Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Dance Video *Mod Warning in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,775 ✭✭✭buried

It's not that difficult to understand really. If you have a hole in your roof do you continue to clean up the water that comes in or do you eventually get around to sorting out the hole.

I start dancing

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

jackboy wrote: »
    Dreadful dancing is going to stop the youth turning to a life of crime.

Worth a try I suppose.

It worked for Bill & Ted dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Garda Band bullin I'd say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Breaking the very covid restrictions they are tasked with to enforce

Wasting of public funds through wages possibly even claiming overtime

Wasting fuel.

Not available to react to crimes.

Embarrassing moves

Uniform is horrendous.

2/10

I just don't get it. A bit of fun? What's the gain out of it? If it was some charity raising gimmick I could get on board with it. Maybe I'm the wrong generation. I do find it slightly annoying that we never see a Garda car patrolling where we live, despite burglaries, but yet they have time to construct this video??

Did you see any Gardai dancing where you live?

This video and it amazes me this needs saying, was done in their own free time except for possible the horses. It was not done when Gardai were working.

What you do or don't see has no correlation with what a Garda in another county does or doesn't do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

What about the homeless?

Who’s gonna take their tents now?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

It is entirely relevant that the people tasked with enforcing the national restrictions have released a video that shows them breaking those same restrictions.

It is directly relevant to the thread and to that video, no different than it would be to any video that shows the restrictions being broken during a time when we are so heavily restricted in our movements.
    If they are breaking regulations like you say, that’s some scandal in the making.
    This sums it up. Sheer hypocrisy.
    Breaking the very covid restrictions they are tasked with to enforce

Wasting of public funds through wages possibly even claiming overtime

Wasting fuel.

Not available to react to crimes.

Embarrassing moves

Uniform is horrendous.

2/10

Mod:

Final warning or I'll threadban every single one of you - take it to the appropriate thread, I'll even give you all a link

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058066787

OP is updated with mod warning. This constant whinging about breaching restrictions is derailing the thread now. You can discuss the merits of the video absolutely and whether you like or dislike it but leave the discussion on restriction breaches out of it - especially when there isn't even any evidence of An Garda Siochana doing so

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Had to laugh at the wanker on FB earlier asking if the Swiss police had any videos on them beating pensioners and protecting water meter installers.

I’d hate to be that sad pathetic bitter person. Life’s too short.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭peter4918

Tombo2001 wrote: »
    Always love the 'waste of taxpayers money' bit.

Half the people on boards are here on their employers time, but they still find room to get high and mighty about the waste of tax payers money.

And you can be sure a good portion of the other half are on the dole!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

jackboy wrote: »
    They clearly 100% believe that the restrictions don’t apply to them.

That's because they don't apply to them. Read the list of essential workers, and you'll see they are entitled to do this.

• Advertisement

An Ri rua wrote: »
    Was he African? Or was he not Irish? Isn't that half the argument of BLM in Ireland? Which is he?

He was born in Africa, but spent most of his life here. So I'd say he identified as being both.

This is about engaging with the community in the hope that less of the bad guys emerge.

I think you are crazy if you believe this kind of thing will stop bad guys 'emerging'.

I can see the side that it's good for moral at the moment.

But I also see a side where I wonder if their time would be best spent in other ways.
    I watched lads on scramblers and quad bikes destroy a small park near where I live yesterday.
    Despite speaking to a unit of the Gardaí 200 metres away, and my local station, no one turned up to do anything about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Green Peter

Fully agree. In our small village we rarely if ever see a guard. If only they put even a tenth of the effort into policing rural ireland.

I figured you were from a small village, did you ever leave it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

I enjoyed it. The horses and the Irish dancing makes it. We're surrounded by doom and gloom all the time. No harm for something uplifting.

Living day in and day out with the amount of anger and bitterness some people do, going by the reactions here and elsewhere, must be absolutely exhausting.

This sums it up. Sheer hypocrisy.

You need to lighten up.

And clearly those restrictions don’t apply to workers who are outdoors anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,775 ✭✭✭buried

Is there any chance at all of the Kinahans or some other gang making one of these dance videos?

Maybe, every day of the week they are dancing to their bank anyways so they'll be well rehearsed.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 108 ✭✭Fran has a bone

Effects wrote: »

Sad and scary thing is this Ola or Toby whatever her real name is, was on RTE news last week on a report about hate speech on social media, playing the victim. I **** you not.

She's been quoted here many times, her timeline is just a stream of hatred and bigotry against white and Irish people. She's a bit deranged but openly bigoted yet RTE felt the need to put her on the news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

SeaFields wrote: »
    I enjoyed it. The horses and the Irish dancing makes it. We're surrounded by doom and gloom all the time. No harm for something uplifting.

Living day in and day out with the amount of anger and bitterness some people do, going by the reactions here and elsewhere, must be absolutely exhausting.

People who dont like the video aren't necessarily living day in and day out in anger and bitterness.

Some people just dont like the garda or maybe they just dont feel the need to rejoice every "trend " or "challenge " that comes along.
    Myself included. Less dancy dance more worky work.

Each to their own without throwing out insults at folks who dont enjoy the same level of humour.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Link to the Swiss one

Gardai: Douze Point ...

I think the video is the epitome of harmless. It made me smile, that counts.

• Advertisement

Sad and scary thing is this Ola or Toby whatever her real name is, was on RTE news last week on a report about hate speech on social media, playing the victim. I **** you not.

She's been quoted here many times, her timeline is just a stream of hatred and bigotry against white and Irish people. She's a bit deranged but openly bigoted yet RTE felt the need to put her on the news

Yeah, I've heard she was on RTE but hadn't seen it. I think her more recent coverage may be emboldening her views, which are coming across a bit too extreme.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Green Peter

Effects wrote: »
    Yeah, I've heard she was on RTE but hadn't seen it. I think her more recent coverage may be emboldening her views, which are coming across a bit too extreme.

It just shows they don't have many to pick from when looking for guests on certain topics

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

There must be very little going on in someone’s life if a harmless video like this is what annoys them.

I suppose it makes a change from giving out about RTE presenters, Martin going to Washington on Patrick’s Day, the price of takeaway coffee, or whatever other banality seems to get under the skin of the perpetually outraged around here.

What a way to live.

the price of takeaway coffee

What's wrong with giving out about the price of takeaway coffee? :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,747 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Completely harmless bit of fun by the boys and girls in blue. People need to lighten up. :)

Boards can really be a veritable viper’s nest of outrage, bitterness, cynicism and whinging at times... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Once again. Especially for all the begrudgers :D
    Thank you for watching

We hope it brings a smile in these dark times

https://twitter.com/gardainfo/status/1356554527806259200?s=08

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Heat_Wave

Great video to attract tourists. They made Ireland look great!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

I'll say it again... The coolest video I've seen in years.
    Also I think we beat the Swiss,,, both cool but our scenery means we win by a nose. We'll done to all involved.

Ps: what's the tune called?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭darem93

I'm not a big fan at all of these viral/Tik Tok dance videos but this actually made me smile. A bit of light-hearted fun in these challenging times and also a great showcase of just how beautiful Ireland can be.

I really can't understand why people are giving out about it. There are so many things to complain about at the minute, but this most certainly isn't one of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Bit of fucking craic. God knows there's fuck all to be happy about these days so just enjoy the little things.

That said, bitches be bitchin'

Advertisement