Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Dance Video *Mod Warning in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,463 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Newstalk discussing this matter right now

People ringing in complaining about the video being made whilst crimes are being committed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Allinall

murpho999 wrote: »

People ringing in complaining about the video being made whilst crimes are being committed.

One fellow that hung up as soon as an opposing view, supporting the gardai was aired.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Just dont watch it, end of. Crimes are always gonna crime no mater what.

Allinall wrote: »
    One fellow that hung up as soon as an opposing view, supporting the gardai was aired.

Yes he was outraged as his friend's house was burgled whilst they were dancing on the beach.

He was a total drainer

• Site Banned Posts: 109 ✭✭iagreebut

It's great alright, entertainer's and musicians all over the country locked down and unable to entertain and it's suggested that we are all supposed to glorify front line workers who are supposedly civil servants out prancing around the highways, biways, headland's, national monuments and beaches that we the people are banned from.

I'm all for everyone to enjoy themselves and a night out in Copperface Jack's is the place for that...

Comedians are getting plenty of fodder for show's in the future...

I could care less what they do, but it's quite easy to complain about the hypocrisy, or you could say it's a good thing, and our overlord's have once again underlined the naive, and played into the hands of negative press.

But sure bad news and opinions sells better than good news right.

Anyhow I'm off now to bring back Buck's Fizz

Go making your mind up :)

• Advertisement

iagreebut wrote: »
    It's great alright, entertainer's and musicians all over the country locked down and unable to entertain and it's suggested that we are all supposed to glorify front line workers who are supposedly civil servants out prancing around the highways, biways, headland's, national monuments and beaches that we the people are banned from.

I'm all for everyone to enjoy themselves and a night out in Copperface Jack's is the place for that...

I could care less what they do, but it's quite easy to complain about the hypocrisy, or you could say it's a good thing, and our overlord's have once again underlined the naive, and played into the hands of negative press.

People are not banned from them if you're within the 5km limit so the Gardai were not breaking the rules.

Also why do you keep using apostrophes for plurals?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

being that sad and joyless that even if you disagree with something that brings a bit of joy to many you try to destroy it ,

I mean even if you have some political motivation or a personal issue, maybe your wife or girlfriend ran off with a garda whatever ????

but to try to sabotage something like that a t a time like this boggles the mind

it would make you despair for humanity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

The best bit was when they nabbed the guy for walking by himself on the beach and then went on to do a dance on the beach themselves*
    Hypocrisy?

*may not have been on the same day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

The best bit was when they nabbed the guy for walking by himself on the beach and then went on to do a dance on the beach themselves*
    Hypocrisy?

or the same gardai or the same beach or within his 5 k ……..

I hope gsoc were nice enough to you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Hypocrisy?

the lad who was out side his 5 k ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

The people "triggered" buy this, are I'd wager the very people the Gardai are dealing with day in day out.

Fantasic showcase of Ireland in these sh1t times too.

Exactly.

The first thing that springs to the mind of the bitchers is "taxpayer's money, blah blah". That's even if this was done during working hours.

If this video goes viral and a bunch of people around the world say "wow, Ireland looks nice. I'm going there once this covid crap is done with" will the bitchers complain about that tourist revenue?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

murpho999 wrote: »

If they rang the Guards about these crimes instead then they'd have had no time to go make videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

iagreebut wrote: »

You could care less?

Your first post includes the biggest grammatical fcuk up in the history of the galaxy.

If they rang the Guards about these crimes instead then they'd have had no time to go make videos.

It was confirmed on the programme that all the Gardai made the videos in their own time. One who took part rang in and said it took 10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,571 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Hypocrisy?

Yeah that didn't happen.

The lad they moved on from a beach, they then met him on another beach an hour later. And that happened in Cork, not Kerry.
    Gardaí in Midleton say they spoke to a driver at Garryvoe beach who had travelled over 20km without a reasonable excuse.

Gardaí say they engaged with the man who agreed to go straight home, however they spoke to him again shortly afterwards at Ardnahinch beach.

https://www.redfm.ie/news/coronavirus/man-fined-at-cork-beach-for-breaking-5km-travel-limit/?cmpredirect

He was fined for breaching COVID19 rules.

