Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disney Plus Family before price increase (New Subscribers)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Got it at the discount price last year and was debating whether to get it this year.
    The price increase has decided it for me.
    Very underwhelmed with their offering.
    The addition of Star won't improve that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Is there anyway of vpning a different region price on these? The last time I checked it seemed to be impossible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭db

Got it at the discount price last year and was debating whether to get it this year.
    The addition of Star won't prove that.

Same here. I just checked and my renewal date is 21/3 so I will be hit by the price increase. No way am I renewing at that price. Can I renew before the price increase and have it ready to start on 21/3 or would I lose a month?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Is there anyway of vpning a different region price on these? The last time I checked it seemed to be impossible

Its not available in any of the cheaper countries yet, anytime I tried to access signup page via VPN's it only ever showed prices in Euro, Dollars and Aus Dollars.

I get where you are coming from, I subscribed for a month last year and didn't think much of it, however I just set up a family yesterday and split it with my brother so €35 for the year isn't to bad and will have 2 screens here which will surely keep my 11 year old daughter happy anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Yep, it's ****e

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Sup08

If you have a sub it won't increase until August. So if you signed for a year plan and it renews before August, it won't increase this year.
    From the site
    With the addition of Star, Disney+ adds a broader array of general entertainment films and series to its catalog. When Star content becomes available on 23 February, 2021, the price of the monthly subscription will increase to €8.99 and the price of the annual subscription will increase to €89.90, for new subscribers. For existing monthly and annual subscribers, the price will not increase until the subscriber’s first bill date after 22 August, 2021. Pricing and currencies may vary across platforms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Tazium

On the home page:

Price for existing subscribers will not increase until first bill after 22/08/21

Edit! Beaten to it by Sup08

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,528 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I too am underwhelmed. Feel it's rarely watched now. And Star content isn't exciting. I doubt I'd bother renewing or even going to the trouble to shared ownership.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,260 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Just to note that the lower price remains valid for existing customers until August:

Will existing subscribers keep the same price?
    • In Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and Canada, current prices for existing subscribers will be honoured for 6 months, with the price change taking effect on 23 August 2021.
    • Existing monthly customers will continue to be charged the current lower price for all monthly recurring payments that occur before 23 August. All subsequent recurring payments ON OR AFTER 23 August will be at the new higher price.
    • Existing annual customers who are due to renew for another year BEFORE 23 August will be charged the current lower price. Existing annual customers who are due to renew for another year ON OR AFTER 23 August will be charged the new higher price.

This is from their FAQs: https://help.disneyplus.com/csp?id=csp_article_content&sys_kb_id=936f7b091b8de8187c1f5246624bcbde

I do have it split 3 ways with family already, so €30 a year ain't that bad when it does go up. Never have an issue with screens been available and with 3 kids that love Disney movies/Shows and Marvel, worth it for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I saw an ad the other day that they're adding so kinda of regular TV channel bit to it (quick google, it's called Star) which I suppose has to be paid for. Apart from the kids re-watching movies ad nauseam there really isn't much on there - Mando can't carry it on his own

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Zaney

I agree the content is limited, especially for adults. But we’ve definitely got value out of it this year - three young kids, so a compatible demographic. I do like the national geographic content as well as the usual stuff.
    We’re watching a lot more stuff because of lockdowns- I’d say they’ll get another year out of us and then we’ll quit unless content changes.

There are mote shows, spin offs, from Mando confirmed this year.

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/star-wars-mandalorian-spin-offs-confirmed/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,260 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Does anyone know if you can switch from the monthly to annual subscription without paying higher cost? I spoke with someone via live chat who didn't know for sure. My monthly sub ends on 28th Feb...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭Sappy404

dulpit wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can switch from the monthly to annual subscription without paying higher cost? I spoke with someone via live chat who didn't know for sure. My monthly sub ends on 28th Feb...

