Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to ditch the pint?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭bigar

Being from Belgium and being used to 33cl, or even 25cl occasionally, a pint is too large for me. I always ask for half a pint.
    We of course have the smaller glasses because a lot of our beers are a higher ABV and much better too of course ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭saabsaab

bigar wrote: »
    Being from Belgium and being used to 33cl, or even 25cl occasionally, a pint is too large for me. I always ask for half a pint.
    We of course have the smaller glasses because a lot of our beers are a higher ABV and much better too of course ;)

I think we are going that way less but stronger. Unless you're talking about Uisce Beatha or Poitin.

• Registered Users Posts: 52,012 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

If the glasses were smaller we’d have to go up to the bar more often.

Am trying to look up the rules but all Google is giving me is sites about problem drinking.

Afaik you can sell alcohol in any measure, as long as its clear.
    So a metric bar is fine, calling 500ml a large would be fine,
    calling it a pint wouldn't be fine.

If the glasses were smaller we’d have to go up to the bar more often.

Good pint!

Is the day of the pintman coming to an end? Will Corona be his death knell?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 68 ✭✭Shane Driscoll

saabsaab wrote: »
    Good pint!

Is the day of the pintman coming to an end? Will Corona be his death knell?

Only if he's like 90, or obese.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭chrissb8

Germany has 1-litre glasses and beer that is on average over 5% alcohol content. And they're fine. It's the same thing with closing the off licences. Pointless measures to combat the Irish attitude to drink.

So no would not be in favour of it at all.

chrissb8 wrote: »
    Germany has 1-litre glasses and beer that is on average over 5% alcohol content. And they're fine. It's the same thing with closing the off licences. Pointless measures to combat the Irish attitude to drink.

So no would not be in favour of it at all.

I think some of us could do German. A one litre 5% pint no problem.

Advertisement