Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any current android phones with a decent vibrate?

• 02-02-2021 10:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,318 ✭✭✭✭

Remember when you'd be in a noisy environment and you'd have your phone in your pocket. You couldn't hear the ringer, but you could feel the phone pulsing, letting you know of an incoming text or call? That's what I mean by 'decent vibrate'. It was so handy for that. Smartphones have been very weak on this feature, seemingly due to the constant drive to be slim, although the Gen 1 Moto G was an outlier. Just wondering if any of ye know of any current gen phones that are strong enough to feel in your pants pocket, or if that's just gone forever?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 938 ✭✭✭swampy353

briany wrote: »
    Remember when you'd be in a noisy environment and you'd have your phone in your pocket. You couldn't hear the ringer, but you could feel the phone pulsing, letting you know of an incoming text or call? That's what I mean by 'decent vibrate'. It was so handy for that. Smartphones have been very weak on this feature, seemingly due to the constant drive to be slim, although the Gen 1 Moto G was an outlier. Just wondering if any of ye know of any current gen phones that are strong enough to feel in your pants pocket, or if that's just gone forever?

Poco x3 is what I'm using and it has fairly strong vibration

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I don't know what phone you have but there are settings on some models where you can adjust the vibration strength , the type of vibration (e.g. pulse, continuous) and apps that can make notifications repeat if you miss it the first time or until you attend to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭DopeTech

4TOkP3.gif

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

It's not current gen any more, but LG V30 has a really good motor. Was often compared to the "taptic" engine on apple devices but I have no experience with them to compare personally.

not sure if they've kept the same motor for subsequent v-series devices though.

• Advertisement

briany wrote: »

This has bluetooth and could be set to activate on ring.

probably would meet the above requirement

Advertisement