Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PYE Radio

• 01-02-2021 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

Hi Guys

Have a Pye radio I got from an attic. It must be up there 40 years or more. I'm told it was in working order when it went up there.

could anyone guide me to where I might get it fixed up? I've searched the forum for Pye and the old links to vintage groups don't work anymore.

Thanks

Frogeye.

Comments

Any chance you got this radio working ?

Sorry but only seeing this post now for some reason.

Usually, you would never plug in an old radio without first getting it looked at by someone who knows what they are doing because you can cause expensive damage if the components inside are not working any more such as old capacitors, they can be leaky or acting like resistors instead of capacitors so normally voltage is applied gradually and increased as it's monitored especially if it's older again and got valves and these work at lethal voltages too.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Frogeye

Hi

Im just seeing your reply now! I havent found anyone to fix it. Didnt plug it in.

Any ideas on someone to look at it?

Frogeye

PM on the way.

Advertisement