Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building Monentum: what are your thoughts?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭scooby77

Seemingly a big sticking point for ASTI and secondary TUI was restoration of old H.Dip allowance for post 2011 entrants.
    Primary never got that anyway so irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Sir123

scooby77 wrote: »
    Seemingly a big sticking point for ASTI and secondary TUI was restoration of old H.Dip allowance for post 2011 entrants.
    Primary never got that anyway so irrelevant.

That’s very true and I think it should be restored. It’s hard to believe that 10 years later that we’re still in this mess.

On the bright side, at least those of us in ASTI also rejected these “new initiatives” that INTO gladly accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Sir123

My wife and I, both INTO post 2011 entrants, voted No. When I started this thread, it was coming from a position of a vacuum of information given to primary teachers. There was no objective unbiased views on the agreement, and at the branch meetings when I put forward a couple of questions, they were brushed aside.

I’m not surprised it’s played out like this. For years, it’s exactly why I felt like our union didn’t have a care for new entrants. They’ll like to say they have alright, and try to preach that everything achieved on the equality issue has been because of their hard work. Unfortunately, there are just too many people completely uninterested in it, and we’ve been let down again.

Thanks to everyone for your informed opinions, it’s a sad state of affairs that primary teachers need to go to boards for objective advice.

I agree with you 100%. John Boyle wouldn’t even blink an eyelid at any of his lesser paid teachers. Only alternative is a mass exodus of members that actually makes INTO question their direction and their members’ dissatisfaction. Unless this happens, the continuation of INTO rolling over to proposals is going to last forever more.

Sad day for the profession.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭Treppen

Sir123 wrote: »
    I agree with you 100%. John Boyle wouldn’t even blink an eyelid at any of his lesser paid teachers. Only alternative is a mass exodus of members that actually makes INTO question their direction and their members’ dissatisfaction. Unless this happens, the continuation of INTO rolling over to proposals is going to continue forever more.

Sad day for the profession.

INTO were all ready to reopen schools fully in January until they saw threats of exodus to forsa. See how quick the leaders changed their tune.

Advertisement