Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Desktop like phone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

Davy wrote: »

Thanks for reply. Unfortunately not. He would need something like an traditional house phone handset as is unable to hold a mobile or answer calls on them.
    But could still pick up an ordinary traditional phone receiver and manage use that for calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Berberis wrote: »
    Thanks for reply. Unfortunately not. He would need something like an traditional house phone handset as is unable to hold a mobile or answer calls on them.
    But could still pick up an ordinary traditional phone receiver and manage use that for calls.

The desktop type you linked to should work here fine. We use the 900/1800 bands which it supports.

Davy wrote: »
    The desktop type you linked to should work here fine. We use the 900/1800 bands which it supports.

Cheers Davy, think I'll give it a go so. Will be really handy for him if it works. Hopefully I don't get hit with a lot of custom charge's since Brexit.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭myfreespirit

Berberis wrote: »
    Cheers Davy, think I'll give it a go so. Will be really handy for him if it works. Hopefully I don't get hit with a lot of custom charge's since Brexit.

Hi,
    This GSM phone is also available on the AMAZON Germany website for €59.99.

https://www.amazon.de/Express-Panda-Wireless-Desktop-Phone/dp/B01D2JFE0Q/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=Wireless+GSM+Desktop+Phone&qid=1612514422&sr=8-1

Ordering from amazon.de will avoid any customs charges.
    (I use this site occasionally and find deliveries work faultlessly).
    Hope this helps.

• Advertisement

Hi,
    This GSM phone is also available on the AMAZON Germany website for €59.99.

https://www.amazon.de/Express-Panda-Wireless-Desktop-Phone/dp/B01D2JFE0Q/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=Wireless+GSM+Desktop+Phone&qid=1612514422&sr=8-1

Ordering from amazon.de will avoid any customs charges.
    (I use this site occasionally and find deliveries work faultlessly).
    Hope this helps.

Nice one. Thanks very much for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭niallb

If they already have a phone that they are familiar with,
    you can get a GSM adapter like the one below.

Insert your SIM, plug it in and plug the existing phone into the socket.
    It also means if their phone has existing speed-dials or is altered to work with a hearing aid for example that these features are still available.
    These boxes usually work with both 2G and 3G coverage which can be a big deal depending on where you are in the country. 2G coverage isn't what it used to be.
    41mgOJ79ZiL._AC_SL1001_.jpg

Thanks for the reply.
    I got the phone from my Original Post and it has been a great success. He has been getting so many calls from old neighbours and friends every day, it has really been a God send

Advertisement