Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

text from bank?

• 02-02-2021 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hi, i tried to buy an item from Amazon .de earlier, i paid through my paypal account, then i recieved a text asking me to confirm spend at Amazon, would my Bank send such a text? the text says there's a hold on my card until i confirm.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭phildub

glaswegian wrote: »
    Hi, i tried to buy an item from Amazon .de earlier, i paid through my paypal account, then i recieved a text asking me to confirm spend at Amazon, would my Bank send such a text? the text says there's a hold on my card until i confirm.

Thanks.

Yes i have received texts like that but if in doubt call your bank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,146 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If there's a link in the text to confirm it's a scam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭glaswegian

No link in the text, the last 4 digits on my card, the date, the cost of the item and Amazon .De are highlighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

If in doubt, ring the bank on an independently sourced number

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,136 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

AIB have sent me messages like that in the past. As others have said, if in doubt call your bank, they'll be able to confirm if they sent it or not

• Advertisement

Thanks, i've had a phone call before to confirm a purchase, probably because i don't use my card often but never a text, is there an AIB call center number i could call to confirm by phone?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭corkie

Changes to AIB Card Terms and Conditions effective 31 January 2021

"We’re adding an extra layer of security known as Strong Customer Authentication (SCA). These changes will help fight fraud and make your online transactions with your AIB card more secure."

https://aib.ie/sca-card

It's a new process coming into effect since 31 January.

corkie wrote: »
    Changes to AIB Card Terms and Conditions effective 31 January 2021

"We’re adding an extra layer of security known as Strong Customer Authentication (SCA). These changes will help fight fraud and make your online transactions with your AIB card more secure."

https://aib.ie/sca-card

It's a new process coming into effect since 31 January.
    THANKS

Thanks all for your input, problem solved, the bank did send the text.

Advertisement