Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Dance Video *Mod Warning in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Get Real

The woman stabbed in Dublin has died..

https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0203/1194772-woman-ifsc-death/

The Gardaí have time to fine people who go to the beach or want to fly aboard and make stupid videos of themselves dancing but they can't police the streets and protect innocent people from scumbags?

The guards probably arrested that scumbag countless times. The guards know that scumbag. The guards arrested him for the stabbing.

The guards couldn't predict he'd do what he did. You can't lock someone up based on what you think he might do. But you can arrest a person a 100 times, and still have them walking the streets. That's not the guards fault.

Maybe asked why he was allowed out in the first place? Points to a problem with the courts, not to the Gardaí. I'm sure the Gardaí, who have come across him and arrested him many times, are as sick to the teeth as you are at the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭opinionated3

How do you know they don't? Because the time you glanced out your window you didn't see one?

Apply for the local court records and see how many people have been charged with crimes in your area.

Have you ever seen a great white shark in person? They probable don't exist so

I know because you just don't see them apart from tax and insurance checkpoints out in the main road which is miles away from us. . How hard is that for you to understand? There are plenty of elderly people living in my area that would love to see a squad car pass by a few times a week, just for reassurance but it NEVER happens unless someone's house is robbed, and even at that they take their time arriving at the crime scene.
    I've personally never been in trouble with the cops, thankfully, and my wife has two cousins in the force. But apart from maybe the likes of parts of Dublin, Limerick etc you won't convince me that it's not a cushy number. And while guard's are out telling us where we can and can't go, this video was probably not the best idea..... IMO

I know because you just don't see them apart from tax and insurance checkpoints out in the main road which is miles away from us. . How hard is that for you to understand? There are plenty of elderly people living in my area that would love to see a squad car pass by a few times a week, just for reassurance but it NEVER happens unless someone's house is robbed, and even at that they take their time arriving at the crime scene.
    I've personally never been in trouble with the cops, thankfully, and my wife has two cousins in the force. But apart from maybe the likes of parts of Dublin, Limerick etc you won't convince me that it's not a cushy number. And while guard's are out telling us where we can and can't go, this video was probably not the best idea..... IMO

Isn't it amazing how the people that shout the same bull**** always know people in 'the force' and driving 'squad' cars despite no Garda ever describing themselves or the patrol cars that way? Almost like their entire knowledge of policing comes from csi miami.

Again for the foolish, just because you didn't see something during your 5 minutes of viewing within a 24 hour day, does not mean it didn't happen

There's no current unsolved crimes in Kerry? Surprised it's not mentioned more. You'd think the Healy-Raes especially would be shouting this from the rooftops.

I dunno, is there and do you expect Gardai to work 24/7 on these investigations or possible, you just have a gripe with Gardai and will always badmouth when the chance arrives while staying absolutely away from the threads showing them in a good light?

Again and I have asked you before, why didn't you join up and still don't become a reserve to show us all how it should be done?

Isn't it amazing how the people that shout the same bull**** always know people in 'the force' and driving 'squad' cars despite no Garda ever describing themselves or the patrol cars that way? Almost like their entire knowledge of policing comes from csi miami.

Again for the foolish, just because you didn't see something during your 5 minutes of viewing within a 24 hour day, does not mean it didn't happen

I've always called them "squad cars". What term would you like me to use? Patrol cars? Batmobiles? Whatever suits you.

• Advertisement

I've always called them "squad cars". What term would you like me to use? Patrol cars? Batmobiles? Whatever suits you.

Good man, misdirection to avoid.

the last time,there was break in pre-covid,in my area it took gaurds 10 days to come out

They pass through every few days now,as i live in a relatively scenic/popular with tourist areas to make sure people not travelling down with covid restrictions etc...but as soon as this is over,it'll be back to normal

Like its hardly suprising with all the rural stations closed down during the recession,people rightly view the gaurds as abandoning rural areas

Again, what you see and what happens aren't the same.

People need to also realize that the Gardai have emptied the training centers and offices of both staff and students for covid plus put on overtime. The checkpoints are overtime for example. Then there's the hundreds of rental cars that will vanish when covid is over.

Instead of moaning and using really lazy and incorrect assessments, perhaps those people could engage their brains and do some research? Compare ags to other police forces AND if they really want to push the boat out, examine court records, arrest and charge numbers and media reports.

