Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Court Summons

Options
  • 02-02-2021 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey this is my first post

I have a court summons and I am wondering for the offense should I go to a solicitor? I'm not very well off and I'm not sure if something like this warrants one. Especially since its my first offense

I have a court summons for possession of herb, however I had such a small amount I am nearly sure it only warrants a fine. I explicitly stated what I had that day was not mine but admitted to holding it. it's been 5 months since otherwise i've been searched countless of times with nothing including by the same guard who specifically kept asking about my court summons since

I should also point out the entire back of my summons of statutory service by registed post / in person is completely empty and not signed by anyone. Are they obligated to sign it? should I go to the station to get it signed?

The reason I'm slightly worried I'm going to be looking for a job pretty soon, my friend has had an EU travel restriction a fine and community service on top of it in the past for not much more. I could really do without community service and a record looking for a job

Should I consult a solicitor for something like this, or would I be fine without?

I would much appreciate if anyone can shed some light for me on this

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

The forum charter prohibits threads seeking legal advice and specifically threads about being caught with drugs.

If you require legal advice, please engage the services of a legal professional.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement