Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Dance Video *Mod Warning in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

The people complaining about the complaints are getting way more emotional and upset about the whole thing then the original people complaining.

Is it not meant to be a fun thing, why not concentrate on that rather then complaining.

And now I am complaining about the complaints about the complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,984 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

There are alot of very talented people in AGS who had previous occupations like you used to have. In fact one of the female gardai in the video at the Garda college was in riverdance. There is no funding for this, it would be done voluntarily and on breaks. Now good luck and goodbye.

Not a chance was this done with no funding.

I'm not against it having funding but it's just ill informed and naive to think otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Green Peter

I've another possible angle on this.

As TV is still being made, that obviously is considered an essential service. Movies are being made, sports being filmed etc.

So, if they hired a professional production company, then, I guess, the Gardaí would be essential workers for that production.

Then it wouldn't matter if they are on or off duty as regards to covid restrictions.

Just a thought.
    I am assuming that they thought this through.

My god you really are a genius

The people complaining about the complaints are getting way more emotional and upset about the whole thing then the original people complaining.

Is it not meant to be a fun thing, why not concentrate on that rather then complaining.

And now I am complaining about the complaints about the complaints.

The level of vitriol and personal attacks are off the scale.
    I'm not even against this video and I've come under attack for not loving it no matter what, it seems.
    It's pretty horrible how people are being attacked for having a different view (even if it's not a contrary one).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Except it's not.
    It has multiple locations all over the country.
    Large numbers of people involved.
    Loads of high quality drone footage.
    Real camera operators. Steady cam. Horses.
    This was professionally made and probably took weeks to put together.

complete and total rubbish .

its not as if there was a case and crew moved from location to location , Drones horses and people are all already garda resources

not a steady cam used

if you worked in tv it might have been during transition year work experience

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭PHG

Would the Russian, Chinese or Indian police do this? No of course not. Nor most of Eastern Europe or Middle East.

Its another symptom of the decline and esmaculation of Western Europe. Then they wonder why the countries above have taken over and Western Europe is in decline unable to serve it's citizens or even replace itself with rapidly decling birth rate.

The Kinahan cartel will be laughing in their Dubai and Spanish mansions

Well didn't you take that on a tangent. Would you rather our police or those "friendly Russian and Chinese:.

To equate this video to the decline and emasculated in society is o conspiracy theory level and shows you have **** all else to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭KaneToad

There are alot of very talented people in AGS who had previous occupations like you used to have. In fact one of the female gardai in the video at the Garda college was in riverdance. There is no funding for this, it would be done voluntarily and on breaks. Now good luck and goodbye.

There is a cost to this. It was borne by the state. Participation would be voluntarily but unlikely to be on breaks...eg how did the personnel get to the locations?

It was a good idea. But a little excessive. Wouldn't like to see similar again.

Not the end of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Moan, whinge, give out. Cop on.
    It's a bit of lighthearted fun during g a **** time for most.

Would hate to be as unhappy and miserable as some people on here.
    Give over ffs.

THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I just don't get it. A bit of fun? What's the gain out of it? If it was some charity raising gimmick I could get on board with it. Maybe I'm the wrong generation. I do find it slightly annoying that we never see a Garda car patrolling where we live, despite burglaries, but yet they have time to construct this video??

They did it at lunch time - you know burglars have to eat lunch also?

mynamejeff wrote: »

its not as if there was a case and crew moved from location to location , Drones horses and people are all already garda resources

not a steady cam used

Your posting style is extremely rude.
    Your grasp of civility and basic manners is non existent.

Do you behave like this in conversation in real life?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Musta cost a fortune what with the ol' helimechopper flying all about scaring the sheep.

Would the Russian, Chinese or Indian police do this? No of course not. Nor most of Eastern Europe or Middle East.

Its another symptom of the decline and esmaculation of Western Europe. Then they wonder why the countries above have taken over and Western Europe is in decline unable to serve it's citizens or even replace itself with rapidly decling birth rate.

