Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Dance Video *Mod Warning in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

lucalux wrote: »
    We have policing by consent here
    No we don't. I've never consented to either the RUC or the Gardaí. They "police" by force.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Anyone who has mates in the guards, do not ask them if they'll dance for you now....... I got two different responses:D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,578 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Its all a bit of craic, in the end all the police forces will end up taking part, so hopefully its not only Ireland where the people are moaning about it.

Although I do see already that some are trying to hijack it to push the "Ireland is a racist hole" agenda, which is sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Risteard81 wrote: »
    No we don't. I've never consented to either the RUC or the Gardaí. They "police" by force.

Right, but we do live in a democracy though and they are function of the state... Majority rules - unless these rules don't apply to you for some magical reason

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

Who else stopped reading after the sensible post accruing 231 likes?
    Great video.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

Effects wrote: »
    That's because they don't apply to them. Read the list of essential workers, and you'll see they are entitled to do this.
    Rubbish. I'm an essential worker but I'm not allowed to prance about like a nonce with countless other people. Your beloved Gardaí and the RUC will accuse me of committing a crime by trying to live my life in accordance with all natural law. They should be jailed for this. Anything else is grossly unjust to everyone else enduring their totalitarianism.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,037 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

A) Nonce means child molester, so be careful with that.

B) you say you have a job (God help your boss but I digress) if so, you signed up to a contract of employment and the employer pays tax and PRSI contributions for you. That contract and those taxes are defined by the law of the land.

Congrats, you're a citizen, you're subject to every law the rest of us are subject to, enacted by the representatives of the people, in our name. If you don't like that so much, the door is any port or Airport you'd like to choose. Just don't piss off the Guards there eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Rubbish. I'm an essential worker but I'm not allowed to prance about like a nonce with countless other people.

You might be an essential worker, but you don't understand the rules in relation to the restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

One thing I've noticed on this thread is that the people whinging and whataboutering all seem to have the same sort of poor spelling and grammar as the people whinging and whataboutering on all the other Garda social media. The same people that give out about the Gardai enforcing the 5km rules and handing out the relevant fines.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Green Peter

Ah but you do really, but you like to think and say you dont. I bet you'd be one of the first to ring 999 when you need them and demand their immediate presence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

I'll say it again... The coolest video I've seen in years.
    Also I think we beat the Swiss,,, both cool but our scenery means we win by a nose. We'll done to all involved.

Ps: what's the tune called?
    http://youtu.be/fCZVL_8D048

Sorry; the site won't let me embed the video.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

There must be very little going on in someone’s life if a harmless video like this is what annoys them.

I suppose it makes a change from giving out about RTE presenters, Martin going to Washington on Patrick’s Day, the price of takeaway coffee, or whatever other banality seems to get under the skin of the perpetually outraged around here.

What a way to live.
    Snowflakes will be snowflakes. Some still banging on about the "RUC", even. Who haven't been known by that name in 20 years, FFS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

It just shows they don't have many to pick from when looking for guests on certain topics

Does it? Are only her and Ebun the only black people in Ireland??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭wexandproud

bit of fun in otherwise boring times . Nice bit of advertising of the country if tourism ever gets going again , who cares if it cost a few euro or man hours to make FFS in the overall scheme of things its nothing .
    had a look at a few threads on fb and clicked on the profiles of some of the whingers .The one thing that struck me was most of the whingers were either shinner's , boy racer type's or anti vaxers . The kind of people who would give the impression they deal with the gardai on a regular basis

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Rubbish. I'm an essential worker but I'm not allowed to prance about like a nonce with countless other people. Your beloved Gardaí and the RUC will accuse me of committing a crime by trying to live my life in accordance with all natural law. They should be jailed for this. Anything else is grossly unjust to everyone else enduring their totalitarianism.

Mod:

Threadbanned

• Registered Users Posts: 17,048 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I see Gardai in uniform at all times in the video & that means they are doing something work related. I see Gardai in their work pods with masks & distancing themselves. I see men & women who stand out in all weather trying to keep us from spreading a deadly virus & from killing each other. I see them showing a different side of themselves for our amusement & entertainment. I see that they have picked some scenic areas to shoot these videos.

In short I see an entertaining video that will be shared all around the world. This will boost Irish people's moral here in Ireland & boost Irish tourism when tourism returns. The tourism board could spend hundreds of thousands of euro trying to reach the people that this video will reach

Fair play to the Gaurds IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 6,950 ✭✭✭circadian

Came for the complaining, didn't disappoint.

I still don't understand why anyone is up in arms about this though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

circadian wrote: »

Its almost like different people have different opinions. Mad times lads mad times

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Its almost like different people have different opinions. Mad times lads mad times

Exactly. I find the video cringeworthy and of no benefit to national morale whatsoever. My wife thinks it's great. So what?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Lillyfae

gozunda wrote: »
    Link to the Swiss one

Gardai: Douze Point ...

