Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eir FTTH with Netgear R7000 problems

• 01-02-2021 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭

Hi folks.

I have the Eir FTTH product and have replaced the F2000 model with a Netgear R7000 router, which works (almost) perfectly and outperforms the F2000 in every respect.

However, I have one very weird issue. When running the native Zoom application on my work Macbook Pro, other people can't hear me although I can hear and see them. When I put the F2000 back, everything works as expected. Teams audio works fine on the same machine, and all audio and video tests from the app also check out.

My wife can take Zoom calls on her Windows 10 machine with the R7000 no problem.

I have the QoS feature turned off, which hasn't resolved the issue.

It's a really unusual problem, and I'm completely stumped as to how to proceed.

In lieu of a solution, I'd accept recommendations for a mid-to high end router that will work in my FTTH setting, and that someone can verify that Zoom works on a Mac in such a setup :D

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement