Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letting kids play outdoors

Options
  • 02-02-2021 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭

Right, don't know about anyone else but it's hard keeping your kids in when all they can hear kids having fun and playing outside. You are only young once.
    If they have spent 3 months from lockdown one inside and away from friends, how much do they have spend on this one?

Obviously letting into other people's houses is a no- no but if they just play outside for an hour and wash hands when they come in; is it that dangerous?

And -- seriously concerned about long term damage. We all have childhood memories - how much of them become quasi jail? stuck in while others were out enjoying themselves

Thoughts...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

My kids play outside in the front garden. Also I play with them on the road a bit. I don't actually know if either is not allowed under current guidelines, and frankly I'm not too interested in finding out.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,205 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

playgrounds are open, I dont think there is any suggestion that young kids cant be outside

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭JPup

Yes, playgrounds and parks are open. There is no restriction on children playing outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Right, don't know about anyone else but it's hard keeping your kids in when all they can hear kids having fun and playing outside.
    Thoughts...

Here's the guidelines:
    People are required to stay at home except for travel for work, education or other essential purposes, and will be permitted to take exercise within 5km of home.

People may meet with people from one other household in outdoor settings when taking exercise.

No indoor or outdoor exercise group activities, including those involving children, should take place.

Outdoor golf and tennis are not permitted.

Individual training only. No exercise or dance classes. No indoor or outdoor gatherings involving “individual training” except for professional and elite sports.

There's no age limit, presume it's the same for everyone regardless of age

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭JPup

Yes, you're not meant to mix with other families but no restriction on your children playing outside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭timeToLive

People are required to stay at home

Children are small people

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

timeToLive wrote: »

Stay at home, except for all the reasons you can leave your home :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

timeToLive wrote:

Except for exercise.
    timeToLive wrote:

Children playing is exercise. This is why playgrounds are still open

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

We visit playgrounds regularly with my son and he can play outside the house on the street with other kids as much as he likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,226 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

If you live in a say a relatively small area with the same few kids, there's no harm in allowing them mix as long as you know the parents of other kids are of the same mindset as you when it comes to approaching the virus. They're mixing less anyway compared to when in school.

• Advertisement
Advertisement