Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Dance Video *Mod Warning in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

God its awful bollo5ks.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭COVID

Irish Coast Guard have ordered members not to do any such dances for social media. Citing, among other reasons, that any unnecessary gathering of any kind, increases risks associated with this deathly pandemic everyone is supposed to be taking so seriously.

Seems fair to me. When you look at the Rugby teams at the weekend, all separated in stands, masked in their rugby gear it really highlights that gathering is a privileged thing to be able to do and so should not be undertaken for unnecessary craic. No matter how bored you are.

Funnily enough, the majority of the Irish rugby team voted to 'do the dance' themselves as they lined-up before the game against Wales last Sunday.
    But the IRFU wasn't having it.
    Spoilsports. joke joke joke joke joke joke joke joke joke joke joke joke joke

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

buried wrote: »
    Main problem for me is the actual track. It's f**king terrible. If they were trying to dance to some real good forward pushing dance music actually being created today from the continent of Africa like from artists such as '1127' or 'Duama' I might be able to get with this sort of shtick

Do you really expect police forces, doing a cringey dance challenge, to care about making sure the music is "forward pushing dance music" from Africa? Get out of here you 'hipster'.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

murpho999 wrote: »
    Agree.

The initial Garda was fun but leave it at that.

There's even a brutal one going around now from An Post workers in Clonmel.

Also, Coast Guard have instructed members not to make any more.

Link

If there's two things that motivate the common or gardener Irish gob****e its these:

The chance to jump a bandwagon
    The fear of being left out

Expect many more. Expect a Rorys Stories video. Expect some TDs to finally kill it off by doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,353 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

just in case you want to see how its done properly - heres some african kids doing it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,751 ✭✭✭buried

Effects wrote: »
    Do you really expect police forces, doing a cringey dance challenge, to care about making sure the music is "forward pushing dance music" from Africa? Get out of here you 'hipster'.

lol Jayzus chrisht I was only giving an opinion, if this is a video designed to lift peoples moods it sure as $hite hasn't done it for you

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 28,463 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Bambi wrote: »
    If there's two things that motivate the common or gardener Irish gob****e its these:

Expect many more. Expect a Rorys Stories video. Expect some TDs to finally kill it off by doing it.

There's no need to bash Ireland over this.

All countries do it and it's just that we're in Ireland and see it.

I agree it needs to stop though. An Garda was enough.

Also, you need to look up Rory's Stories he did a good skit about not being in the original video.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

lol Jayzus chrisht I was only giving an opinion, if this is a video designed to lift peoples moods it sure as $hite hasn't done it for you
    This comment lifted my mood more than the video. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,618 ✭✭✭golfball37

My only problem with it is the level of national press particularly from RTÉ it’s getting. It’s a bit cringe tbh. No issue with the Gardai doing it etc fair play to them. Keep it off the radio and late late show however, do we have to be spoonfed how proud we are meant to be of a few lads doing a dance because they are Gardai

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

I'm surprised it wasnt Joe Dolan or big tom and the mainliners

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

I'll start to respect them when they start doing their jobs more effectively. Thats what they are paid for

just in case you want to see how its done properly - heres some african kids doing it

Cheek of those kids.
    Do they not realise there's kids starving in Africa due to famines and wars and they go and show disrespect by dancing and rub their noses in by moving their clearly well fed bodies.
    Disgraceful. I'm outraged.

Great dancing though!

I'm confused, you're the one who started off moaning about it.
    Main problem for me is the actual track. It's f**king terrible.

I'm confused, you're the one who started off moaning about it.

But sure it never did nothing for me from the get go, I never said it did.

But sure it never did nothing for me from the get go, I never said it did.

Ah ok, so you are moaning about it. Glad to clear that up, even if just for me.

Ah ok, so you are moaning about it. Glad to clear that up, even if just for me.

So what? I just made a remark on a video. You were the one making disparaging and downright rude remarks towards me, swinging in and labeling me a 'hipster' for some reason, just for stating a basic opinion, remember?
    I can moan without resorting to disparaging anyone up in here.

I can moan without resorting to disparaging anyone up in here.

Jasus, relax and move on mate.

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭piwyudo0fhn57b

Just fun

• Registered Users Posts: 15,471 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Happy to hear the dingle coast guard have prompted management to tell them to cop the Fcuk on and stop these videos

If only some of these would put a quarter of the effort into their daily tasks as they do these stupid unnecessary videos

• Advertisement

Bambi wrote: »

Good call. Rory’s stories will def get on this

And of course “the 2 johnnies”

Have at it lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Allinall

Happy to hear the dingle coast guard have prompted management to tell them to cop the Fcuk on and stop these videos

If only some of these would put a quarter of the effort into their daily tasks as they do these stupid unnecessary videos

What more do you think the Dingle coastguard could do in their daily tasks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Management have said videos can still be made

Management have said videos can still be made

Yeah once they film their section on their own. So...actually taking heed of the restrictions and not going off doing their own reckless unnecessary thing like other clowns have done.

Yeah once they film their section on their own. So...actually taking heed of the restrictions and not going off doing their own reckless unnecessary thing like other clowns have done.

Good position to hold.... calling coastguards clowns..

Good position to hold.... calling coastguards clowns..

“In between is mine” - it’s quite simple. Anyone who disregards the restrictions for NO good reason are clowns in my book.

I say this with vulnerable family and friends who’ve been taking the restrictions SERIOUSLY since March last year.

Stupid viral dance videos are not good reason to abandon restrictions

“In between is mine” - it’s quite simple. Anyone who disregards the restrictions for NO good reason are clowns in my book.

I say this with vulnerable family and friends who’ve been taking the restrictions SERIOUSLY since March last year.

You're being deliberately facetious here, you know full well that the Gardai and other front line workers take the pandemic very seriously indeed, ...the woe is me handwringing post is poor...2/10

Good call. Rory’s stories will def get on this

And of course “the 2 johnnies”

Have at it lads.

I said already that he already did it

Here it is for you to enjoy.

You seem like such great craic. I'd love to hear your podcasts or see your You Tube channel.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

Obviously the yellow didn't get your attention - do not post in this thread again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭amber2

Do some of these coastguard volunteers not go out training or working together anyways, they are all from Dingle. They don’t look to be any closer to any other volunteer out on a road doing the video as they would be inside in a supermarket doing an essential shop.

I wouldn’t refer to any one of these people, volunteers, that go out and risk their lives to save lives as clowns. A tad disrespectful to even put the word in the same sentence.

Advertisement