Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SF Ban

• 02-02-2021 12:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭

Got banned for 3 months. Spoke with the mod who said he was upholding the decision

His reasoning for issuing the warning was
    Poster has made a genuine effort to explain their view it is not acceptable to further respond to tag the poster as contributing with racism.

That reads to me as this mod is ok with racism as long as poster explains the reasons for his racism. I'm not sure what was uncivil about what I said considering poster said a black person is only on TV to fulfill diversity quotas yet that's not deemed uncivil.

My last card in that forum was 7 months ago from the same mod which I was going to appeal but don't generally bother with these anymore but 3 months for calling out racism seems too much imo.

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,955 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Looking into this.

Hi RasTa,

To be clear, you were given a yellow card, which under the totting up rules in soccer means you are hit with the 3 month ban. Unfortunately you've been appearing on the radar in soccer too much.

I am going to uphold the yellow. While you can disagree with the points that were being made, you cannot start calling other posters racist (which is basically what you did). In fact others were able to do just this.

If you disagree with this decision then we can escalate to admin to review.

Cheers,
    awec

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Sounds like you are only upholding it because of mods. Please expand on this radar? You're reasoning is a bit weak for upholding this tbh.

I would like an admin review. We used to joke about storm front on here but it seems now the site has become it judging by the multicultural thread on the site and it's a shame to see it's now allowed on soccer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I also never called this poster racist despite what you claim

Can an admin please review this one?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,740 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I have reviewed this.

It is clear you were calling the poster racist - you describe him as having traits that make someone a racist, then call it racism. I don't think that even qualifies as an implication that you were calling the other person racist, it's about as direct as you can be without saying the words "you're a racist" and trying to box clever by hiding behind the fact that you did not say those words is disingenuous at best.

If you have an issue with a post that you believe contains racism, it is also not for you to deal with by calling that. It is for the moderators to deal with posts that may be racist. You could as has been pointed out, engaged in the discussion points rather than resorting to making personal attacks on the other members. This is typically referred to as playing the ball and not the man here. You essentially took the man and ball as one and have therefore justifiably picked up a yellow card, leading to a ban.

In the future, if you believe posts are problematic, report the posts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement