Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Dance Video *Mod Warning in OP*

Options

Comments

We have feral teenagers terrorizing the north inner city and these utter clowns are pouncing about dancing in their masks...

****ing tossers, I suppose next stop is Dublin airport to rugby tackle a 70 year old woman coming home from Gran Canaria ...

Do you want the Gardai in Kerry to police North inner city Dublin and Dublin airport off duty?

Because that's the only logical conclusion of comparing the two events as you have

They're outdoors and distanced. They're on their own time. They practiced on their own time. They produced the final product on their own time. They spread a bit of positivity.

Seriously though, the negativity at the most minor things imaginable is what's killing AH. I know it's a miserable time but miserableness as a badge of honor is just futile.

It's completely harmless, it made people smile. That's the beginning and the end of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

There must be almost nothing going on in one’s life if they are still annoyed about something so harmless and trivial. Outrage as a hobby.

The person i responded to,said it was recorded off duty.....you guys need to work on which story,yous going with

Given with covid....the gaurds shift are 7 to 7 (ive recently had reason to know this/interact with the gaurds)....surely this would have been in the dark,if was at end of shift??

Not all guards changed shifts ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

There must be almost nothing going on in one’s life if they are still annoyed about something so harmless and trivial. Outrage as a hobby.

There is almost nothing going on in most peoples lives, that is partly the problem. You could also say there must be noting going on in one's life to be amused by this, also true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

There is almost nothing going on in most peoples lives, that is partly the problem. You could also say there must be noting going on in one's life to be amused by this, also true.

I’m afraid this excuse about people having nothing to do doesn’t wash with me. The extra time people have is a once in a lifetime opportunity to spend time on self-improvement. Take up a new hobby, learn a new skill, pivot to a new career, take up running, read more books, write a book, learn to meditate, weightlifting etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

bubblypop wrote: »
    Not all guards changed shifts ;)

And don't work 7 days a week. They have rest days when they come off shift. But people don't want to hear that.

I can't believe this is still raging. How, where and when have been explained multiple time by multiple people in the know and it's still not accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭COVID

I’m afraid this excuse about people having nothing to do doesn’t wash with me. The extra time people have is a once in a lifetime opportunity to spend time on self-improvement. Take up a new hobby, learn a new skill, pivot to a new career, take up running, read more books, write a book, learn to meditate, weightlifting etc.

I'm doing all of the above, and I'm still bored.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

I don't give a flying Feck if it was done in official working time.

It shows the AGS in a good light, as regular Joe Smohs, IMHO , at a time when they need people's support and understanding more than usual.

Plus it cheers the country some people up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Still going with that lie I see? COLLEAGUES THAT THEY HAVE SPENT THE DAY WORKING WITH that they then did this, in their WORKPLACE before going home

It's 'Guards' or 'Gardai' fyi

Of course they did :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Have you no critical thought process and analytical reasoning skills?

'Guards' for about the fifth time. Pretty basic English.

It was recorded off duty. Where did I say different? You know what after work is? It's off duty.

You know that 7am to 7pm shift? Well amazing as it sounds, is followed by a 7pm to 7am shift.

During those 12 hours Gardai sometimes get what is commonly called 'a break'.

They also sometimes do what's called 'office hours' like I dunno, if you worked in something like, an office? Like a senior officer that wears white instead of blue shirts?

Or maybe they work an alternative 'community policing' roster that's different hours again but exists so they can work more during the day. Maybe?

So, they did it in their own time. It was mostly performed in Garda buildings. The scenic stuff wasn't but it's still qualifies as 'the work place' for Gardai.

And has been explained before, those same Gardai in or out of uniform and on or off duty would not hesitate to intervene in a crime or incident regardless of how much you don't like them and despite your simple belief system.

TLDR: it’s one rule for the Gardai and another for the plebs. So know your place.

Candie wrote: »
    They're outdoors and distanced. They're on their own time. They practiced on their own time. They produced the final product on their own time. They spread a bit of positivity.

Seriously though, the negativity at the most minor things imaginable is what's killing AH. I know it's a miserable time but miserableness as a badge of honor is just futile.

It's completely harmless, it made people smile. That's the beginning and the end of it.

Can me and my mates hit the beach and make a stupid dance video?? We’ll be outside and distanced. It’ll be on our own time?? What you reckon the answer will be if we’re stopped at a checkpoint??

• Registered Users Posts: 29,134 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Can me and my mates hit the beach and make a stupid dance video?? We’ll be outside and distanced. It’ll be on our own time?? What you reckon the answer will be if we’re stopped at a checkpoint??
    The rules didn't stop you going for sessions with the lads in pubs and houses during the last lockdown, so knock yourself out.

Have you not fallen off that high horse yet?

Why, when you're so blasé about rules yourself, are you so obsessed with this? The hypocrisy is absolutely astounding.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    The rules didn't stop you going for sessions with the lads in pubs and houses during the last lockdown, so knock yourself out.

Have you not fallen off that high horse yet?

Why, when you're so blasé about rules yourself, are you so obsessed with this? The hypocrisy is absolutely astounding.

I’m not a cop. I’m not fining anyone. And there was no legal impediment to me meeting my friends previously. I’ve only been in pubs when they were legally open. Other than that you have a point lol. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,128 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Only on boards would you find whingers giving out !!!
    Everyone I know thought it was fabulous and passing it around for a feel good moment
    What is it with boards ??

I’m not a cop. I’m not fining anyone. And there was no legal impediment to me meeting my friends previously. I’ve only been in pubs when they were legally open. Other than that you have a point lol. :rolleyes:
    You were well able to boast about heading for sessions indoors with up to 20 "lads", skipping meals which were a requirement of being there in the first place, overstaying the time, heading back to houses after if you got kicked out.