Too much work and they aren't really interested in changing their opinions anyway,

• Registered Users Posts: 28,464 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Fixed for accuracy.

Yea whatever.

https://twitter.com/fedpolCH/status/1356876411181621248

Swiss Police paid tribute just to outrage even more.

I mean who paid for the Irish flag? I hope it didn't come from the Irish embassy.

Good man, misdirection to avoid.

Avoid what exactly??

IMO his basic point is still valid. You never see cops on the beat anymore. They don't patrol rural areas in their squad cars anymore. A little bit of simple police presence can help reassure people of their safety. I totally realise they can't be everywhere, but at least make a bloody effort. People gushing hyperbole about a silly video does nothing.

Whereas I assume that there are valid reasons why they're not patrolling such areas anymore, such as funding or demands being higher in other areas. Ireland, and the manner of crime has changed considerably over the last twenty years.. so I'm not so quick to assume they're not making an effort.

The few times I've been out since this covid thingy started, I've seen them every time at various spots on the roads, although I admit I haven't been out much at all. Hard for me to judge what their presence is like.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

murpho999 wrote: »
    Yea whatever.

https://twitter.com/fedpolCH/status/1356876411181621248

Swiss Police paid tribute just to outrage even more.

I mean who paid for the Irish flag? I hope it didn't come from the Irish embassy.

The original tweet.

https://twitter.com/itsbeats/status/1350046139161186305

The original tweet.

Yes but it was the Swiss police response to that tweet that upped the ante.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Lillyfae

murpho999 wrote: »
    Yes but it was the Swiss police response to that tweet that upped the ante.

Again took 5 minutes to put together, not huge logistics to hang a flag out the window and video it. Guaranteed the Gardaí will probably hire a plane trailing the Swiss flag in response, or get Michael Flatley to perform wearing it as a cloak :rolleyes:

Lillyfae wrote: »
    Again took 5 minutes to put together, not huge logistics to hang a flag out the window and video it. Guaranteed the Gardaí will probably hire a plane trailing the Swiss flag in response, or get Michael Flatley to perform wearing it as a cloak :rolleyes:

Ah stop. There was nothing in the Irish video that required huge logistics. Absolutely nothing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

the last time,there was break in pre-covid,in my area it took gaurds 10 days to come out

They pass through every few days now,as i live in a relatively scenic/popular with tourist areas to make sure people not travelling down with covid restrictions etc...but as soon as this is over,it'll be back to normal

Like its hardly suprising with all the rural stations closed down during the recession,people rightly view the gaurds as abandoning rural areas

ten day response time ? was it a serious incident ? some on in danger ?

you do know the gardai didn't close all those rural and smaller city stations because they wanted to , or because they had a say in it .

you might want to get onto you politicians ablout that

It is,i live here....i known what geos on....i live 25 miles from the main station from my area and 8 from.nearest part time one...they dont be about here,

Mate, Im a Garda that lives where he works and I dont know whats going on my neighbours houses. You sure as **** dont know who is hitting his wife or kids, in the IRA or a child abuser. You have no idea whats going on and its kinda odd that you think you do to such a high level. Im sitting in my kitchen at the moment, ten patrol cars could go by and how would I know? They could arrest one of my neighbours and I wouldnt know. I will find out when I go back to work.
    Mate,i see whats going on,domestic abuse calls taking 3 days to get too,arson/assults not being reported as nothing gets done.....rustling etc not being investigated,sheep being attacked by dogs and nothing ever comes of it

You dont. You hear what you are told. Thats not all that happens and its certainly not the start and finish of what your local Gardai are doing or not doing. Its police work, its not all advertised all the time. I dunno if you have spotted this in life but people lie. They tell you things that arent true just to moan, whinge or engage. They do it all the time. They also repeat the same gossip over and over to each other.
    Mate,your trying to browbeat people to ignore what thet know to be true,while believing your assertions?

Im trying to get people to engage their brains further than the low level of barely awake that currently passes for the population. Its arrogant to think you know everything thats going on, naive to think that because you didnt see it, it didnt happen or foolish to believe all that you are told.

Perform independant research. critically examine what you see and are told and accept your knowledge and observations are limited.

again I will point out;

A, I have never seen a great white shark but they exist and swim in the ocean.

