Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Cold Spell - Feb 7th to 13th 2021 - Chat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

Graupel coverage now in D.24

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

Took the kids out for a ramble,sky looks like it's going to open up here

• Registered Users Posts: 23,876 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Think it has Santry written all over it.

Hope so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Nice looking shower (on radar) moving in just north of Malahide now, has my name on it , it will be a good test to see what they showers are actually delivering. I'd guess moderate graupel and some flakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭esposito

Nice looking shower (on radar) moving in just north of Malahide now, has my name on it , it will be a good test to see what they showers are actually delivering. I'd guess moderate graupel and some flakes.

Yeah it’s all graupel really isn’t it. Hopefully we will see proper snowflakes over the next 48 hours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭BigMoose

ZeroSum76 wrote: »
    Would that be North Wicklow perchance? Hasn't been a whiff in Ashford all day thus far.

You’ve had nothing falling at all? In Rathnew we’ve had a few graupel showers and wisps of dandruff all day, which is more than I thought we’d get this close to the sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Brendan offaly

A cold day in kerry, I shall look on with delight at the lack of white stuff in the Kingdom

The kingdom is beautiful enough without snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭TTLF
    save the trouble and jazz it up

esposito wrote: »
    Yeah it’s all graupel really isn’t it. Hopefully we will see proper snowflakes over the next 48 hours

Turned to proper snow here with the bigger shower over me an hour ago, as long as the precip is heavy, it is all snow. :pac:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,128 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

With shift of wind back to due east, looks like next showers are definitely more NCD bound!

Dry here now in Dublin 16. 1.5c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭esposito

TTLF wrote: »
    Turned to proper snow here with the bigger shower over me an hour ago, as long as the precip is heavy, it is all snow. :pac:

I had to venture into town for work today and it was all graupel. Am hoping better chances of snow where I am in D16.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

anyone here from Dundalk area? Looks like a proper beefy shower about to hit there. Looks capable of dumping at least 1 to 2cm.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Juppie

snowgal wrote: »
    same as Gonzo.. Im near Trim here and we are either under or over the showers, see them all around in the clouds but just not here......

Same! In Trim and currently glued to the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭kerrycork13

I take it that the rest of the country can kiss goodbye to the chance of seeing snow, at least until Wednesday night/Thursday?

Looking at the bbc weather forecast I think parts or Waterford cork and Kerry will be affected by showers also in the coming days. Prob not amounting to much but it will def snow.

Also there are showing that front stalling over Ireland thurs with snow in most areas. The cold winning out by the weekend.

Would be happy enough if this transpired.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭TTLF
    save the trouble and jazz it up

DOCARCH wrote: »
    With shift of wind back to due east, looks like next showers are definitely more NCD bound!

Dry here now in Dublin 16. 1.5c atm.

ah, a shame for us, we might get the tail end of those showers in D16/14 but it's not an amazing angle for us both. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Holy Duck

DOCARCH wrote:

Yep, moderate shower in Rush, graupel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Heavy enough graupel shower, the radar echoes are real!

A cold day in kerry, I shall look on with delight at the lack of white stuff in the Kingdom

Strange avatar for a snow hater.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Ground is white outside with sleet/graupal whatever its called, lol, not snow anyway...yet

Meath

Edit: Snowing lightly now

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭ZeroSum76

BigMoose wrote: »
    You’ve had nothing falling at all? In Rathnew we’ve had a few graupel showers and wisps of dandruff all day, which is more than I thought we’d get this close to the sea.

Pretty much nothing. A few wandering flakes here and there. Like, half a dozen or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭kerrycork13

Strange avatar for a snow hater.

Parts of Kerry will see snow tonight or tom I'd imagine but it may not be enough for accumulations.

I'd be surprised if my area in east Kerry doesn't see as least some snow from the front on thurs. Prob will transition to rain at some point but I live in hope that is powered back south westwards and snows again on its exit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 358 ✭✭YanSno

Moderate Snow Swords Co Dublin

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

just took a look outside, looks and sounds like rain but it's all hail. Hopefully the showers will become more snow rather than hail/graupel.

The shower between here and Donabate/swords appears to be growing in size.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

Something noisy landing now in d16. Can only presume it's not soft fluffy snowflakes. Too dark to see, too cold to go out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Snowing lightly here in Carrick on Shannon 2c buy add thart wind chill and its - 4

Went my whole life without ever hearing the word graupel, only to see it 5 times in a row on the last page of this thread. I'm choosing to believe it means an albino otter.

2 degrees in North Cork and not a puff of wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,876 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Proper snow here now - moderate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Proper snow shower atm starting to settle too.

Temp 1.4C and dropping like a stone
    Dp well below the line

Ive done a video forecast for this evening and tonight and quick glance at the rest of the week here if any of you are interested :)

https://youtu.be/SiuHjk6z-zk

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Brendan offaly

A decent snow shower in tullamore just started.
    Snow train please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭The Oort Cloud

I heard a lot of noise from the birds above swords north county dublin at time 17:40pm and when I went out to have a look, the sky was completely full of them for 5 minutes or a little more, they were heading west, so must be something big coming in the south-east of Dublin as that is where they were flying away from. I never saw so many birds and seagulls in my life.

I managed to get a video of it but the quality on my phone is not the best, but it shows you the amount of them in the sky. Link below...

https://streamable.com/vxn5q5

Individual people have different thoughts and understanding in regard to others opinions, but the problem is this... there are some people out there that will do everything in their power to cut you off when they do not like your opinion even when it is truth.

https://youtu.be/v8EseBe4eIU

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

YanSno wrote: »
    Moderate Snow Swords Co Dublin

Wife said the same she's on her way back from there,said she wanted to stay and watch it :D

So did I want her to stay there :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement