Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCTV Cams from UK and customs duty

Options
  • 02-02-2021 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm trying to check custom duty for CCTV cams ( value> €150) ordered in the UK.
    I found some subcodes to 8525 in the TARIC database for cameras for CCTV systems. It makes explicit reference to no more than 5megapixels.
    I'm wondering whether this is correct code?
    If so, up to 5 mp there seems to be no custom duty coming in from UK, but what about > 5mp cams, would that be 12% if not explicitly mentioned?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

The taric is 8/10 digits in length, use the BTI search tool to find it or ask the vendor. Also the country of origin will factor in the duty applied, more than likely it's china and not the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

What camera are you after?
    Rfconcepts are UK based and have decent prices but are in the north so less hassle customs wise!

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

Thanks both. I know the code is longer for the components, but that was the base code , below that are the specifics for the likes or of recorder or camera. I was only curious in case anyone here knew how that classification works.
    I have reached out to the vendor and they admit they are struggling understanding it all...
    I car hikvision system and am looking for some specific cams to extend/replace.
    I could have them shipped to the north and then get them down private...

Advertisement