Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Monthly Portfolio Update

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Jackben75 wrote: »
    Personally stayed in top projects, Polkadot appears a gem, so i have a substantial amount invested, this of course is my opinion and not financial advice! The next ethereum, well on the way to surpassing my top gain, got in relatively early too.:pac:

I like a few others but won't go into the detail as i agree, do your own research. I am a software architect by day so i understand a lot of the whitepapers handy enough. My approach: find a project, CHECK Market capt and circulating supply (lower the better) check out the team (website), no team, no deal, anonymous team even worse!. Read the whitepaper, if i like, continue. Check out the code base, then compare against other similar projects as best you can. hTat is more or less it.

Coinmarket cap and coingecko is where i start, keep an eye on reddit, medium etc.

I think you should consider a Crypto Monthly Portfolio thread. Or perhaps I should just start reading more in the crypto section. Your method of analysis sounds solid at least. They are a tech play so understanding the underlying fundamentals definitely helps. It isn't research everyone can do so sharing it would add value to the forum. It's ultimately peoples own decisions what they do with that info.

If you are purchasing Pokadot you obviously aren't using coinbase.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Jackben75

cronos wrote: »
    I think you should consider a Crypto Monthly Portfolio thread. Or perhaps I should just start reading more in the crypto section. Your method of analysis sounds solid at least. They are a tech play so understanding the underlying fundamentals definitely helps. It isn't research everyone can do so sharing it would add value to the forum. It's ultimately peoples own decisions what they do with that info.

If you are purchasing Pokadot you obviously aren't using coinbase.

Hmm will think about it, very busy though. I am on coinbase but mostly use Binance and Kraken myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭Kilough

Hmm will think about it, very busy though. I am on coinbase but mostly use Binance and Kraken myself.

Definitely wouldn't be shy to post up picks. Lots of ppl picking duds and gems on the main share pick thread. To DYOR is a given.

I bought Polkadot when it dropped last week on Kraken, going to try stake it out if I get a chance over the wkend. Picked it primarily as its KR1 primary holding. Have small btc holding and some of the graph which has done well for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

Personally stayed in top projects, Polkadot appears a gem, so i have a substantial amount invested, this of course is my opinion and not financial advice! The next ethereum, well on the way to surpassing my top gain, got in relatively early too.:pac:

I like a few others but won't go into the detail as i agree, do your own research. I am a software architect by day so i understand a lot of the whitepapers handy enough. My approach: find a project, CHECK Market capt and circulating supply (lower the better) check out the team (website), no team, no deal, anonymous team even worse!. Read the whitepaper, if i like, continue. Check out the code base, then compare against other similar projects as best you can. hTat is more or less it.

Coinmarket cap and coingecko is where i start, keep an eye on reddit, medium etc.

Has Rose coin from Oasis crossed your path?
    The team behind seems good, particularly Dawn Song

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Jackben75

cc87 wrote: »
    Has Rose coin from Oasis crossed your path?
    The team behind seems good, particularly Dawn Song

Max supply is not for me, so no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

March 2021 ->
    image.png

Forgot to add my buys/sells from Feb to March.

SOLD:
    Profit: GASLOG LTD / OCUGEN INC. / SCOTTISH MORTGAGE INV.TR. PLC / NANO DIMENSION LTD. / FISKER INC / TEEKAY LNG PARTNERS / NIO / WELLS FARGO & COMPANY / BANK OF AMERICA CORPOR

Loss: 4D PHARMA PLC / REALTY INCOME CORPORAT / JAGUAR HEALTH INC. / NOKIA CORPORATION SPON / DEEPMATTER GROUP PLC

BOUGHT (NEW):
    Ebang international Holdings / SEELOS THERAPEUTICS INC / MIND MEDICINE (MINDMED) / Cloudflare / fuboTV /
    Super League Gaming / CRISPR Therapeutics AG / RED LIGHT HOLLAND CORP. / CIELO WASTE SOLUTIONS CORP / TONIX PHARMACEUTICALS / REVIVE THERAPEUTICS LTD / MYDECINE INNOVAT.GRP / VAXART

BOUGHT (ADDED TO POSITION):
    ARGO BLOCKCHAIN / PERSHING SQUARE TONTINE HOLDING / PALANTIR TECHNOLOGIES INC / PINE ISLAND ACQUISITION CORP. / TITAN MEDICAL INC.

