Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Cold Spell - Feb 7th to 13th 2021 - Chat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Dazler97 wrote: »
    Feck off if only

I've never seen Palace Fields looking as good as it did today, breathtaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭murfo

Looks like incoming for north Dublin soon - more so up toward Portmarnock, Swords, Malahide

Wish I'd read that before deciding to go out for a cycle, had a mini-blizzard and couldn't see the road for a few seconds at it's heaviest (kettles lane).

It was easing off a little by the time I reached the bridge at M1 Swords/Holywell (pic a bit blurry as it struggled to focus with amount of flakes in front of the lens, small but a lot of them)

Fairly wet stuff, jacket was white when i got home but it had melted by the time I put the bike away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

Does anyone else agree that this is probably the biggest let down weather wise in years?

Frankly I think this is the worst thing to happen to this country since the famine.

Actually maybe even including the famine. I don’t want to overstate it, but whatever you are talking about is actually horrific.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Biggest let down
    fall on your sword
    *crying*
    *moaning*

It's weather. I'd say some of ye in here fall on your knees when you don't win the lotto.
    Try and enjoy it and pick up some knew knowledge on weather forecasts and weather events.
    This is Ireland, snow is not easy to come by in these parts.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Mod Note: Do not feed trolls!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

Rodin wrote: »
    Only if you believed the hype.
    Im surprised there's anything.
    The big snow will be Thursday.

Even that might not live up to the hype now according to the latest models like the ECM and ICON. Moderate to light snow on Thursday with the rain arriving friday morning....even to the East. ...though the GFS on the otherhand says snowmageddon, no thaw and more Frontal Snow on Saturday/Sunday. Dont think the GFS has gotten much right so far though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,876 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

If some actually read posts and OPs the situation would be a lot clearer for them in my considered opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

Only snowed in Kinnegad for 5 minutes or so. Nice big flakes. Was enough to make a snowball off the windowsill and get the son who is glued to his Playstation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Humberto Salazar

A few flakes or grains of graupel north Offaly. Settling in the corners and crannies quite easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Zogabomb

Calibos wrote: »
    Even that might not live up to the hype now according to the latest models like the ECM and ICON. Moderate to light snow on Thursday with the rain arriving friday morning....even to the East. ...though the GFS on the otherhand says snowmageddon, no thaw and more Frontal Snow on Saturday/Sunday. Dont think the GFS has gotten much right so far though.

These situations have a habit of being a halfway house when 2 of the big models differ, that isn't a bad place to be!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

Calibos wrote: »

Im in the west. Think we'll get a bit.
    Any links to those modela so I can look?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭The Master.

are posts being deleted on this thread or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Showers are sadly failing to get to me, now I've had 2 flurries and I'm so happy haha, I think cavan should have been added into that warning as well

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

are posts being deleted on this thread or what?

Yes...stupid/silly ones!

Rodin wrote: »
    Only if you believed the hype.
    Im surprised there's anything.
    The big snow will be Thursday.

Met Eireann breaking the news gently:
    "... ahem, well, about that snow on Thursday.... "

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Artane2002

moderate/heavy graupel shower with some graupel accumulations in Dublin 5 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

Dazler97 wrote: »
    Showers are sadly failing to get to me, now I've had 2 flurries and I'm so happy haha, I think cavan should have been added into that warning as well

Was just having the same thoughts when looking at the warning there. County warning is a blunt instrument.

East Cavan sticks out like a sore thumb when you look at Monaghan and Meath included. Should maybe split counties into 2/4 districts depending on size and geographical spread.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,876 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

It's not only Thursday and Friday - there is snow potential right through until Monday with various frontal zones coming up against this cold air at different times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭Scobius90

Artane2002 wrote: »
    moderate/heavy graupel shower with some graupel accumulations in Dublin 5 :P

Must be fairly localised? Just off roundabout and only a smidgeon here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 230 ✭✭kegg

The tiniest of flakes falling in foxford mayo. Can only see them under the back door light.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Scobius90 wrote: »
    Must be fairly localised? Just off roundabout and only a smidgeon here.

it was only a brief burst but enough to make roofs go white, a bit of a dusting on the footpaths too.

edit: it turned to light snow now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Moderate snow showers in D5 :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Trebor176

There is a covering on the cars here (Clondalkin). Nothing is sticking on the ground (yet).

It's not only Thursday and Friday - there is snow potential right through until Monday with various frontal zones coming up against this cold air at different times.

Absolutely no reason why we can't drag this potential snow thread all the way to April.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Holy Duck

Moderate snow, Rush, flakes getting bigger

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Will the Southern counties get any snow

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭TTLF
    save the trouble and jazz it up

is South Dublin under a shadow now? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Sawduck wrote: »
    Will the Southern counties get any snow

No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Absolutely no reason why we can't drag this potential snow thread all the way to April.

Oh yes please, if only 1947 happened

• Advertisement

TTLF wrote: »
    is South Dublin under a shadow now? :confused:

Pretty much. Anglesey. Really need ENE (or NNE) wind for decent showers off Irish Sea for south Dublin.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement