Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disney Plus Family before price increase (New Subscribers)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭gussieg

yep, managed to sort this out by resubscribing.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭qaz123

BobbyT28 wrote: »
    Looking to join a family sub if anyone has a spot available?

I can send a payment using PayPal or revolut. Let me know

Thanks,
    BobbyT28

Have you got sorted yet Bobby?
    Interested in setting up a family subscription as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭vickers209

Have a yearly subscription to this but dont think i will renew as wasn't really used much,

Sky are offering 12 months free subscription to discovery plus new service through there sky vip,

Ive found it quite good but might be only because its new

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

qaz123 wrote: »

Hi, no nothing, put me on your list for the family sub. I can pay PayPal or Revolut whatever suits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

vickers209 wrote: »
    Have a yearly subscription to this but dont think i will renew as wasn't really used much,

Sky are offering 12 months free subscription to discovery plus new service through there sky vip,

Ive found it quite good but might be only because its new

Where did you see that? Nothing in my sky VIP app

Found it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭cpb

I would be interested as well in joining

• Registered Users Posts: 8 moralcourage

Would also be interested in joining in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Would also be interested in joining in.

qaz123 be great if you could get this setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

How much is 1 screen in the family sub?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Its not available in any of the cheaper countries yet, anytime I tried to access signup page via VPN's it only ever showed prices in Euro, Dollars and Aus Dollars.

I get where you are coming from, I subscribed for a month last year and didn't think much of it, however I just set up a family yesterday and split it with my brother so €35 for the year isn't to bad and will have 2 screens here which will surely keep my 11 year old daughter happy anyway.

im thinking of setting up a family but whats to stop the other person watching on 3 screens then i only get one?
    and if you wouldnt mind how do you actually set up a family?
    i have a spotify family setup so im not completely clueless :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,623 ✭✭✭✭ted1

im thinking of setting up a family but whats to stop the other person watching on 3 screens then i only get one?
    and if you wouldnt mind how do you actually set up a family?
    i have a spotify family setup so im not completely clueless :D

Disney don’t have family accounts like Spotify. It’s just like Netflix where you select a profile when you open it

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭CorkBoyInDub

Yeah, Disney don't have a family account, but they do allow 4 devices to be watching on the account at once

https://seawallalife.com/disney-plus-device-people-limit/#:~:text=Consumers%20can%20watch%20Disney%20Plus,of%20streams%20at%20a%20time.

If someone is interested in setting one up, I'm more than happy to pay 1/4 of the costs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭ALS

I subscribed last year at the discounted price of €59.99 and was just onto live chat @Disney plus and asked about renewing at €69, this was the response...

A
    I have confirmed that the new pricing applies only to new customers and for returning lapsed customers. If a customer lapses between 23 February and 23 August 2021 (no longer has an active subscription) and then wants to purchase a new subscription, they will be charged the new higher price. In your case, it will auto renew on the 24th of March which means you will still have the old pricing.
    A
    Auto renewal mean it will just keep paying each year from the card until cancelled.
    A
    It will still be €59.99 because of the €10 discount

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Not going to renew it anyways ! Costly compared to my Turkish netflix !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,917 ✭✭✭Soarer

ALS wrote: »
    I subscribed last year at the discounted price of €59.99 and was just onto live chat @Disney plus and asked about renewing at €69, this was the response...

A
    I have confirmed that the new pricing applies only to new customers and for returning lapsed customers. If a customer lapses between 23 February and 23 August 2021 (no longer has an active subscription) and then wants to purchase a new subscription, they will be charged the new higher price. In your case, it will auto renew on the 24th of March which means you will still have the old pricing.
    A
    Auto renewal mean it will just keep paying each year from the card until cancelled.
    A

So we keep our €60 per year subscription until we cancel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭bromley52

Soarer wrote: »
    So we keep our €60 per year subscription until we cancel?

I think it is that anyone who is currently subscribed will renew this year at the current price (excluding once off discount from last year). The renewal after that will be the the new price for all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭ALS

bromley52 wrote: »
    I think it is that anyone who is currently subscribed will renew this year at the current price (excluding once off discount from last year). The renewal after that will be the the new price for all.

I asked the agent how much will I be billed and she was certain it would be €59.99
    Remains to be seen on March 24th ( my renewal date)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Is there anyway of vpning a different region price on these? The last time I checked it seemed to be impossible

Any one try this at all?

I see it is available in Argentina for ARS3850 p/a which is about €36.