I think that's fine, looks like it was mocked up during coffee breaks or team building exercises using phones mostly.
    I'll say it again... The coolest video I've seen in years.
    Also I think we beat the Swiss,,, both cool but our scenery means we win by a nose. We'll done to all involved.

Ps: what's the tune called?

I think this is what makes it super cringey. It's clear that there was alot of planning time and resources used. Obviously Switzerland is a breathtakingly beautiful country too, but the Swiss police did this in their offices with minimal fuss.

It's like the time they did that "flash mob" in Cork where the whole city was invited about 2 months in advance and every school and community centre in the place was giving free dance lessons. Total cringe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Exactly. I find the video cringeworthy and of no benefit to national morale whatsoever. My wife thinks it's great. So what?

Exactly. I find it to be akin to a pr exercise. Look at us we are great craic.
    Pass

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

All done while off duty so no issue at all

This thread was very long , point may have been repeated.

off duty eh?

The same fcuks in this video would stop you , demand 20 questions of you and fine you for doing the same.
    shower of b@astards.

in response to the gushing praise for the gardai and their hard lives, cry me a river.
    It's rough all over for many people , the gardai if anything have financial security in this pandemic

circadian wrote: »

see point above. Thats' why and it's utter cringe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭Nermal

Nice bit of advertising of the country if tourism ever gets going again.

A pity that when they get here, tourists will probably visit O'Connell St., and come face-to-face with the consequences of Gardai pre-occupied with dancing.

Institutions that used to inspire respect, now desperate for 'likes'.

Sad!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Public opinion of them is all but in the toilet now and they go and waste time doing this while everyone in the country is stuck at home. Rubbing our faces in it and terrorising our granny while she tries to go down to buy the paper.

Ah here :p

• Registered Users Posts: 18,261 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I see Gardai in uniform at all times in the video & that means they are doing something work related. I see Gardai in their work pods with masks & distancing themselves. I see men & women who stand out in all weather trying to keep us from spreading a deadly virus & from killing each other. I see them showing a different side of themselves for our amusement & entertainment. I see that they have picked some scenic areas to shoot these videos.

In short I see an entertaining video that will be shared all around the world. This will boost Irish people's moral here in Ireland & boost Irish tourism when tourism returns. The tourism board could spend hundreds of thousands of euro trying to reach the people that this video will reach

Fair play to the Gaurds IMO

Do you have any studies to measure these benefit? in the dopamine fueled Twitter age, attention span is about 15 seconds, and the irony that the gov doesn't want any furriners here until 2022 is funny

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Qwertyminger

Omackeral wrote: »
    Ah here :p
    There's a checkpoint often set up at the end of my gran's road. Often the same guard stops her and demands to know where she's going. He thrusts his head in the car window.

Since the current lockdown started any day he's on duty she's stopped when going for her bread, milk and paper. All the rest wave her on but it's like she's personally irritating him by doing it. Realistically it's the only time she can see anyone all day and exercise a bit of independence because we all live in a different county.

She said she is afraid of him because if he's sticking his head in her car window he probably does it to everyone. She wears a mask now driving the car in expectation of him.

Great use of time and energy. Maybe if he'd been distracted by dancing he wouldn't have time to bother her. More of this sad dancing crap please, Gardaí seacláide.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭daydorunrun

I turned it off not because it’s a Garda thing and I think they should have better things to be doing. I turned it off because these attempts to brighten the mood by creating a viral video are annoying.

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.” Homer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭kravmaga

Apparently some Gardai who didnt make the cut for the dance video arent happy.

Especially Garda Rory :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtRt1B0x12w

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Green Peter

There's a checkpoint often set up at the end of my gran's road. Often the same guard stops her and demands to know where she's going. He thrusts his head in the car window.

Since the current lockdown started any day he's on duty she's stopped when going for her bread, milk and paper. All the rest wave her on but it's like she's personally irritating him by doing it. Realistically it's the only time she can see anyone all day and exercise a bit of independence because we all live in a different county.

She said she is afraid of him because if he's sticking his head in her car window he probably does it to everyone. She wears a mask now driving the car in expectation of him.

Great use of time and energy. Maybe if he'd been distracted by dancing he wouldn't have time to bother her. More of this sad dancing crap please, Gardaí seacláide.

I bet she's 35 and a looker

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Too much time and effort spent. Too much money wasted. Trying too hard, why? They're supposed to be police, not whatever they're portraying in the video. Public opinion of them is all but in the toilet now and they go and waste time doing this while everyone in the country is stuck at home. Rubbing our faces in it and terrorising our granny while she tries to go down to buy the paper.

I mean, that's a famous boards.ie response to any complaint anyone ever has "if you don't like it gtfo of Ireland"

But surely at the moment you will acknowledge that we're literally prisoners in this dump and face penalties for trying to escape from the same pricks who making idiots of themselves expensively in this video?

I await my ban because that's what this thread seems to be about.

Mod:

Threadbanned

Advertisement