If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG OLED65CX5LB

Options
  • 02-02-2021 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭

There was a £200 off offer which I have missed by a day but it also says while promotional stocks last.  Is the promo code still usable?

The product page says Freeview is not available in the republic.  Does this mean the set somehow refuses to display freeview satellite channels?  My current Panasonic plasma displays Freeview satellite channels without issue.

What is the difference between an LG OLED where the product code ends in LB vs one ending in LA?

TIA

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

cnocbui wrote: »
    There was a £200 off offer which I have missed by a day but it also says while promotional stocks last.  Is the promo code still usable?

The product page says Freeview is not available in the republic.  Does this mean the set somehow refuses to display freeview satellite channels?  My current Panasonic plasma displays Freeview satellite channels without issue.

What is the difference between an LG OLED where the product code ends in LB vs one ending in LA?

TIA
    Hi Cnocbui.

Thanks for the post.

Unfortunately the promo code has now finished and no longer works on our system.
    It was only on the sterling pricing and the Euro price still remains pretty close to the sterling minus the £200 promo code.
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204678-lg-oled65cx5lb-65-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-hd-freesat-hd.aspx

Freeview is not the same as Freesat.
    Freesat uses a satellite and will still work in the South Of Ireland (The EPG might not always show correctly though).
    Freeview is a UK broad cast network and not available in the South Of Ireland. Just liek Saorview is the South is a Southern Broad cast network and not available in Northern Ireland.

The LB and LA is the colour of the stand.
    We only stock the LB version.

I hope this is of help.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Ok, thanks, I'll go back to seeing if I can get someone on the continent to ship me one or wait for the next code.

Ok, thanks, I'll go back to seeing if I can get someone on the continent to ship me one or wait for the next code.
    Hi Cnocbui.

No problem at all.

Just in case you didn't ready my post correctly if you pay in Euro at 2349 Euro it is the same price as the £2299 minus the £200 voucher.
    So even though the voucher has finished (Which was only on the sterling price to begin with and not the Euro) the Euro price is still the same.

Thank you for the clarification.  I'll mull it over some more.

What about the Freeview bit - I presume these sets can receive freeview satellite channels via the inbuilt tuner?

• Advertisement

Thank you for the clarification.  I'll mull it over some more.
    No worries at all Cnocbui :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.