Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Top Christmas Movie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Home Alone

This damn job of mine is getting in the way of my voting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

Home alone

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Home Alone advances easily :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭nightie

This damn job of mine is getting in the way of my voting :)

This voting is getting in the way of my damn job!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The next matchup will be live at 10.30, give people a chance to get involved :)

Match 18

A Christmas Carol (1999 TV Movie)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0216621/?ref_=fn_al_tt_6
    An old bitter miser who makes excuses for his uncaring nature learns real compassion when three ghosts visit him on Christmas Eve.

Vs

Santa Who?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0251382/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0
    Santa suffers a case of amnesia on the eve of his busiest season.

First to 4

• Registered Users Posts: 30,582 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

A Christmas Carol (1999 TV Movie).
    A great performance from Patrick Stewart and a more faithful attempt at adapting the original Dickens story than some versions.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Gotta be A Christmas Carol for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭dubstepper

A Christmas Carol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,314 ✭✭✭✭DvB

A christmas carol
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

An easy 4-0 win for A Christmas Carol

Next Matchup goes live 11.30am :)

Loughc wrote: »

Am in a teams meeting.... bugger! May have to take a sneaky look though ;)
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Loughc wrote: »

You left the "ish" off the time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Phew, thought I had missed another one!

Match 19

The Night Before

On Christmas Eve, three lifelong friends spend the night in New York City looking for the Holy Grail of Christmas parties.

Vs

The Holiday

Two women troubled with guy-problems swap homes in each other's countries, where they each meet a local guy and fall in love.

First to 4

The Holiday

(Hurray I can now jump in the shower, not that I was waiting or anything :D)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

The Holiday for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

The Holiday

• Advertisement

The Night Before for me, The Holiday isn't a Christmas movie for me... could be set at any time of the year, The Night Before is all about Christmas Eve.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

The Holiday, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭snowgal

oh has to be The Holiday! Love that film, I know its not the most christmassy but it is at the same time! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭dubstepper

The night before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

The Night Before

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

5-3 to The Holiday, which was easily the first to 4 votes. :)

Darn my timing, I'd have went for the night before myself for the same reason as loughc.

Match 20

Bad Santa
    A miserable conman and his partner pose as Santa and his Little Helper to rob department stores on Christmas Eve. But they run into problems when the conman befriends a troubled kid

Vs.

Christmas With The Coopers
    The intertwined stories of four generations of Coopers unfold right before the annual family reunion on Christmas Eve. Can they survive the most beautiful time of the year?

First to 4.

Bad Santa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Bad Santa was so funny but definitley not one for the chislers :D

Advertisement