BOUGHT BACK:
    NIO / AETERNA ZENTARIS INC

image.png

SOLD:
    Profit: Ebang international Holdings, SEELOS THERAPEUTICS INC, Super League Gaming
    Loss: VAXART

BOUGHT (NEW):
    UNITY / Suncoke Energy / QUANTUMSCAPE CORP / Lemonade / Lumen Technologies / VICTORY SQUARE TECHS / Desktop Metal / Skillz

BOUGHT (ADDED TO POSITION):
    PALANTIR TECHNOLOGIES INC / fuboTV / RED LIGHT HOLLAND CORP. / Aeterna Zentaris

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭jams100

551925.png

Monthly Performance (April):
    Portfolio +2.0%
    S&P500 +5.0%
    Nasdaq +5.4%

YTD Performance:
    Portfolio +15.2%
    S&P500 +11.0%
    Nasdaq +7.8%

Buys
    1. Boeing
    2. Covanta
    3. AT&T
    4. Associated British Foods

Sells
    1. Mastercard
    2. Opendoor
    3. WasteManagement
    4. Skillz
    5. Fortinet (Half)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,419 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Portfolio -6.4%
    S&P500 +5.0%
    Nasdaq +5.4%

YTD Performance:
    Portfolio +8.2%
    S&P500 +11.0%
    Nasdaq +7.8%

Buys
    1. Mode
    2. Invitae
    3. Twitter

Sells
    1. Docusign

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭OEP

You've doubled down on your crimes against data visualisation by moving to 3D pie charts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

only three holdings

IRES reit = up 14.8% YTD

Hibernia reit = up 1.85% YTD

Amazon = up 8.48% YTD

no trades this month or last month bar buying a end of may call in royal dutch shell which i bought three days ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,495 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Portfolio -3.3%
    S&P500 +5.0%
    Nasdaq +5.4%

YTD Performance:
    Portfolio -3.4%
    S&P500 +11.0%
    Nasdaq +7.8%

Buys
    PLUG
    Coupang
    QS
    LMND
    CLOV
    BCLI

Sells
    CLOV
    BABA
    Slack - exited fully

57a4be8ccee885646afccdfcada31c80.png

87abe2434207461641318ef6042dc0f7.png

OEP wrote: »
    You've doubled down on your crimes against data visualisation by moving to 3D pie charts!

Yeah, painful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Monthly Performance:
    January +10%
    February +10%
    March +0.5%
    April +4%

YTD Performance:
    Portfolio +27%
    S&P500 +11.0%

April Buys
    COIN (new)
    XRP (new)
    BTC
    ETH

Sells
    none

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭p to the e

What people should do as a project (I've done it myself in the past) is you should compare your gains/losses in one year's time of actively trading against what if you just stayed with the stocks you purchased at the start of year and never traded them. Or even compare it against some index e.g. S&P 500. Sometimes it can show you just how favourable passive investing is over the long term.

554362.png

Monthly Performance (May):
    Portfolio -0.8%
    S&P500 +0.6%
    Nasdaq -1.5%

YTD Performance:
    Portfolio +14.4%
    S&P500 +11.5%
    Nasdaq +6.9%

Buys
    Medical Properties Trust (New)
    VF Corp (New)
    Brookfield Renewable
    4D Pharma

Sells
    None

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Chuckie_Egg

Nothing much to report, sold out of Cocrystal Pharma @$2.95 a speculative punt, started a new speculative position in Fate Therapeutics @$72. Been trading in and out of Bank of Ireland and Deliveroo from cash I added to my pf
    The Ax is hanging over Baba now, I'll watch it for now but if the loss goes below 12% then it's getting the chop

Main positions ~ 80% of my PF
    (Current gains/losses)

Intel (26%)
    Exxon Mobile (54%)
    Skyworks Solutions (14%)
    UCB sa (18%)
    Shanghai Henlius Biotech (10.5%)
    Aryzta (194%)
    Volkswagen (68%)
    Baba (-5.4%)
    Intellia Therapeutics (23%)

Crsprs (~5% of my PF)

Editas Medicine (-26%)
    Applied Genetic Technologies Corp (-38%)
    Beam Therapeutics (-7%)
    Vascular Biogenics LtdD (-4%)
    Fate Therapeutics (27%)

Current Speculative holdings (~4% of my PF)
    spacs
    HighCape Capital Acquisition Corp (-14%)

Winston Gold corp (22%)
    AbCellera Biologics (-3%)
    Edesa Biotech (25%)
    BowLeven Plc (55%)

Cash back up to over 11% now

Monthly Performance:
    January +10%
    February +10%
    March +0.5%
    April +4%
    May -12%

YTD Performance:
    Portfolio +12.0%
    S&P500 +13.6%

May Buys
    ETH
    BTC

Sells
    none

Crypto part of my portfolio (~25% overall) almost halved at one stage earlier in the month but high volatility is to be expected with riskier assets like that

May Performance:
    Shedite -8.9%
    S&P500 +0.6%

YTD Performance:
    Portfolio -1/4%
    S&P500 +13.6%

May Buys
    Polkadot
    Enthusiast Gaming $EGLX

Sells
    none

Looked like it would be a lot rougher mid-month, with a bit of a recovery at the end

Monthly Performance (May):
    Portfolio -4.8%
    S&P500 +0.6%
    Nasdaq -1.5%

YTD Performance:
    Portfolio -8.2%
    S&P500 +11.9%
    Nasdaq +6.7%

Buys
    QS
    CPNG
    FSLY
    LMND
    FROG
    PLUG
    UWMC

Sells - none

8de427377d6f7b1b656721bc24d20a65.png

3d4a11140eafc365ccb746904ee89186.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

554700.png

May was not a good month.
    General drop in the market, then LOTZ, ARRY, MILE dropping considerably. Crypto didn't help either but only small losses there.