The Kinahan cartel will be laughing in their Dubai and Spanish mansions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_-j1fukthE Russian police dance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT0bpueds3k Chinese police dance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhuPy_heilw Indian police dance

google isn't hard to work , loads of American ones too if you want and they are shooting defenceless people daily according to some

• Registered Users Posts: 8,377 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Does anyone know if there's a Swiss version of Boards AH ?

Also, it not "what about the homeless " ?

Its " wirra bou' de 'omeless" ? Screeched by some slaphead wearing a hi viz jacket and stupid looking fcukin' hat.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

I was just watching it earlier.

I think it's a bit of fun, I loved the horses side stepping.

* Nerd Alert* The side stepping is “ lateral movement “ and the backwards is “ reining back” both of which the horses might need to do “ on the beat “ but also helps keep the horse supple .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭recyclops

Nice to see a social media video of the guards that isn't some dragged up little runt shouting abuse at them while also filming them for the audacity of pulling them up for whatever law they are breaking on that given day so that when they go to court for the mental damages they get a lovely pay-out.

you feel offended by some one pointing out when your not telling the truth ?

you must be offended a lot

ok report me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

Except it's not.

I‘m going to have to disagree with almost every single statement you‘ve just made. Insinuating that this is somehow a large scale professional production doesn‘t hold up to any close scrutiny.
    It has multiple locations all over the country.

Rumour has it that there are actually gardaí outside of Dublin ;)

Large numbers of people involved.

And? I fail to see the significance of this.

Loads of high quality drone footage.

Any consumer drone from a DJI Spark onwards can produce that type of video quality, nowadays even affordable lightweight drones such as the DJI Mini 2 offer gimbal-stabilised cameras, 4k resolution and operating ranges of up to 10 kilometers. No professionals required, just someone who knows their drone.

Real camera operators. Steady cam. Horses.

Leaving out the hoofed participants for a moment, once again, all of this can be produced with consumer products, without recourse to broadcast-grade equipment. First of all, steady-cam like footage can easily be achieved with consumer-grade gimbals costing no more than 300-600€

Secondly, you don‘t even need a dedicated camera. Any decent iPhone or upper-tier Android smartphone can produce footage that is effectively indistinguishable from professionally made footage. If you‘re using an iPhone as a camera, the cost of a gimbal falls below the 100€ mark.
    This was professionally made and probably took weeks to put together.

I‘ll agree with the latter part of that statement, though I presume most of that was spent on planning and editing/post production.

As for the former part, if by professionally made you mean it was done by someone who knew what they were doing, then yes, this would be professionally made. I‘ll have to disagree with the assertion that this somehow involved a production company. As an amateur videographer, I have 90% of the equipment needed for such a production sitting on my shelves, as well as having FCP X and Motion installed on my Mac.

I get a feeling that you don‘t appreciate just how much of an effect YouTube has had on the availability of professional-grade tools for „normal“ everyday people. From cameras to gimbals/steadycam setups to drone to complete wireless microphone solutions (Rode Wireless Go, Sennheiser XSW to name just two) and professional editing software, the amount of stuff available for the average joe these days is mind-boggling. With a few favours being called in here and there amongst friends and colleagues, I think it is highly likely that this was done on a relative shoestring budget.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

some of the positive value of this

https://twitter.com/donnamalone21

you feel offended by some one pointing out when your not telling the truth ?

you must be offended a lot

ok report me

You don't know how much it cost any more than I do. Don't accuse me of lying, please.

You have a different opinion. Would it kill you to express it in a civil manner?

Does being extremely rude and uncivil give you a little buzz.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

You don't know how much it cost any more than I do. Don't accuse me of lying, please.

You have a different opinion. Would it kill you to express it in a civil manner?

Ha! What a way to make it all about you!

Poor thing ye.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Green Peter

The sooner schools are back the better!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

recyclops wrote: »
    Nice to see a social media video of the guards that isn't some dragged up little runt shouting abuse at them while also filming them for the audacity of pulling them up for whatever law they are breaking on that given day so that when they go to court for the mental damages they get a lovely pay-out.

I think its fabulous !! Anyone who cant see it for the feel good bit of craic must be a right moany groany
    It gave me a lovely lift on a grey day anyway !

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭notsoyoungwan

Oh I just knew the permanently outraged anti-Gardai crowd would be frothing about this. So predictable.

I feel so sorry for the Gardai. At the best of times they deal with horrific things- RTAs, suicides, homicides etc, they’re in life-threatening situations with people more heavily armed than they are, plus they have the smart-arse anti-establishment brigade who stick a camera in their faces when they are just doing their job. This video is positive community engagement. What’s wrong with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Heartwarming to see that the begrudgery for which the country is (in)famous for, is alive and well. God bless Mother Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Pages and pages of excuses for AGS and not one person even tried to dispute my post about all of the restrictions that the Garda broke.

It’s no wonder we get rode by politicians in this country. It used to be the church. The willingness to take the knee to those deemed to be above us and excuse them anything is unbelievable.

*mod snip*

• Registered Users Posts: 30,534 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Oh I just knew the permanently outraged anti-Gardai crowd would be frothing about this. So predictable.

I feel so sorry for the Gardai. At the best of times they deal with horrific things- RTAs, suicides, homicides etc, they’re in life-threatening situations with people more heavily armed than they are, plus they have the smart-arse anti-establishment brigade who stick a camera in their faces when they are just doing their job. This video is positive community engagement. What’s wrong with that?

Somebody recorded a clip of them recording this out a window last week and of course the outrage, rough crowd were on it straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Allinall

Pages and pages of excuses for AGS and not one person even tried to dispute my post about all of the restrictions that the Garda broke.

It’s no wonder we get rode by politicians in this country. It used to be the church. The willingness to take the knee to those deemed to be above us and excuse them anything is unbelievable.

One set of rules and laws for the plebs and another set for their “betters”. Do as I say, not as I do feral scum, and know your place.

Maybe, just maybe it's you who is out of step with public opinion.

Keep fighting the good fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

My favourite bit from this video was the car at the start with the Swiss reg. Subtle. :)

But what was the deal with the music? Everybody saying how great the video is for promoting Irish landscapes/scenery, yet they can't get anything Irish on it as background music? I'm not even saying it had to be diddly-eye trad music, but it could have been by an Irish artist. (Maybe they're all too busy these days...) :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Cheap shots like you just did to me there. Pot/kettle/black eh!

You think that time could not be invested more wisely??

6 stabbings in one day in Dublin/ several deaths maybe a anti knife taskforce?

Nah let's make stupid tik tok videos dancing like trained monkeys.

No I'm not a misery junkie whatever that is I'm tired and perhaps contrary as I'm tired but my point is valid.

These garda's time should be better used, anyone with more than one braincell knows this.

I'm saying dancing around like eejits is not appropriate during lockdown. Especially with people killing themselves.

Tone down the hysteria please, this is not the forum for you to soapbox in

not a steady cam used

beer revolu, this is the second warning you're receiving for bickering, don't post in this thread again.

mynamejeff - cop on and put the poster on ignore instead of responding in the same manner.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Allinall wrote: »
    Maybe, just maybe it's you who is out of step with public opinion.

Keep fighting the good fight.

You are right, I'm out of step by being annoyed at taxpayer money being wasted and Gardai breaking covid restrictions.

From the institution that brought us the Maurice McCabe scandal, the penalty points scandal, re-arresting young women who had escaped from Mother and Child homes, money going missing from evidence rooms around the country, the Morris Tribunal, the Smithwick tribunal and they're just the ones we found out about!!!

But sure look at them dance. :rolleyes:

Advertisement