Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disney Plus Family before price increase (New Subscribers)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭lau1247

With regards disney it will be interesting if they will honor the 59.99 a lot of us took as when I look at my account it says disney plus 69.99 but if I look at last year's billing it says 59.99,

The first email I got after subscribing last year said 59.99 first year and 69.99 thereafter. Most likely it will be 69.99.

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭portcrap

Interested to join a family for Disney + if there’s any slots available? Thanks

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Have one space on a family coming available for a year if anyone wants to come in with 3 others?

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭cpb

eeloe wrote: »
    Have one space on a family coming available for a year if anyone wants to come in with 3 others?

I will take that place if still available thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

portcrap wrote: »
    Interested to join a family for Disney + if there’s any slots available? Thanks

Did you find a family? I'm looking to sign up for a year as well and can go with anywhere from 1-3 others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

keavebm wrote: »
    Try Ali Express I'm paying for netflix through it 18 dollars for the year for 1 screen. I seen disney plus on it for similar money

I did this for a fiver.it says for a year but that's not going to happen :) ill be happy to get 3 months out of it.
    You just change the language on the menu and the audio in what your watching once and its fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭keavebm

I did this for a fiver.it says for a year but that's not going to happen ill be happy to get 3 months out of it. You just change the language on the menu and the audio in what your watching once and its fine.

I'm 3 months in and no complaint yet.

I am setting up family account for a year and have two more slots if anyone is interested. I'll want to be signing up tomorrow or Monday at the latest to beat the price increase. PM me or post here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,253 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Anyone what the deal is if you pay by phone credit?
    I am guessing they will just take the higher amount?

Apologies if already answered

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭cylor

garo wrote: »
    I am setting up family account for a year and have two more slots if anyone is interested. I'll want to be signing up tomorrow or Monday at the latest to beat the price increase. PM me or post here.

I'm interested in one of the slots, just PM'ed you there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭FluffPiece

I'm interested if there's a slot available.

Slots are gone. Apologies Fluffpiece but I received 2 PMs before your post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭bromley52

The selection of movies/TV in the new Star section is very poor. No Deadpool, Logan, 24 etc.

Edit. My mistake. The content rating needed to be changed to 18+. It seems to default to a lower rating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

bromley52 wrote: »
    The selection of movies/TV in the new Star section is very poor. No Deadpool, Logan, 24 etc.

Edit. My mistake. The content rating needed to be changed to 18+. It seems to default to a lower rating.

The selection is poor regardless.
    Thought they'd go big for the launch.
    I'll be cancelling at the end of my subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭deco72

After missing the deadline day for the cheaper rate but wondering if anyone still interested I will set one up and we can split the cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭CorkBoyInDub

deco72 wrote: »
    After missing the deadline day for the cheaper rate but wondering if anyone still interested I will set one up and we can split the cost?

I'm in if you can get a few more :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭junglecliff

Count me in to

I'm in if you can get a few more :D
    Count me in to

Cool will look to do this later today. Will send you PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Roxirose

deco72 wrote: »
    Cool will look to do this later today. Will send you PM.
    I'm interested also if there is space, thanks

Roxirose wrote: »
    I'm interested also if there is space, thanks

If others drop out will let you know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭jayneemac

next in line if a place pops up, thank you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Folks how do i restart sub ? I had cancelled and Mine is expiring april and want to continue with old price..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,528 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Folks how do i restart sub ? I had cancelled and Mine is expiring april and want to continue with old price..
    I think you have to wait until it expires

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭curranbaz

My subscription expired yesterday, when I go to renew it's charging me the higher price! I got no notification that it was expiring & needed 2 renew b4 it expired 2 avail of the lower yearly price! At over 30% price increase I can't justify it! Really sneaky stuff from Disney!

curranbaz wrote: »
    My subscription expired yesterday, when I go to renew it's charging me the higher price! I got no notification that it was expiring & needed 2 renew b4 it expired 2 avail of the lower yearly price! At over 30% price increase I can't justify it! Really sneaky stuff from Disney!

U cant renew before expiry anyways ! Mine is cancelled and finishing on 6th and i cannot renew

TheDriver wrote: »
    I think you have to wait until it expires

I think i will be charged higher peice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Mine renewed automatically yesterday also but at the price of €69.99. There wasn't any box ticking exercise to complete apart from unfreezing the Revolut card. I received an email from them about 3 weeks.back informing of the change.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭andy.dunleavy

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Mine renewed automatically yesterday also but at the price of €69.99. There wasn't any box ticking exercise to complete apart from unfreezing the Revolut card. I received an email from them about 3 weeks.back informing of the change.

As long as your subscription renews before August 23rd 2021 you'll pay €69.99 afterwards or new sub will be €89.99

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Newport81

Looking to join a family if anyone has a spot?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭OU812

How is it sneaky of them?

You obviously unticked auto renewal or cancelled auto renewing at some point and then had second thoughts when it was too late.

Mine just renewed. I got a mail from PayPal about an upcoming subscription renewal a week ago, then go another when it rolled over. No disruption in service, no increase in price.

Advertisement