B, Ireland has a tremendously small police force compared to most EU and American agencies. The size of the area some stations cover with just 1 car is disgraceful but thats not the Garda in the cars fault. We also perform far more functions. Did you know that most criminal cases in Ireland are prosecuted directly by investigating Gardai and not solicitors? Did you know that in Ireland the majority of investigations are performed by uniform response officers and not detectives?

I live in the area. It's a generational problem that is getting worse. The systems we (the state) have created are contributors to so much dilinquent behavior going without repurcussion. Free Legal Aid, unlimited welfare and so on. Policing numbers a huge problem also. A huge review of systems needed.

thats a post by somone who has taken the time to research a subject beyond twitter

I expect them to work on them during their working hours. I know that's a shocking expectation, but I stand by it.

I never joined as I was worried it would corrupt me. I wonder if the Gardai down the road in Balbriggan ever did find the €9000, and the second amount of €4000 that went missing from their evidence room or if the €27,000 was ever found that went missing from the Malahide evidence room.

what a complete load of bollox.

How many times have you been told that the videos were created in their own down time? You are just moaning because that is what you do. You moan about Gardai. Boards is full of it.

It would corrupt you? That says more about you and your view than it does Gardai. Or it could just be more bollox talk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

what a complete load of bollox.

How many times have you been told that the videos were created in their own down time? You are just moaning because that is what you do. You moan about Gardai. Boards is full of it.

It would corrupt you? That says more about you and your view than it does Gardai. Or it could just be more bollox talk

Well it's even worse if they are off work. Gardai have to abide by the same laws as ordinary people. You don't seem to be able to understand that.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Green Peter

Dealt with the Gardai three times in the past 10 years. Once to report an assault, twice to report a car being stolen.

Assault: Was assaulted in a nightclub. Knew the guy who did it. Bouncers had seen it. Club had CCTV that showed it crystal clear. Bouncers said that there was a squad car outside. I approached them to explain what had happened. Was told "ring your local station tomorrow". I thought they misheard me and told them that it was just happened, I was told to get away from the car or I'd be arrested and brought to Balbriggan Garda Station, and that if I bled on the car seats on the way I'd be done for damaging Garda property.

Next day, rang local station, they wanted nothing to do with it, if it happened in Skerries, ring Skerries Garda station. Rang and was asked to come in to make a statement. Went down and was pretty much called a criminal. What happened, i was headbutted for no reason, that doesn't happen, well it did, tutting and shaking his head as I gave a statement. Gave him the guys name, address, the head bouncers phone number, the club managers name, a copy of the assault on DVD. I was told "I'll look into it and get back to you". That was about ten or so years ago, still waiting. Unless he's gone all Joey Pistone, I don't think i'll be hearing back from him again.

Car breakin 1: Saw people at car out the front of my house at about 2am, ran out after them, they fled, called Gardai. Had to take the day off work to wait for them. Turned up at 1pm the next day. Had a look, nothing they could do.

Car Break in 2. Same as above, Called Gardai, told they'd send a car. Front driver door was bent back (obviously how they'd opened door), great says the Garda in Balbriggan we might be able to get prints if they weren't wearing gloves. Ok, should I stick a tarp or something over it as its starting to drizzle. NO NO NO, don't go near it, it's a crime scene. Gardai arrive 5pm the next day with forensics. How do you expect us to do anything when the window frame is after getting lashed out if with rain/drizzle? Nothing we can do.

Some uplifting dance moves though. :rolleyes:

I can see how you got the headbutt, will you PM me his phone number so I can personally thank him.

• Advertisement

Mate,we know near on every car that comes in/out of my area at night,its isolated enough,sure i know whos bringing in drugs,we see them at night landing on the beaches (its an area with long history of smuggling)....i for reasons not going into,have had to help dometic abuse victims late last year,and i know it taken gaurds 3 days to come out

I know because i been about and see what geos on

https://www.wlrfm.com/2020/12/15/sheep-farmers-anguish-after-attack-leaves-20-of-flock-dead/#:~:text=A%20sheep%20farmer%20in%20West,attacked%20and%20killed%20by%20dogs.&text=Speaking%20on%20Deise%20Today%20on,have%20to%20be%20put%20down.

I know people linked to person involved above,did the gaurds in dungarvan tell them to stop bothering them,when were tipped off that same gang who caused above were seen going out hunting in the an rinn/old parish area??

Would those gaurds from same station recently have been seen dropping one of this gang home,to his ethic minority camping site??

Would there have been videos of that attack on sheep on snapchat at one stage??