Kjy2TxK.png

Was unsure about hitting complete over content and the following comment. Not sure if it is like Netflix and content is based on location.

PnU11Wg.png

Any Argentinian people on boards? :)

When I did Netflix I used hola. Once off but like you say if the content is different.but how different can it be it's Disney and surely the language is changeable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

has anyone tried India as a country there is a service called Disney+ Hotstar that works out at 1499 rupee a year or approx €17.15, cant take credit for this followed the guide at Linky but havent signed up yet, want to know if it will work with existing app on firestick etc. No use if the kids cant use it themselves, my D+ sub doesnt expire until March so dont need it just yet, Argentina may also be an option at about €35, have we a guinea pig?

• Advertisement

has anyone tried India as a country there is a service called Disney+ Hotstar that works out at 1499 rupee a year or approx €17.15, cant take credit for this followed the guide at Linky but havent signed up yet, want to know if it will work with existing app on firestick etc. No use if the kids cant use it themselves, my D+ sub doesnt expire until March so dont need it just yet, Argentina may also be an option at about €35, have we a guinea pig?

I tried it but it asked for a phone number I forgot about that. I didn't know any Indian numbers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

I tried it but it asked for a phone number I forgot about that. I didn't know any Indian numbers.

ive just tried it, used a virtual sms verification site, seems to have been used by 100s of people trying to do this, it links the account to the mobile number, complete ball ache maybe Argentina is an option once expired, would be nice to know if it works ala netflix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,528 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

ive just tried it, used a virtual sms verification site, seems to have been used by 100s of people trying to do this, it links the account to the mobile number, complete ball ache maybe Argentina is an option once expired, would be nice to know if it works ala netflix

Isn't the issue that it requires the same SMS issue every time you login rather than a once off? Those SMS services are grand if its a sign up only.
    Argentina, issue is the digital tax I think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Seems like Argentina way wont accept card. Saying here to wait for Eastern Europe

https://www.reddit.com/r/DisneyPlusVPN/comments/lah5mc/cheaper_disneyplus_by_registering_in_argentinia/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭keavebm

Try Ali Express I'm paying for netflix through it 18 dollars for the year for 1 screen. I seen disney plus on it for similar money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,528 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

keavebm wrote: »
    Try Ali Express I'm paying for netflix through it 18 dollars for the year for 1 screen. I seen disney plus on it for similar money

That sounds like they're selling slots in a family. Similar to what goes on here except the account holder is making a few Bob. See they do same for Hulu, hbo, stars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

ALS wrote: »

A
    A
    A

Thanks for sharing I got it for that price too last year €59.99
    After the initial wow the novelty has worn off - only so much Avengers and Mando. Not likely to renew.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭andy.dunleavy

Will existing subscribers keep the same price?

In Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and Canada, current prices for existing subscribers will be honoured for 6 months, with the price change taking effect on 23 August 2021.

Existing monthly customers will continue to be charged the current lower price for all monthly recurring payments that occur before 23 August. All subsequent recurring payments ON OR AFTER 23 August will be at the new higher price.

Existing annual customers who are due to renew for another year BEFORE 23 August will be charged the current lower price. Existing annual customers who are due to renew for another year ON OR AFTER 23 August will be charged the new higher price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 439 ✭✭chonix

Will existing subscribers keep the same price?

In Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and Canada, current prices for existing subscribers will be honoured for 6 months, with the price change taking effect on 23 August 2021.

Existing monthly customers will continue to be charged the current lower price for all monthly recurring payments that occur before 23 August. All subsequent recurring payments ON OR AFTER 23 August will be at the new higher price.

Existing annual customers who are due to renew for another year BEFORE 23 August will be charged the current lower price. Existing annual customers who are due to renew for another year ON OR AFTER 23 August will be charged the new higher price.
    https://help.disneyplus.com/csp?id=csp_article_content&sys_kb_id=936f7b091b8de8187c1f5246624bcbde

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,931 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

TheDriver wrote: »
    That sounds like they're selling slots in a family. Similar to what goes on here except the account holder is making a few Bob. See they do same for Hulu, hbo, stars.

Yeah they never last I took an amazon prime for a year it lasted a couple of months and then just stopped working and the shop disappeared, I was investigating hbo max but all the sellers seem to be set up very recently and will probably disappear after a month or two. I suppose the low price is worth the risk but don't be surprised if it stops working.
    With regards disney it will be interesting if they will honor the 59.99 a lot of us took as when I look at my account it says disney plus 69.99 but if I look at last year's billing it says 59.99,

Advertisement