We're monthly ATM and I was considering this. I assumed we could just buy an annual sub this month before the February charge went through.

dulpit wrote: »

Just close current account and start new one with new email address.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Shlippery

I'm seeing last Payment 23 March 2020 - €59.99
    Next Payment date: 24 March 2021 & €69.99/year up top.

Not overly clear whether it'll renew at €59.99 or €69.99 or the 'newer' increased price?

https://help.disneyplus.com/csp?id=csp_article_content&sys_kb_id=936f7b091b8de8187c1f5246624bcbde

If it's existing, that would be the €59.99 again right?

Shlippery wrote: »
    I'm seeing last Payment 23 March 2020 - €59.99
    Next Payment date: 24 March 2021 & €69.99/year up top.

Not overly clear whether it'll renew at €59.99 or €69.99 or the 'newer' increased price?

https://help.disneyplus.com/csp?id=csp_article_content&sys_kb_id=936f7b091b8de8187c1f5246624bcbde

If it's existing, that would be the €59.99 again right?

There was €10 off if you pre-ordered last year before launch date. Therefore your sub is actually €69.99 and should renew for this amount and not the new higher amount of €89.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭poitinstill

thinking of getting it 3 kids who would like nat geo stuff.. have netflix and it doesnt get looked at that much either.. is amazon prime any better ?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

thinking of getting it 3 kids who would like nat geo stuff.. have netflix and it doesnt get looked at that much either.. is amazon prime any better ?

I now have all three, Netflix gets used the most, but at a €5 a month that’s a no brainer to keep. Disney+ for €35 a year works out cheap when a yearly sub is split. I paid for prime as I use Amazon quite a bit and only time I watch Prime Video is for the Premier league (which now requires a dns service to continue viewing) and the odd documentary which they make. My yearly sub to prime is up at end of Feb and I’m thinking of cancelling now as Brexit has caused major issues with deliveries of late.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

They are all pretty much the same - content limited and changes every now and again, we have both Disney and Netflix ...kids are 4.5 (twins) so a lot of the Disney stuff and Netflix stuff can get watched, when we allow them TV time. (Pretty much every evening from 3/4ish till 5.30/6 while we tidy up and make dinner)

If yours will watch National Geographic then try a months subscription and you could always upgrade to annual if you feel it’s worth it after a week or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I signed up when it launched and in total I've watched about 10 minutes of the first episode of the Mandalorian.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I signed up when it launched here and found it underwhelming tbh.

Will see how this star thing is but I'd probably be cancelling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I think it's clear that Disney+ depends on your family. I have three kids, 12, 2, and 1, and Disney+ is essential.

Personally, I get a good bit out of it too - Star Wars, Marvel, plus the amazing new series like The Mandalorian, and WandaVision, make it more than worth the price. Star looks fine, and it may be used, but considering I got the year sub, I will get it again for 69.99 this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭baldbear

Sup08 wrote: »
    There was €10 off if you pre-ordered last year before launch date. Therefore your sub is actually €69.99 and should renew for this amount and not the new higher amount of €89.99

That's my account information too. I'll keep it anyway at that price. Its another option to keep the kids happy. It's been a long year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Looking to join a family sub if anyone has a spot available?

I can send a payment using PayPal or revolut. Let me know

Thanks,
    BobbyT28

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,623 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Sup08 wrote: »

We get great value out if it. Will renew

Netflix just sent a mail about price updates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

ted1 wrote: »
    We get great value out if it. Will renew

Netflix just sent a mail about price updates.

Need a son to join the family? :pac::D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭gussieg

myself and neighbours and family member have enjoyed it so far but couldnt work out how to change over to yearly as currently on monthly sub. even found there is a youtube video explainin how to but didnt work for me so i guess id have to cancel to resubscribe, bit of a pain.
    netflix and prime used quite a bit early lockdown last year, currently mostly watching peacock via vpn, with ads, so just cost of internet and vpn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,556 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

So if you're currently on monthly, you can only resubscribe on monthly.

Created a new account and subscribed annually just there (my monthly actually expires tomorrow). Took less than 5 minutes

Advertisement