Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dormant Irish Nationwide account

• 03-02-2021 3:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭

Hi all if this is the incorrect fourm appoliges and could a mod relocate to the appropriate fourm please.

Clearing out some old sheds recently my father and myself found 2 deposit books from Dec 2002 belonging to my Grandfather who passed away in Feb 2003.
    There is a sum of money remaining in both books.

What's the correct procedure to investigate and access these accounts.

Thanks in advance
    Bonzo.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

I would think that the executor to the estate needs to contact PTSB, who acquired the NIBS deposits, as a first step.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

JTMan wrote: »
    I would think that the executor to the estate needs to contact PTSB, who acquired the NIBS deposits, as a first step.

+1 OP, there was a thread on the topic of dormant accounts recently. Bottom line is that when an account is categorized as dormant then the money goes to the NTMA but they will not deal with you, you have to take it up with the original bank or their successors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

JTMan wrote: »

Thanks , Slightly of topic, when the executor ( dads brother in Law ) is deceased who becomes executor then.

Advertisement