Looks to me,yous are trying to proclaim gaurds have a hamdle on crime in rural areas,when for a variety of reasons,some not of own making,they evidently dont

Still waiting for some evidence of people being prosectuted for their dogs attacking sheep....almost as if it deosnt happen

Weird

Surely the assertion,they dont have a handle on crime in rural areas stands to commonsense...your trying to proclaim 2 conflicting things....the gaurds are over-stretched and they have a handle on everything,these are not aligning positions

your aware of large scale drugs smuggling in your area ? have you let the gardai know ?
    how about customs or the navy ? anyone at all ?

your not thinking of arms landing in ring in the far off distant past are you ?

and you reckon the gardas are going out hunting at night with travellers do you?

savaging of sheep like that is generally done by domestic family pets not lurchers who run animals and cause damage that way ,

Family dogs can and are shot by farmers every year as is their right.
    Would you like the gardai to be herdsmen as well ? sit out all night looking for stray dogs ?
    Ballinamult is a long way from An Rinn too ,

Is there still a station in An Rinn ?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Government buildings

What I can't understand is that back in the fifties and sixties there was a garda in every village in the country.

There was very little money around that time.

Now we can't afford a garda even in towns.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,906 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Anyone else think the Mods should change the name of the thread to Gardai Bashing ?

What started out as a fun , uplifting short video thread , has descended into point scoring against the Guards. If they hadn't risen to the challenge and performed the dance , no doubt there'd be accusations of being too far stuck up their own ***** to do it .
    Can't win .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Dealt with the Gardai three times in the past 10 years. Once to report an assault, twice to report a car being stolen.

Assault: Was assaulted in a nightclub. Knew the guy who did it. Bouncers had seen it. Club had CCTV that showed it crystal clear. Bouncers said that there was a squad car outside. I approached them to explain what had happened. Was told "ring your local station tomorrow". I thought they misheard me and told them that it was just happened, I was told to get away from the car or I'd be arrested and brought to Balbriggan Garda Station, and that if I bled on the car seats on the way I'd be done for damaging Garda property.

Next day, rang local station, they wanted nothing to do with it, if it happened in Skerries, ring Skerries Garda station. Rang and was asked to come in to make a statement. Went down and was pretty much called a criminal. What happened, i was headbutted for no reason, that doesn't happen, well it did, tutting and shaking his head as I gave a statement. Gave him the guys name, address, the head bouncers phone number, the club managers name, a copy of the assault on DVD. I was told "I'll look into it and get back to you". That was about ten or so years ago, still waiting. Unless he's gone all Joey Pistone, I don't think i'll be hearing back from him again.

Car breakin 1: Saw people at car out the front of my house at about 2am, ran out after them, they fled, called Gardai. Had to take the day off work to wait for them. Turned up at 1pm the next day. Had a look, nothing they could do.

Car Break in 2. Same as above, Called Gardai, told they'd send a car. Front driver door was bent back (obviously how they'd opened door), great says the Garda in Balbriggan we might be able to get prints if they weren't wearing gloves. Ok, should I stick a tarp or something over it as its starting to drizzle. NO NO NO, don't go near it, it's a crime scene. Gardai arrive 5pm the next day with forensics. How do you expect us to do anything when the window frame is after getting lashed out if with rain/drizzle? Nothing we can do.

Some uplifting dance moves though. :rolleyes:

Not surprising at all. My most recent interaction with a garda was at a covid checkpoint. Eastern European garda. Most ignorant, rude individual iv come across in a long time.
    Hiding behind his uniform. A real pos

• Registered Users Posts: 14,741 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Not surprising at all. My most recent interaction with a garda was at a covid checkpoint. Eastern European garda. Most ignorant, rude individual iv come across in a long time.

Why did you feel the need to point out he was Eastern European?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Thought the vid myself was a bit of craic and showed some lovely parts of the countryside. Posted it to family members living in more distant climes and they thought likewise.

Always someone going to find fault when none is required however.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Gardai can do what they like, I just thought the clip was embarrassing and cringey and wasn't very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Witcher wrote: »
    Why did you feel the need to point out he was Eastern European?

Because he was. Should I not have?

why don't you elaborate as to why he was a cowardly eastern European POS ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,658 ✭✭✭Allinall

Because he was. Should I not have?

No. You shouldn't have, unless it's relevant. Was it?

Advertisement