Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Dance Video *Mod Warning in OP*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

And then people wonder why no one has respect for the Garda

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

statesaver wrote: »

No one? Or you?

Samsgirl wrote: »
    No one? Or you?

Surely its hard to take gaurds seriously,enforcing the only allowed meet up with no person outside law

When its openly stated the gaurds are meeting up in groups off duty to record videos??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Cerveza

Works off the donuts I guess.

No one? Or you?

People ?

• Advertisement

People ?

Well, you don't speak for me and many many others.

Surely its hard to take gaurds seriously,enforcing the only allowed meet up with no person outside law

When its openly stated the gaurds are meeting up in groups off duty to record videos??

Look, this has been flogged to death. 99% of people liked this and found it very uplifting. The other 1%, as ye were....

Bit strong there with your 99% stat.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭peter4918

Hard to take anyone who can’t spell guards seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭timeToLive

but you speak for everyone else apparently

• Advertisement

OK.

Silly nonsense but keeps the pleps entertained.

Sam is a Michael not so flatley due to lack of Jerusalema and too many donuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭StevenToast

The guards do a great job and have my respect.....

But...this dancing sh1te is the height of cringe...

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

All true but sure the moaners wouldn't have anything to
    give out about if they were to believe that.

It's just such a waste of energy to be annoyed at something so harmless. It's made a few people smile, and times are really hard so smiles count for something.

And not inconsequentially, cops everywhere are also having a tough time like everyone else. and if getting behind this is a distraction for them then that's a good thing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,463 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I have great respect for the Gardaí.
    They've to tell family that their son, daughter, mother, father, etc has died and how.
    They've to deal and investigate with very tragic incidents and crimes.
    They've to deal with being spat on, called every name under the sun, kicked, abused, you name it.
    I know they know what they are signing up to and of course they'll be some useless Gardai.

*It's generally only rough all yokes who have no respect for them in my experience!

I have great respect for the Gardaí.
    They've to tell family that their son, daughter, mother, father, etc has died and how.
    They've to deal and investigate with very tragic incidents and crimes.
    They've to deal with being spat on, called every name under the sun, kicked, abused, you name it.
    I know they know what they are signing up to and of course they'll be some useless Gardai.

*It's generally only rough all yokes who have no respect for them in my experience!

This is not what the average guard does. Throttle back on the dia Dora.

Cerveza wrote: »
    This is not what the average guard does. Throttle back on the dia Dora.

Yes, it is

Yes, it is

No it’s not. Turn off your WiFi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭pgmcpq

Absolutely fantastic !

Can anyone identify the location for a long time expat ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,244 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Cerveza wrote: »
    Sam is a Michael not so flatley due to lack of Jerusalema and too many donuts.

Do not post in here again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

It's hardly the fault of the Gardai that you believe the media. The Gardai that did it, were in the video.

2 horses in their stable, 6 from the Garda college, 6 on the station roof during their break, 6 in a park it looks like, possible Phoenix park where the hq is judging by their uniforms and I think, 8 Gardai in a few tourist spots. 8 that engaged in dancing on their off time but in uniform. Fyi, if there was a crime they and all Gardai would still respond.

This video was made more than 'the other day' so relax.

I was not referring to video but stating what I saw.
    SO It's "fake news" and all the pic online are false.
    I have no idea when it was made but the Gardaí were practising steps here a few days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

I never want to see a tictock video again, after the first 5 or so last year I was sick of them. I particularly never want to see a Garda or other essential service tic tock to ‘lighten the mood of the nation’. We really are living in a mad world where this ****e is even happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭screamer

You know when I see the video, I just see people having a bit of craic. They’re just people who, let’s face it, see the worst and best of humanity on a daily basis, I don’t begrudge them a few minutes of fun.
    All the moaning Michaels on here are great to give out, but they wouldn’t bother their arses to try and do anything positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Yester

We have feral teenagers terrorizing the north inner city and these utter clowns are pouncing about dancing in their masks...

Guards can dance if they want to
    They can leave feral teens behind
    Cause feral teens don't dance
    And if they don't dance
    Well, they're no teens of mine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭lulublue22

Lighten up it's only a bit of fun.

I thought it was a **** comment by someone who couldn’t argue a point so fell back on the lets take a pop at someone based on a physical attribute and pass it off as a bit of crack / banter/ joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,151 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

pgmcpq wrote: »
    Absolutely fantastic !

Can anyone identify the location for a long time expat ?
    Fenit and Blennerville and the roof of Tralee Garda Station in Kerry, Mullaghmore in Sligo, Áras an Úachtaráin.

Not sure of the rest.

Still going with that lie I see? COLLEAGUES THAT THEY HAVE SPENT THE DAY WORKING WITH that they then did this, in their WORKPLACE before going home

It's 'Guards' or 'Gardai' fyi

Still going with that lie I see? COLLEAGUES THAT THEY HAVE SPENT THE DAY WORKING WITH that they then did this, in their WORKPLACE before going home

It's 'Guards' or 'Gardai' fyi

The person i responded to,said it was recorded off duty.....you guys need to work on which story,yous going with

Given with covid....the gaurds shift are 7 to 7 (ive recently had reason to know this/interact with the gaurds)....surely this would have been in the dark,if was at end of shift??

Mod: No questioning mod action on thread. If you have an issue with a mod action you can take it to feedback.

• Advertisement

The person i responded to,said it was recorded off duty.....you guys need to work on which story,yous going with

Given with covid....the gaurds shift are 7 to 7 (ive recently had reason to know this/interact with the gaurds)....surely this would have been in the dark,if was at end of shift??

Have you no critical thought process and analytical reasoning skills?

'Guards' for about the fifth time. Pretty basic English.

It was recorded off duty. Where did I say different? You know what after work is? It's off duty.

You know that 7am to 7pm shift? Well amazing as it sounds, is followed by a 7pm to 7am shift.

During those 12 hours Gardai sometimes get what is commonly called 'a break'.

They also sometimes do what's called 'office hours' like I dunno, if you worked in something like, an office? Like a senior officer that wears white instead of blue shirts?

Or maybe they work an alternative 'community policing' roster that's different hours again but exists so they can work more during the day. Maybe?

So, they did it in their own time. It was mostly performed in Garda buildings. The scenic stuff wasn't but it's still qualifies as 'the work place' for Gardai.

And has been explained before, those same Gardai in or out of uniform and on or off duty would not hesitate to intervene in a crime or incident regardless of how much you don't like them and despite your simple belief system.

Advertisement