 ✭✭YanSno

Very light graupel here in Glasnevin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Humberto Salazar

Bone dry in Offaly and I suspect most other places away from east coast. Bitterly cold wind, dull skies. It just beats rainy muck by virtue of the dryness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

Is it expected to be as bad as 2018 ? Dunno if I should get some 2nd hand winter tyres as the car is rear wheel drive and I'll need to still get to work.

According to the examiner the “siberian powerhouse of going to wreak havoc on the country!” “Beast from the east 2.0” is their sensationalist headline.. But according to almost everything else, no...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Irish sea starting to pep up now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Very light graupel in D15 at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Something white briefly fell in celbridge a minute ago

• Registered Users Posts: 26 T2Pauly

Light graupel/sleet the last 20mins , Rathcoole Co.Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 281 ✭✭almostthere12

Graupel in D13, less than 1km from the coast to the south and the east so good to see it is graupel and not sleet, hopefully if it gets heavier today or tomorrow it will be snow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Irish sea starting to pep up now.

A lot of the precipitation showing over my area in meath at the minute is producing nothing so im not expecting to much from whats at sea to be honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Snizzle in coastal East Cork

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Another very light snow shower in Dublin 5. I have a good feeling about the coming days. Believe :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,876 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Light snow/graupel North Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Graupal in Dublin 8..hopefully it doesn't develop into anything further. Very cold out there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

guil wrote: »
    Something white briefly fell in celbridge a minute ago

Heavier shower now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭brianthomas

Light Snow grains shower here in Clondalkin Dublin

Clondalkin in Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

Few flakes /graupel in Dublin city centre... Close to the port.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭anacc

Light graupel near Kinsale on the south coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Neddyusa

Bone dry in Offaly and I suspect most other places away from east coast. Bitterly cold wind, dull skies. It just beats rainy muck by virtue of the dryness.

Yes - pretty horrible alright. As I said last week, give me a +5C 850 high with blue skies and sharp frosts over this anyday.
    Couldn't understand how anyone was looking forward to this current weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Met Eireann update on Morning Ireland:

Monday to Wednesday showery setup, mainly in East, 1-2cms in Ulster and Leinster, tomorrow more widespread with 1-2cms anywhere most likely in Leinster. Thursday could see significant snowfall and significant accumulations, looking at up to 5cm widely. Milder weather from Friday so snowfall Thursday may not stick around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭newboard

I'm reading mentions of heavy snow on Thursday, but the weather forecasts don't have it written. I have a long drive planned on the east coast Thursday so not sure what to make of it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement