Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Cold Spell - Feb 7th to 13th 2021 - Chat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Ground is white outside with sleet/graupal whatever its called, lol, not snow anyway...yet

Meath

Edit: Snowing lightly now

Proper snow now, nice big flakes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

Snowbie wrote: »
    Proper snow shower atm starting to settle too.

Temp 1.4C and dropping like a stone
    Dp well below the line

Ive done a video forecast for this evening and tonight and quick glance at the rest of the week here if any of you are interested :)

https://youtu.be/SiuHjk6z-zk

Good explanation of the situation, good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭ZeroSum76

Snowbie wrote: »
    Proper snow shower atm starting to settle too.

Temp 1.4C and dropping like a stone
    Dp well below the line

Ive done a video forecast for this evening and tonight and quick glance at the rest of the week here if any of you are interested :)

https://youtu.be/SiuHjk6z-zk

That's brilliant thanks so much for sharing. Great job.

Proper snow now, nice big flakes

What part of Meath roughly are you in RL?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭kerrycork13

Went my whole life without ever hearing the word graupel, only to see it 5 times in a row on the last page of this thread. I'm choosing to believe it means an albino otter.

2 degrees in North Cork and not a puff of wind.

Not a puff of wind inside is it.? There is no possible way its calm.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Nqp15hhu

I have a video too but I am not posting it. We have had graupel intervals all day but not much.

Looking forward to the clearance for a frost.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭bigbudda

Extremely heavy graupel here in d'noggin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭NSAman

Sitting here... remembering being so excited by the arrival of snow when I lived in Ireland.,,,,

Now just fed up of the snow and the cold and wishing there wasn't two foot of snow on the ground and also that it wasn't -18C outside...

Have fun with it ....... hope it dumps a good lot for yee all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Possibly a bit of action bubbling up further south in the Irish sea west of Wales

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Steopo

Cars & bin tops white here in Donabate, not quite snowball territory though !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭kittyn

Nqp15hhu wrote: »
    I have a video too but I am not posting it. We have had graupel intervals all day but not much.

Looking forward to the clearance for a frost.

Why wouldn’t you post your video with your thoughts on how you see this week panning out?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Pseudoname

Finally after a day of graupel a heavy settling snow in Dundalk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Possibly a bit of action bubbling up further south in the Irish sea west of Wales

I had been noticing on the BBC forcasts they showed some cloud building up from tonight until tomorrow afternoon. South East/South Coast could get a dusting too!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Fics

Unfortunately showers seem to be heading north and south of me here in Bettystown but on the road at half four tomorrow which should be interesting. Roll on Thursday, some charts hinting at snow hanging around on the east coast from Thursday night to Saturday morning....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Davaeo09 wrote: »
    I had been noticing on the BBC forcasts they showed some cloud building up from tonight until tomorrow afternoon. South East could get a dusting too!

Be nice to get a dusting tonight, ECM 12z shows streamers over Wexford/Waterford tomorrow morning and Wednesday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 23,876 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

The showers that are principly snow would appear to be from those that have had the longer sea track from Angelsey north

NSAman wrote: »
    Sitting here... remembering being so excited by the arrival of snow when I lived in Ireland.,,,,

Now just fed up of the snow and the cold and wishing there wasn't two foot of snow on the ground and also that it wasn't -18C outside...

Yes, it is so rare here is why people get excited. We have potential to have severe snow events but they rarely come off which creates the fun of the rollercoaster ride.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭mcburns07

NSAman wrote: »

Where you based? Family in Edmonton, Canada currently housebound, -26c high today (-36c with windchill) and -30s forecast tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

That wind adjustment came at a terrible time for my back yard in D9. Just as echoes were getting better and heading into darkness bam, streamers adjust and are skirting me to the north. Might catch a few glancing blows from some of the bulkier parts of the precip. For accumulating snow it looks like you will need to get under a streamer and stay there. Ground is just wet here now after some more moderate graupel/flakes of no longer than 5-10 minutes. Watching for developments just off the north coast of Anglesey, that should head towards the M50 enclosed part of Dublin which contains myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Trying harder in waterford now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Technophobe

Impressive stuff now in South Meath :pac:

car windows and roofs white :)

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

spookwoman wrote: »
    Trying harder in waterford now.
    Runs to window ðŸ˜

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

here in Dunshaughlin it's all graupel/hail tho. No real flakes yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Mimon wrote: »
    Yes, it is so rare here is why people get excited. We have potential to have severe snow events but they rarely come off which creates the fun of the rollercoaster ride.

It is not rare.... Far from it in some places.... It is just not common... We are not Portugal the South of Spain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Technophobe

Gonzo wrote: »

all flakes here so hopefully on way to you...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Bucketing down here right now. Icy cold but only light breeze

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Chalkitdown147

Gonzo wrote: »

Same down the road, Clonee. Looking at the radar it looks like some showers will just go north of us

Tempted to open the curtains and do some lamp post watching. Looks like it is almost here on the Meath/Westmeath border.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

Nothing happing here in D15

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Moderate snow and settling well too.

Temp still falling 0.9C
    Dp -1.1C

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement