Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Dance Video *Mod Warning in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

My favourite bit from this video was the car at the start with the Swiss reg. Subtle. :)

But what was the deal with the music? Everybody saying how great the video is for promoting Irish landscapes/scenery, yet they can't get anything Irish on it as background music? I'm not even saying it had to be diddly-eye trad music, but it could have been by an Irish artist. (Maybe they're all too busy these days...) :rolleyes:
    It seems that the same music is being used in every clip....

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=jerusalema+dance+challenge+music

https://youtu.be/gYhm6PCUtSg

Sorry, cant get the videos to embed using the YT tab

• Registered Users Posts: 22,304 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Wonder how many wouldn't have taken part without a mask?

"Jaysus no that wasn't me it was some other lad in a Garda uniform shure I wouldn't be into that sorta craic at all!"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

These videos have been done to death, the first one was fun and original, now it's just sad. And a waste of time and money not to mention unprofessional. Funny how the private sector managed to steer clear of such childish nonsense. Open Coppers quick.

You are right, I'm out of step by being annoyed at taxpayer money being wasted and Gardai breaking covid restrictions.

From the institution that brought us the Maurice McCabe scandal, the penalty points scandal, re-arresting young women who had escaped from Mother and Child homes, money going missing from evidence rooms around the country, the Morris Tribunal, the Smithwick tribunal and they're just the ones we found out about!!!

But sure look at them dance. :rolleyes:

Ah but they're great when they're shooting immigrants eh??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,025 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

You are right, I'm out of step by being annoyed at taxpayer money being wasted and Gardai breaking covid restrictions.

From the institution that brought us the Maurice McCabe scandal, the penalty points scandal, re-arresting young women who had escaped from Mother and Child homes, money going missing from evidence rooms around the country, the Morris Tribunal, the Smithwick tribunal and they're just the ones we found out about!!!

A few regular rank gardai doing a bit of a dance isn't really that big of a deal.

Seriously.

Relax.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Where did they break restrictions??
    Most were filmed in or around garda stations.
    Tralee garda station is 3km from Blennerville in Kerry.
    Can you show us how they broke the rules?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,857 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Harmless but not really my thing personally. Don't get the outage but don't get the adoration either.

Meh would be my summary, but each to their own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭keepalive213

zzzzzzz is this really newsworthy?Try cheesy, borderline slightly embarrassing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

already pointed out that there was very little money used and which regulations were broken ?

the rest of your post is relevant to this thread how ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,260 ✭✭✭pgj2015

I just don't get it. A bit of fun? What's the gain out of it? If it was some charity raising gimmick I could get on board with it. Maybe I'm the wrong generation. I do find it slightly annoying that we never see a Garda car patrolling where we live, despite burglaries, but yet they have time to construct this video??

are you sure they didn't pass by when you weren't looking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,421 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

God forbid someone have a bit of safe craic in these dark times. Fair play to the Gardai.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Green Peter

pgj2015 wrote: »
    are you sure they didn't pass by when you weren't looking?

What's that saying "People Sleep Peacefully in Their Beds at Night Only Because Rough Men Stand Ready to Do Violence on Their Behalf"
    Might not be politically correct anymore but its true. I bet the sun only gets up when they do as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

Jaysus, some people would really need to get over themselves, is there any joy or a bit of fun in your lives at all? :confused:

Yes! Which is why we don't need to rely on our law enforcement personnel to provide it for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

bubblypop wrote: »
    Ah but they're great when they're shooting immigrants eh??

The Gardai shoot very few people, and only when there is a threat to life. Your agenda is transparent.

A few regular rank gardai doing a bit of a dance isn't really that big of a deal.

Seriously.

Relax.

A few regular people having a walk outside isn’t really that big of a deal, but the Gardai will fine you for it,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

People saying that they have no problem as long as it was done out of work hours are completely wrong in my opinion.

This is the equivalent of corporate social responsibility in the public sector and if it endears them to even a few people it is worth it. It's an important part of policing in my opinion, similar to when Gardai visit schools, have coffee mornings etc.

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Where did they break restrictions??
    Most were filmed in or around garda stations.
    Tralee garda station is 3km from Blennerville in Kerry.
    Can you show us how they broke the rules?

no social/family gatherings should take place in other settings

people may meet with people from one other household in outdoor settings when taking exercise

people will be required to stay at home except for travel for work, education or other essential purposes, and will be permitted to take exercise within 5km of home

no organised outdoor events should take place

Individual training only. No exercise or dance classes. No indoor or outdoor gatherings involving “individual training”.

no indoor or outdoor exercise group activities including those involving children should take place.

All of the above.

mynamejeff wrote: »
    already pointed out that there was very little money used and which regulations were broken ?

the rest of your post is relevant to this thread how ?

You’ve guessed that there was no money used.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Some great other examples of this challenge on you tube this the best :)

https://youtu.be/TH4V-yHbJXk

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭lucalux

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Some great other examples of this challenge on you tube this the best :)

https://youtu.be/TH4V-yHbJXk

Jaysus I'm a misanthropic grump at the best of times, but that's genuinely cheering to see, they win hands down imo :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

lucalux wrote: »
    Jaysus I'm a misanthropic grump at the best of times, but that's genuinely cheering to see, they win hands down imo :)

Much better dancers. The little ones at the start are particularly cute.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

I've been following the Jerusalema Challenge videos on social media all through lockdown and this is just another one to add to my collection - but then I enjoy seeing other people have a bit of fun. I find it uplifting and joyful. Wellbeing at work is important, especially in stressful or tense occupations.

Plus it's a great showcase for Irelands beautiful scenery!

There will always be Dementors that suck the joy and soul out of life - but my patronas is strong and they won't affect my enjoyment of the little things.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Not worth the effort .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

no social/family gatherings should take place in other settings

people may meet with people from one other household in outdoor settings when taking exercise

people will be required to stay at home except for travel for work, education or other essential purposes, and will be permitted to take exercise within 5km of home

no organised outdoor events should take place

Individual training only. No exercise or dance classes. No indoor or outdoor gatherings involving “individual training”.

no indoor or outdoor exercise group activities including those involving children should take place.

All of the above.

They aren't family.
    I have asked how they have broken the travel limit?
    Not an event
    Not a dance class
    No children

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Sorcha Dhuisigh _She_Her_

Really underscores the total lack of diversity within the ranks of AGS. Didn't see one POC in the entire video. Not surprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

lucalux wrote: »

Have to say, I had no interest earlier but then got looking around, marvelous stuff and it cheered me up no end :)

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,048 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Fair play to them. A bit of fun to make up for them having to stand at checkpoints in pouring rain and snow the last few months

It would be better if the song wasn’t so dirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,534 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Really underscores the total lack of diversity within the ranks of AGS. Didn't see one POC in the entire video. Not surprising.

Well this lad was minding somebodies puppy!
    ?width=375&version=2847881

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

They should enter this in Britain got talent if it comes back.

Advertisement