Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

using dry ridge kit for roof with normal ridge tiles

• 03-02-2021 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

Hi,
    i was considering using the dry ridge kit instead of usual ridge tiles on my roof. my house is semi detached so we both share the same long length of ridge tiles naturally enough. if you use the kit can it be used and joined up with normal ridge tiles. in other words can i just do my stretch kf the roof with it, up to where hos ridge tiles start? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Dobloman

crxsi09 wrote: »
    Hi,
    i was considering using the dry ridge kit instead of usual ridge tiles on my roof. my house is semi detached so we both share the same long length of ridge tiles naturally enough. if you use the kit can it be used and joined up with normal ridge tiles. in other words can i just do my stretch kf the roof with it, up to where hos ridge tiles start? thanks
    I would think you should be ok.There might be need to do a small piece of lead flashing where they meet.Are you replacing all the tiles/slates aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭crxsi09

Dobloman wrote: »
    I would think you should be ok.There might be need to do a small piece of lead flashing where they meet.Are you replacing all the tiles/slates aswell.

not too sure at the moment. i have leaks coming in from the ridge tilea so i thought might as well get the ridge kit put on it if possible. i would imagine a few tiles maybe need replacing in the first row at the ridge tiles, wont know until they take them off and see where the leaks are coming in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Prob just cracked and missing mortar. But if there's leaks coming in then that means the felt had deteriorated too. You may need felt changed. I'd put money on it. In terms of changing all the slates or tiles. You may have not change none though lest some get broken during the work which is possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭crxsi09

listermint wrote: »
    Prob just cracked and missing mortar. But if there's leaks coming in then that means the felt had deteriorated too. You may need felt changed. I'd put money on it. In terms of changing all the slates or tiles. You may have not change none though lest some get broken during the work which is possible.

ya who knows what its like under the ridge tiles. i say your right new felt will be needesd. its leaking into the attic from where the ridge tiles are and through the felt in the attic.the attix isnt converted. so i say the felt in the attic might need replacing too. i can see the water leaking down some of the beams so im catching it in buckets etc at the moment until i can get someone to fix it all. i seen the ridge kit on some houses ans it looks a good sturdy system. no mortar etc.

Advertisement