Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Statement of Liability question

• 03-02-2021 5:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭

Myself and my wife are Joint accessed, she works PAYE as do I plus I have a small business.

I can get a Statement of Liability from the ROS website but i cannot do the same for her.
    My understanding is the one statement covers both of us as we are jointly tax accessed. Am I correct in this or can she get one for her PAYE only?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

If you are jointly assessed and the small business income has not resulted in you having to file a Form 11 on ROS but is included in the PAYE returns, then the Statement of Liability will issue in the assessable spouses name with all joint income included.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Chuckie_Egg

I did do Tax returns using form 11, so am I correct in thinking we should only get 1 statement?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

I did do Tax returns using form 11, so am I correct in thinking we should only get 1 statement?

If you are filing a Form 11 then ROS will usually not allow you to also file for a PAYE SOL . It will say something like "you cannot complete this action as you were registered for income tax". So the ITSA notice which issues from the F11 filing is all you should have for all joint incomes/reliefs/etc. If you can get a PAYE SOL it will presumably not show the self-assessed income so will not be a complete statement of all joint income for the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Chuckie_Egg

Thanks Stratvs

Advertisement