Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Cold Spell - Feb 7th to 13th 2021 - Chat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Snow has arrived in meath, sleet showers on and off all day until now
    can we expect any of that to stick or will this be melted come 2morrow, need snow wanna skip work :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,876 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

The shower train is on for Dublin over the next hour or two. How impactful these will be remains to be seen. They look moderate to heavy in intensity atm and have a longer sea track than previous.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭TTLF
    save the trouble and jazz it up

It was nothing to be honest, it was light and melted on impact, but its turning to snow now

ah that's good, probably because the sunset is in an about 30 minutes. Hoping the shower DONARCH is on about reaches me too, but after dark, so it's proper heavy stuff and sticks... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,333 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I seem to be in that annoying gap running ENE WSW between the shower tracks. Fup.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭TTLF
    save the trouble and jazz it up

Evil Duck/dragon hybrid looking cloud, just look at the glow in it's eyes... :pac::D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 489 ✭✭Mr Bumble

Graupely snizilly snowish shower coming ashore near Greystones. Sticking easily

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

had a light graupel shower here at Dunshaughlin. It tried to give a dusting but it's too patchy and light for that. Hopefully something more beefy and prolonged later tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭United road

The shower train is on for Dublin over the next hour or two. How impactful these will be remains to be seen. They look moderate to heavy in intensity atm and have a longer sea track than previous.

All i can add here
    I am under light precip all day, only once this morning was i directly under the heavier (dark blue, green, yellow shade of precip) for aprox 10 mins, it whitened the place easily, and stayed a good hour on grass, patio.
    Looking at ME radar these showers carry more of those heavier falls (based on colours) plus it is colder now, getting colder and darker.
    If anyone is under them back to back, accumilations are most likely!
    Will keep you posted as im not far off being in direct firing line (Stepaside, South Dublin)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

Mr Bumble wrote: »
    Graupely snizilly snowish shower coming ashore near Greystones. Sticking easily

Don't get too excited, it melts within a minute or two after it stops. 2 minutes of heavy graupel a while ago in Bray but it was gone off the paths within minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 418 ✭✭Blud

TTLF wrote: »
    Evil Duck/dragon hybrid looking cloud, just look at the glow in it's eyes... :pac::D

All duck or no dinner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Bugger all happening down south.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,128 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

If anyone is under them back to back, accumilations are most likely!

It will take a heavy dump to accumulate for long as I think ground temps may still be a bit too high?

We had double digit temps only a few days ago and no air/ground frost since.

Larbre34 wrote: »
    I seem to be in that annoying gap running ENE WSW between the shower tracks. Fup.

I'm in one of those gaps too. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

moderate Graupel in sandymount dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Nice little snow shower in Dublin 6 just now. Quickly metled on roads but rooves and cars are dusted in podwer.

DOCARCH wrote: »
    It will take a heavy dump to accumulate for long as I think ground temps may still be a bit too high?

We had double digit temps only a few days ago and no air/ground frost since.

A good hammering of graupel then snow does the trick.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,128 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

A good hammering of graupel then snow does the trick.

It will, but will need a big dump! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,749 ✭✭✭degsie

This aint no 'beast', that's for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Donegal Ken

Status Yellow - Snow/Ice warning for Dublin, Kildare, Louth, Wicklow, Meath and Monaghan
    Met Éireann Weather Warning

Snow accumulations of 2 to 5 cm in places.

Valid: 18:00 Monday 08/02/2021 to 18:00 Tuesday 09/02/2021

Issued: 16:00 Monday 08/02/2021

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Snap, beat me to it lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭rodge123

Larbre34 wrote: »

Likewise, head is melted looking at it all day egging it on to change!

6kms north of Kilcock.

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭d51984

Gone very very dark here now Dublin 5.

Its a disgrace Joe!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭TonyMaloney

Light snow in Dublin 18

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

I'm in one of those gaps too. :(

Funny - what's moving inland over Dublin now is sliding just to our south (Dublin 9) and what's further out to sea looks at risk of sliding just to our north (if my line is not too badly drawn).

It's honestly hilarious how these things can work out :D

radar.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

First real snow I've seen in D16, light but fluffy and not Graupel or dust this time! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭spoonerhead

Light powder like snow falling and settling on cars and grass in D12, would need it to go on for a while to have any noteworthy accumulations

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

d51984 wrote: »
    Gone very very dark here now Dublin 5.

Sunset in Dublin is in about 10 minutes :)

In contrast, clear skies appearing in Galway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

There were a few light flurries here in Naas earlier, but it didn't stick around for long. Temp 2c

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Proper snow here in D6 now..I'd call it moderate! Nice big flakes, post cardscene :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭sjb25

DOCARCH wrote: »
    It will, but will need a big dump! :pac:

Should help ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement