Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I buy mature trees

Options
  • 03-02-2021 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi guys, as the title says, looking for a mature /large tree or two for our front garden. Something colourful preferably, I like the acers, or cherry blossom. Where can I get one locally that won't break the bank? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

You'll be paying big money for a mature acer they're a very slow growing tree.

There used to be a garden centre of sorts over at the mart on the killeshin rd I saw a couple of large trees there but I'm not sure if they're still there.

Most of the online places will deliver but be prepared for a large price tag.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Delirah

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I know an acer would cost a fortune, that's the dream tree 😂 but really anything that looks nice in the centre of front garden would do!
    Not sure about that place near the mart actually, I don't think it's there any more but will check thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Delirah wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. Yeah I know an acer would cost a fortune, that's the dream tree 😂 but really anything that looks nice in the centre of front garden would do!
    Not sure about that place near the mart actually, I don't think it's there any more but will check thanks.

The arboretum has plenty of semi mature trees also. Cherry blossom are lovely but they can get very tall so might be more work than you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭steinbock123

Caragh Nursuries

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Delirah

Thanks all

• Advertisement
Advertisement