Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Screwfix.ie

Options
  • 03-02-2021 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭

Screwfix.ie is not an Irish website. It's an Irish domain alright but UK based products.Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I ordered a light fixture from them 3 weeks ago and I got an email saying parcel force had my parcel etc. Tracking number in the email all good. I never got it.
    Why are parcel force a UK courier delivering my parcel from within Ireland. My guess is they are not, it was coming from the UK.
    So if you order on that Irish website the goods come from the UK? Which at the moment isnt a great idea.
    Am I talking through my hat?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

As long as they do their paperwork correctly then it shouldn't matter to you.

I've bought from .ie domains that ship from England and there's been no problem.

Screwfix also say on their website that although there are delays you won't pay any additional taxes or charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Smee_Again wrote: »
    As long as they do their paperwork correctly then it shouldn't matter to you.

I've bought from .ie domains that ship from England and there's been no problem.

Screwfix also say on their website that although there are delays you won't pay any additional taxes or charges.

Well it does matter if what I ordered is going to take longer and possibly not arrive at all?
    I'm sure If I order something from within Ireland it will come much quicker than something from England.

Yeah, but that was the case when you ordered so what's your issue?

If your package is lost then contact Screwfix and get them to resend it or refund you.

Smee_Again wrote: »
    Yeah, but that was the case when you ordered so what's your issue?

If your package is lost then contact Screwfix and get them to resend it or refund you.

Maybe it's me but if I order something from a .ie website I'm expecting it to come from somewhere within Ireland. Can you not understand that?
    My issue is exactly that.

Maybe it's me but if I order something from a .ie website I'm expecting it to come from somewhere within Ireland. Can you not understand that?

I can now, but that's not how it works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I ordered some stuff from screwfix.ie on the 2nd January. Parcelforce picked it up on the 3rd and it has been sitting with status 'Your parcel has been sorted and will now be prepared for export' since the 4th. Value and shipping is less than €20 so no customs due.
    Have emailed scewfix but no response from them.

I ordered some stuff from screwfix.ie on the 2nd January. Parcelforce picked it up on the 3rd and it has been sitting with status 'Your parcel has been sorted and will now be prepared for export' since the 4th. Value and shipping is less than €20 so no customs due.

Carbon copy of mine. I went through PayPal and got a refund.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

Your expectation is wrong. Can I be picked up in screwfix in Dublin? I was in their branch in Sandyford yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Yur assumption is wrong, and now you know it.
    .IE does not mean it is shipped from Ireland.

EG sportsdirect.ie ships from UK ....

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bronkobilly

screwfix and B&Q same company owned by the kingfisher group

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

I would say most companies with a presence in the U.K. ship from there even if they are VAT registered in Ireland, have shops in Ireland and an Irish domain. I’ve ordered from M&S, Next and Argos in the last month and all came from the U.K.

Yur assumption is wrong, and now you know it.
    .IE does not mean it is shipped from Ireland.

EG sportsdirect.ie ships from UK ....

Well you learn something new every day thankyou.
    I won't be ordering from screwfix.ie anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

My package got delivered on Thursday...a month after it was ordered from screwfix. They emailed me today to refund the shipping cost which was a nice surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭phester28

Parcel has not moved from the uk in 11 days. Screwfix say its with UK customs and to wait more. But they also claim the paperwork is done with EORI commodity code etc so there is no reason for a delay other than a backlog.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

phester28 wrote: »
    Parcel has not moved from the uk in 11 days. Screwfix say its with UK customs and to wait more. But they also claim the paperwork is done with EORI commodity code etc so there is no reason for a delay other than a backlog.

I can't see why they would be in a backlog when Amazon and others are coming through customs with minimal delay now.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭phester28

They mentioned parcelforce being the issue on the uk side. Maybe they only use one courier. Otherwise you are spot on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,787 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Similar issue here.
    Ordered some garage shelving in early January, it was dispatched on Jan 11th and its stuck somewhere in the loop.
    Parcelforce tracking says its in Ireland but GLS say it never left the UK.
    I rang Screwfix over a week ago and they said they would chase it up.
    Heard nothing yet .
    Very frustrating as I cant proceed with cleaning out the garage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I think it's ridiculous that Screwfix.ie is listing itself with 3 irish locations, an irish address listed as their registered business address, an irish website, charges in euro, states you can either "click-and-collect" from their waterford / dublin retail shops, or they ship it to you... ALL strongly implying they are IRISH, and then, kaboom, your parcel is stuck in customs for a month.

It's in no way transparent to the customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

Well you learn something new every day thankyou.
    I won't be ordering from screwfix.ie anytime soon.

FFS I just ordered 2days ago

Advertisement