Showing signs of a recovery over the last week or two. Not sure we are past the worst of it yet but theres light there.

$AI has been impressive, up 30% in about two weeks. We'll see how earnings go this week.

Added:
    AI
    More DDDD
    More LOTZ
    More ARRY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

jams100 wrote: »
    4D Pharma

Opened a position yesterday. Think this found bottom and is going to retrace above 100 again.

What pitiful returns. You lads need to look at the crypto market! Riskier but potential is vast.
    Fair play and all that. However this year alone i invested in 5 crypto projects, the worst performing has returned 6X and the best performing project has returned 43X. Taking profits along the way and reinvesting. Confident the bull market continues well into next year, Coinbase being officially listed in the coming weeks, potential is enormous. Best decision i ever made!! Just saying....but good luck, perhaps it was disrespectful to comment on this thread so sorry about that.

:pac: :pac: :pac:

Some posts age better than others. I've had some bad picks, we all do but a 1-2% return per month was not / is not "pitiful"

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dragon74

I am sitting on 4D pharma for a while - and it has taken a big hit over last couple of months..
    Remind me again why this is a good long-term hold? Losing the will....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭crushproof

dragon74 wrote: »
    I am sitting on 4D pharma for a while - and it has taken a big hit over last couple of months..
    Remind me again why this is a good long-term hold? Losing the will....

Haha likewise, I've held since November and have been told regularly sicne that it would break out very soon. Despite the pop back up today I'm still below my BEP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

crushproof wrote: »
    Haha likewise, I've held since November and have been told regularly sicne that it would break out very soon. Despite the pop back up today I'm still below my BEP.

I've a 1% position myself at BEP $10.50. I'm happy enough to run with it long term.

557612.png

Monthly Performance (June):
    Portfolio +4.6%
    S&P500 +2.9%
    Nasdaq +5.6%

YTD Performance:
    Portfolio +19%
    S&P500 +14.4%
    Nasdaq +12.5%

Buys
    Associated British Foods (Added to position)
    Unum Corp (Added to position)
    Wells Fargo (Added to position)
    Volkswagen (Added to position)

Sells
    Tesla
    Version
    Nvidia (Halved position)

Portfolio +4.7%
    S&P +2.9%

Buy
    Tremor (add)
    Redfin (add)

Sold
    Datadog
    StoneCo

Monthly Performance: +8.5%
    YTD Performance: +0.3%

Added more:
    FSLY
    PSTH
    CPNG
    QS
    GOLD
    T
    BABA
    GAN
    ARB.L
    CDR

Reduced:
    NIO
    STELLANTIS
    FROG

Exited completely:
    Hyundai
    CLOV

Busy month.

1fd7ae0e28f3e0c49504e8ea804e9437.png

3f384205c801cc916f52cccb477eff83.png

I was on holidays last month so wasn't keeping track of my portfolio but made a lot of changes

Monthly performance:

January +10%

February +10%

March +0.5%

April +4%

May -12%

June ???

July +6%

May buys:

BTC

ETH

BTCX

ETHX

C20

May sells:

BIGC, BUD, CGC, CHGG, DDOG, DIS, DKNG, DOCU, DRIV, EBIT, FUBO, GAN, GMBL, INVH, LOTZ, LYFT, NET, SOL, TDOC, TWLO, Z, BTCC, AESE, SNSR, LIT, QSR, ZM, RY, VMW, LSPD, APTV, ALB, AC, and BNB, XRP, NEXO, NFTX, YLD, MATIC, GTC, CAKE, TITAN, WEX

First time selling anything in a while but I sold almost all of my individual stocks in early July, keeping only my main total stock market ETFs and a handful of my favourites. I thought I was diversified but they would pretty much rise and fall together, along with the ETFs. I wasn't keeping track of any of them and it was too risky having so many correlated assets so I decided to tidy it up and buy BTC and ETH while they were low. I also sold all my crypto sh1tcoins and did the same with them. Not allowed hold crypto in my tax-free accounts so I bought btc and eth ETFs for those. For fun, I put a small amount in C20 (crypto top 20 index fund token) to go towards a trip for my 40th in a few years 🤞 Hope to see some more updates in this thread too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Not allowed hold crypto in my tax-free accounts

tax free accounts?

Advertisement