Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rentable dog park/space in Dublin?

Options
  • 03-02-2021 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Does anyone know if there are places where you can rent a private area for your dog? The idea would be to have a private space to run and train for 30 min or an hour etc.

The concept exists in the US but I haven't come across it in Ireland.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭zedhead

There is only one place I am aware of, its in Enniskerry. https://www.wonderpaws.ie/dogadventurepark

would be great if there were more of them. Have been dying to get my reactive dog there for an off lead run but due to covid restrictions haven't been able to.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

That is such an amazing idea! I really wish there were more places like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭con747

Not a private rental but some good spots for exercise off leash.
    https://www.woofadvisor.com/blog/off-leash-dog-parks-dublin-ireland/

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

That one in Enniskerry looks great. Would be great if there was more, surprised some farmers wouldn't turn a bit of a field into it.
    Ideal for training off leash in a secure controlled environment.
    Off leash area is our local park is nice but has ditches as boundaries in some parts and sure my dog love to go explore in the wet mucky bottoms of ditches so isn't ideal.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,385 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Alot of parks have designated places that are fenced off. Our local park allows dogs off the leash until 11 am so that might be an option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭zedhead

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Alot of parks have designated places that are fenced off. Our local park allows dogs off the leash until 11 am so that might be an option.

Those spaces are not great for reactive dogs. Trying to do training and safe off lead introductions to other dogs - a private retanble neutral space like the place in Eniskerry is ideal. Or even just being able to let our guy off lead at all on his own is impossible when he reacts badly to any other dog he spots no matter how far away

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

Pawwed Rig wrote: »

One of our rescues hasn't got great recall, and she's terrified of strangers, she spooks extremely easily and would likely take off.
    Letting her off in a park would be disastrous ☹️
    We walk her twice a day, and use a long extendable lead to let her run a bit in the park, but I'd love an enclosed area to really give her free reign for a bit. I'd happily pay for the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭bertiebomber

I am think of doing this in the west of ireland I wonder would there be a niche market for it? I have a few walled fields in one big rectangle about 6/7 acres?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

I'd definitely be interested in same in South Dublin.
    There is one place near us that we can do this, but depends of A anybody else around, and of the space is being used for is official purpose.
    Like others I'd happily pay a reasonable fee to have a reliable available spot and would love of it featured ability to connect with others to try mutually train being around other dogs without reacting (or getting somebody to bring along a well trained dog).
    Keep us posted of you hear of anything.
    I'll take a look at enjoyably as soon as I'm allowed travel that far, but it may be a bit too far to be convenient on any regular basis.

Just a thought; if anybody has connection to tennis courts, it could be a handy earner if willing to trust dogs and owners to stick to any rules laid down

• Registered Users Posts: 1 shiningbright

Hey all, I know this is an old ish thread, but I found a new private dog park that you can rent by the hour

It's in ballyboughal near the naul and looks great! It's called pawesome walks dog park, look it up on Instagram, I've booked my reactive cockapoo in for tomorrow morning so will let you know how we get on

• Advertisement
Advertisement