Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Top Christmas Movie

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

TRS30 wrote: »
    Out of interest did Home Alone 3 make it in?

It didn't get a single nomination :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

A Muppet Family Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,582 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

A Muppet Family Christmas

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭nightie

Die Hard (Muppets fan too but HMIAV swings it)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

3-2 to the Muppets, a tighter matchup than I thought it'd be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Die Hard

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Die Hard

3-3, next vote wins it.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Mutleyboo

A muppet family Christmas

Ye’ve burst my bubble now

Mutleyboo wrote: »
    A muppet family Christmas

Wow, and with that our number 6 seed Die Hard falls at the first round.

• Advertisement

Die Hard 2 survived longer than Die Hard 1... ye maniacs :P :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Mutleyboo

My work here is done muwhahahaha :D

Catching up on this thread when I miss voting is a rollercoaster of emotions :D glad the Muppets made it through! It's one I should have nominated but somehow missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Loughc wrote: »
    And the final Last 64 matchup...

Match 32

Die Hard 1

Vs.

A Muppet Family Christmas

A very strange pairing! First to 4.

Saved, the hardest till last!!!

I would like to think about it more however will be all over by then!!

A Muppet Family Christmas.

Edit: Didn't notice there was another page!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,315 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Die Hard 2 survived longer than Die Hard 1... ye maniacs :P :pac:

Die Hard II is more of a christmas film anyway:D
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I'm nearly ready to pop some bubbles open for a Muppet Family Christmas, didn't think it would make it! An absolute classic and not enough people know about it. Animal's "peace on earth, gimme presents!" is one of my favourite lines in any movie :D

Some stats for Round 1.

All but 2 of the top 32 seeds made it through to the last 32. Die Hard being the biggest scalp at number 6 seed.

Only 3 matches ended 4-3, the rest had more convincing margins.

So Round 2 - The last 32 is going to have some big matchups coming up. I hope to get back to this around 4pm for the start of Round 2.

This thread is most appropriate for the day that’s in it.
    Loughc, just wondering did Casablanca make the long list/get voted off?
    I’m too lazy to look over the thread. Thanks

nightie wrote: »
    This thread is most appropriate for the day that’s in it.

Casablanca didn't even get 1 nomination!

Although set in December (1942? I think?) I have never heard it described as a Christmas movie, don't remember seeing it on the Imdb top 100 christmas film list either and that has some very iffy films listed.

Interesting to hear someone consider it a christmas film though.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement

Casablanca didn't even get 1 nomination!

Stewards Enquiry lol!!! I nominated it but no worries.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

We’ll need a referee here :D

Did you nominate after the cut off point by Loughc? Seeing as there are some other dubious Christmas related films included I doubt it was omitted on purpose without any explanation.

Must look at that film again actually, its been a good few years since seeing it last.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,582 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I think Casablanca is more in the category of films to watch at Christmas, than a movie about or involving Christmas.

Say like Star Wars, Sound of Music, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Wizard of Oz, Gone with the Wind, Willy Wonka, Mary Poppins, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

DvB wrote: »
    Did you nominate after the cut off point by Loughc? Seeing as there are some other dubious Christmas related films included I doubt it was omitted on purpose without any explanation.

Must look at that film again actually, its been a good few years since seeing it last.

Wouldn’t be the first time I was late for something! It’s a classic, Christmassy for me as I watch it every Christmas. Would recommend. This thread is great, a welcome distraction from work which I better get back to now. Like I said, no worries ... thought I had imagined nominating it lol

Wouldn’t be the first time I was late for something! It’s a classic, Christmassy for me as I watch it every Christmas. Would recommend. This thread is great, a welcome distraction from work which I better get back to now. Like I said, no worries ... thought I had imagined nominating it lol

It was either late or bounced for deffo not being as Christmas movie... a few mons got bounced for that reason :)

Who's ready for Round 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭snowgal

yessss! except Ive to go to the shop now and itll probably be over by the time I get back!!

Round 2!

Match 1

It's the battle of the North Poles.

Elf

Vs.

Noelle

First to 5 this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭dubstepper

Elf

Advertisement