Can't believe people aren't over a video yet. Lockdown can affect your perspective, I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Looks like those not liking the video are out of luck :pac:

The Garda Ombudsman will not be investigating members of An Garda Síochána for participating in the Jerusalema dance video after members of the public lodged complaints against them...

The complaints came despite GSOC retweeting the garda dance video, and also posting: “We’d like to confirm that GSOC will NOT be taking any complaints about these dancers. Nice moves.”
    https://www.independent.ie/news/garda-ombudsman-receives-complaints-from-members-of-public-about-jerusalema-dance-video-40074036.html

I get that some dont like the video despite the reason it was done and the massive number of hits and likes it has recieved - yet some can be still so miserable about it. Like them or otherwise - Gardai are just people doing a very hard fekin job.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 149 ✭✭BiggJim

It would suit them better to catch criminals and nevermind making stupid dance videos.

BiggJim wrote: »
    It would suit them better to catch criminals and nevermind making stupid dance videos.

They can do that too. Its not mutually exclusive....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Cringy

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

See how half the people are giving out about the videos and the other half are saying "where's the harm? It's a bit of fun"? Ever get the feeling that that's the real point?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭opinionated3

gozunda wrote: »
    Looks like those not liking the video are out of luck :pac:

https://www.independent.ie/news/garda-ombudsman-receives-complaints-from-members-of-public-about-jerusalema-dance-video-40074036.html

I get that some dont like the video despite the reason it was done and the massive number of hits and likes it has recieved - yet some can be still so miserable about it. Like them or otherwise - Gardai are just people doing a very hard fekin job.

Sorry but it's not a " very hard fekin job". I hate it when that line is thrown out there every now and again...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭kaymin

gozunda wrote: »
    They can do that too. Its not mutually exclusive....

Except they don't and that's coming from someone that raised a complaint with the Garda Ombudsman as a result of which they are investigating gardai for neglect of duty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

kaymin wrote: »
    Except they don't and that's coming from someone that raised a complaint with the Garda Ombudsman as a result of which they are investigating gardai for neglect of duty.
    I'd say that you are great fun on a night out. First to the draw at Bingo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

I’ve said it before but I’ll say it again; people in this country need to seriously seriously lighten up. Not everything in life has to be doom and gloom. Constantly whinging and moaning is not good for anyone.

Any right thinking person can see that this was just about having a bit of craic which the Gardai are perfectly entitled to do. They do a tough job, they’re allowed down time.

We could all do with a little relaxation and fun at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

Ah but they do. Your case, if you have one (obviously it needs to be investigated and verified) is just one instance. It’s not indicative of the conduct of the organisation as a whole.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭kaymin

Ah but they do. Your case, if you have one (obviously it needs to be investigated and verified) is just one instance. It’s not indicative of the conduct of the organisation as a whole.

GSOC have admitted my case based on what I've told them and they are verifying what I have said which is 100% truthful. It's not an isolated incident - I raised it separately 3 times, in two Garda stations and with a superintendent and received the same dismissive response. It is neglect of duty and I'm confident that GSOC will conclude it as such.

For context the Irish authorities have imprisoned someone for the same crime I have been a victim of on foot of an extradition warrant from the US where they will stand trial

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭notabogsnotion

I'm Irish born and bred but live in London. I've just been discharged Monday from a hospital where I was assaulted by security guards for asking for PRN (patient requests as required) anti-emetics. London hospital. It was one of the first things that came up on my facebook feed when I got home and I started to cry. I desperately miss the Irish people. Don't always criticise your own. There's worse out there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭notabogsnotion

I can assure you that the gardai are not ***** compared to other nations (UK).

• Advertisement

GSOC have admitted my case based on what I've told them and they are verifying what I have said which is 100% truthful. It's not an isolated incident - I raised it separately 3 times, in two Garda stations and with a superintendent and received the same dismissive response. It is neglect of duty and I'm confident that GSOC will conclude it as such.

For context the Irish authorities have imprisoned someone for the same crime I have been a victim of on foot of an extradition warrant from the US where they will stand trial

Yes It's perfectly possible for an individual to raise a complaint without jumping overboard and claiming that the gardai can't "catch criminals" - which they clearly do btw and on a regular basis and also do a once off video to help cheer people up. If you don't like the video - fine.

Its a big organisation, its not without its own issues, however tarring everyone in the gardai because of one incident is not exactly rational imho.

Advertisement