All risky behaviour for spreading covid.

Yet you're still on here,complaining about people out in the fresh air, masked and distanced, doing a feelgood thing in their own time.

Do you have any idea how ridiculous you sound?

Have you no critical thought process and analytical reasoning skills?

'Guards' for about the fifth time. Pretty basic English.

It was recorded off duty. Where did I say different? You know what after work is? It's off duty.

IE,they shouldnt be meeting in groups then??restrictions seem clear enough to me
    You know that 7am to 7pm shift? Well amazing as it sounds, is followed by a 7pm to 7am shift.

During those 12 hours Gardai sometimes get what is commonly called 'a break'.

They also sometimes do what's called 'office hours' like I dunno, if you worked in something like, an office? Like a senior officer that wears white instead of blue shirts?

Or maybe they work an alternative 'community policing' roster that's different hours again but exists so they can work more during the day. Maybe?

Ok???seems long winded,ranty and pointless point to make
    So, they did it in their own time. It was mostly performed in Garda buildings. The scenic stuff wasn't but it's still qualifies as 'the work place' for Gardai.

And has been explained before, those same Gardai in or out of uniform and on or off duty would not hesitate to intervene in a crime or incident regardless of how much you don't like them and despite your simple belief system.

Who said otherwise???just if they are off duty,do covid restrictions not apply then to off duty gaurds...simple yes or no would suffice,

Nowhere have i said i dont like em....its essentially a harmless,if deeply pointless video

I dislike the people blindly defending em,....first it was they off duty,this was qs....then it was at end of shifts,this was exposed to be flawed.....now its just screaming rants at anyone who.dare qs it

If it wasnt recorded on-duty...it was wrong/inappropriate imo..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,128 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

You were well able to boast about heading for sessions indoors with up to 20 "lads", skipping meals which were a requirement of being there in the first place, overstaying the time, heading back to houses after if you got kicked out.

Yet you're still on here,complaining about people out in the fresh air, masked and distanced, doing a feelgood thing in their own time.

Trying to rile you up is the intention I imagine . Dont rise

Candie wrote: »

This x 100.

It's utterly depressing.

Lol, I’ll say it again slowly.

I’m. Not. A. Cop.

“Risky behaviour” was not illegal prior to Xmas. I broke 0 laws.

Cops breaking the laws they swear to uphold is hypocritical. Fining people while members are meeting in groups and doing silly dances is hypocritical. Meeting in groups outside of work, education or essential purposes is currently illegal and the absolute height of hypocrisy.

• Advertisement

It's a lot of energy you're putting into second-guessing whether or not people in a short video were within or without 5k, because IF they weren't you feel you should be entitled to break lockdown rules. I doubt any rules were broken because of the PR issues people with a grudge would visit on the cops if they did.

It's not important enough to get this defensive and upset over. Try take it at face value.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

weldoninho, you've been warned about this before - now you're back derailing the thread again. Do not post in this thread again

IE,they shouldnt be meeting in groups then??restrictions seem clear enough to me

Ok???seems long winded,ranty and pointless point to make

Who said otherwise???just if they are off duty,do covid restrictions not apply then to off duty gaurds...simple yes or no would suffice,

Nowhere have i said i dont like em....its essentially a harmless,if deeply pointless video

I dislike the people blindly defending em,....first it was they off duty,this was qs....then it was at end of shifts,this was exposed to be flawed.....now its just screaming rants at anyone who.dare qs it

If it wasnt recorded on-duty...it was wrong/inappropriate imo..

When you have spent time learning the English language and can converse in it, we will discuss further.

At present, you just sound like a drunk that's ranting at a tree and getting confused while doing so

When you have spent time learning the English language and can converse in it, we will discuss further.

At present, you just sound like a drunk that's ranting at a tree and getting confused while doing so

Cue desperate attempt at condesending,to cover that your arse has been handed to yous with facts and logic :D:D

Tell us again,why off duty gaurds,(as claimed here),are not subject to same restrictions as everyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

Cue desperate attempt at condesending,to cover that your arse has been handed to yous with facts and logic :D:D

Tell us again,why off duty gaurds,(as claimed here),are not subject to same restrictions as everyone else?

I would consider what the guards did in the video as unpaid work in their own time.
    Community policing and public relations are vital components of Irish policing.
    This video was a public relations exercise which the guards involved volunteered to do in their own time. It was work, in a sense, just unpaid.

joe40 wrote: »
    I would consider what the guards did in the video as unpaid work in their own time.
    Community policing and public relations are vital components of Irish policing.
    This video was a public relations exercise which the guards involved volunteered to do in their own time. It was work, in a sense, just unpaid.

they cannot meet up with more than one person outside under covid restrictions,

Excuses,excuses,blame someone else,or simply scream abuse like the inappropriately named nicer leprachaun (lolz,)

It deosnt make sense gaurds would rip up covid restrictions to record this,when they could simply do it in work and no rational person would mind

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

Excuses,excuses,blame someone else,or simply scream abuse like the inappropriately named nicer leprachaun (lolz,)

It deosnt make sense gaurds would rip up covid restrictions to record this,when they could simply do it in work and no rational person would mind

If they did it in work you would be complaining about waste of tax payers money.
    They did this public relations work, for no cost to the country, how is that a problem?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

Move on from the restrictions discussion - you have already been directed to take that to the Covid-19 Forum. Bring it up again and you'll be threadbanned

• Registered Users Posts: 16,521 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Bit of harmless fun.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭I regurgitate the news

Bit of harmless fun.

I thought fun was banned. Guess you need the right kind of uniform and you're all good

Advertisement