Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Dance Video *Mod Warning in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

It would be better if the song wasn’t so dirt.
    The song is the same one used in similar videos worldwide. Check YT.

You’ve guessed that there was no money used.
    And you've guessed that there was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Just watched the Garda video on Virgin Media news. Thought it was brilliant.
    It brought a smile to my face, and I'm sure it brought a collective smile to many people who sorely need it around this time.
    Fair play to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,324 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Some great other examples of this challenge on you tube this the best :)

https://youtu.be/TH4V-yHbJXk
    Ah lads!!! <3<3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,907 ✭✭✭appledrop

It brilliant, a bit of craic to cheer people up!

They were challenged by Swiss police.

Jerusalema dance is very popular all over world and great to see.

A number of schools in Ireland have taken on challenge aswell which is great to see!

I think we forget sometimes how beautiful Ireland is, scenery is amazing in video.

My favourite part was horses + amazing scenery at edge of coast beside statue.

Anyone know where that is?

• Advertisement

The Gardai shoot very few people, and only when there is a threat to life. Your agenda is transparent.

Yours most definitely is!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,324 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

appledrop wrote: »
    It brilliant, a bit of craic to cheer people up!

They were challenged by Swiss police.

Jerusalema dance is very popular all over world and great to see.

A number of schools in Ireland have taken on challenge aswell which is great to see!

I think we forget sometimes how beautiful Ireland is, scenery is amazing in video.

My favourite part was horses + amazing scenery at edge of coast beside statue.

Anyone know where that is?
    I think the statue is in Fenit - St. Brendan the Navigator

Where else would you get police horses dancing outside the front door of the President's residence :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Loved it, loved it, loved it.

Real lift on a day like today.

A reminder that while we may be down, we are not out

bubblypop wrote: »
    Yours most definitely is!
    Clearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,907 ✭✭✭appledrop

My favourite bit from this video was the car at the start with the Swiss reg. Subtle. :)

But what was the deal with the music? Everybody saying how great the video is for promoting Irish landscapes/scenery, yet they can't get anything Irish on it as background music? I'm not even saying it had to be diddly-eye trad music, but it could have been by an Irish artist. (Maybe they're all too busy these days...) :rolleyes:

You obviously aren't aware of the Jesersulma dance. The whole point is that everyone no matter where they are from in world dance to same music and follow the same basic steps.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Really underscores the total lack of diversity within the ranks of AGS. Didn't see one POC in the entire video. Not surprising.

Mod:

Quit the trolling or don't post in this thread

appledrop wrote: »
    You obviously aren't aware of the Jesersulma dance. The whole point is that everyone no matter where they are from in world dance to same music and follow the same basic steps.
    Already pointed that out to him earlier in the thread. No reply, as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

People saying that they have no problem as long as it was done out of work hours are completely wrong in my opinion.

This is the equivalent of corporate social responsibility in the public sector and if it endears them to even a few people it is worth it. It's an important part of policing in my opinion, similar to when Gardai visit schools, have coffee mornings etc.

This. Posting it on social media will also have the desired effect of more people following their channels, and increasing their reach when they need to get a message out.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Really underscores the total lack of diversity within the ranks of AGS. Didn't see one POC in the entire video. Not surprising.

Peter O Carroll is in the very first shot of the whole thing actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Who decides who the winner is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Cerveza

They are dancing at home also with their faux sick claims from working outside the petals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Demolition victory to the Swiss.
    Jaysus, not a whiff of anything remotely rhythmic from the Irish there!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Cerveza wrote: »
    They are dancing at home also with their faux sick claims from working outside the petals.

and id say they are all out there laughing at you over the internet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Was the car "off duty"?? Why are Gardai using a police vehicle in their spare time? Is that legal?

I'm more concerned about the blennerville piece. That's private property. Had they permission to go in there? Were they trespassing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Cerveza

mynamejeff wrote: »
    and id say they are all out there laughing at you over the internet

In stitches they are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭timeToLive

the guards should be working or at home. otherwise it's a breach of the current rules?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,473 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

So to confirm then, under level 5 restrictions I can go with 5 of my friends to a beach or popular landmark and record dance videos.

Good to know.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Cerveza wrote: »
    In stitches they are.

and they ll likely claim for them too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Samsgirl wrote: »
    They aren't family.
    I have asked how they have broken the travel limit?
    Not an event
    Not a dance class
    No children

It’s a social gathering. The 5k limit applies to exercising, they not exercising.

Was the stupid dance work, education or essential? If none of the above, it’s against restrictions.

An event is an organised gathering, do you think they all just arrive there by coincidence?

I never said there were children :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

timeToLive wrote: »
    the guards should be working or at home. otherwise it's a breach of the current rules?

They'd be better off for all the good they are doing at the moment anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

This thread descending into farce.

A genuine effort to bring a little cheer into what has not been a very cheerful few month's. Just sad to see such negativity.

I'll admit I hadn't much interest at the start, but on reflection and indeed searching this quite extraordinary phenomenon on you tube, it's clear this challenge and many more before has actually brought a little joy in millions of peoples lives around the world, and to think it all started in Africa, it's quite simply wonderful :)

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

The state of them. Police academy mixed with band camp.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

It’s a social gathering. The 5k limit applies to exercising, they not exercising.

Was the stupid dance work, education or essential? If none of the above, it’s against restrictions.

An event is an organised gathering, do you think they all just arrive there by coincidence?

I never said there were children :confused:

The 5k limit is not exclusively for exercise.

Sure it was a dare, that makes it essential!

Good to see all the time spent in Copper Face Jack's didn't go to waste. Excellent moves from them.

Can't get over the all the moaning and utter begrudging from some people.

Anyhow, I'm done here. Enjoy being miserable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

Fair play to the guards. It wouldn't be my thing but no harm and if people get a smile and the guards themselves enjoy the experience then all good as far as I'm concerned.

There really are some negative people out there, thankfully they're the minority.

Advertisement